retsgo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco OBX 4-Door. 2020 C43 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
37. Was originally set on a 2-door, but then I realized during test-drive that my dog cant stick her head out the window easily on the 2-door. Went for the 4-door just for her.
Sponsored

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 dr here, 51.

I owned the 96 in my Avatar up until 5 years ago, and I'm old enough to remember the time when most cars (even family ones) were 2 doors. We made it work and it didn't seem like a big deal.

In spite of that, I'll buck the trend here and say, not only do I prefer the look of the 4 door, but they are infinitely more practical. The first point is an opinion (and I'm clearly in the minority there), the 2nd is just kind of a fact.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When they first announced the Bronco was likely coming back. I wished for a half door for rear access instead of 4 full doors.
And I honestly believe a wheelbase halfway between the current 2 and 4 door would be perfect for almost any terrain.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• 46 and 2 door is the only option in my mind. Brings back memories of my 79 International Scout from high school. If there was no two door, I wouldn't be driving a Bronco at all.
Same I'd have a Wrangler.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had to flip my choice from 2dr manual to a 4dr auto.

Because of a BRaptor.

If had the money, I'd have kept the 2dr to go with the BRaptor.

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
50, 4dr Heritage, auto.
Would have gone 2 door with stick, but my wife was adamantly against it.
The 4 door has grown on me.
Had (2) 2 door Wranglers with stick. One in my 20s and the other in my 40s.

Like the extra space in the 4 door cargo area, and the practicality of it. Works as a great commuter for the days that I go into the office.

Base

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
42, with a 2DR and 2 year old son. I thought it would be difficult putting our son in the back everyday but it's amazing for me. Im short and flexible and he has no door to escape. Wish the cargo space was bigger but that's my only complaint. 2 Door is beautiful, why I passed on the 4 door. And I don't think I would have bought a Bronco with out Manual option.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

57, 2 door, looks great like the 1st Gen and quicker to clean IMO:wink:

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
59-- wanted a 2 door but everglades only comes as a 4 door. Will be selling a 2 door Rubicon and the bronco will be replacing it as my off road vehicle.

Sponsored

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
52- 4 Door Raptor

1) the Raptor only comes in 4 door
2) I like the room of a 4 door better.

I like the looks of both, but as pointed out- the 4Dr is where the volume is for the family aspect.

I could add that for off-road, wheelbase works- not that the raptor goes off road alot. I would imagine 4dr is preferable for overlanding as well- for space.

I have also have a '70 & '75 which are both two doors and the 4dr daily was just better for my needs.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
57, 2 door, looks great like the 1st Gen and quicker to clean IMO:wink:
I'm 62 this July and I never considered a 4 door. The 2dr just looks so good where the 4dr blends in with everything else out there to me. It IS way easy to clean also , lol.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would have loved to have a 2-door with manual trans. So donā€™t go ballistic on me for saying this.
If it werenā€™t for the 4-door Broncos, the current 2 doors would have never happened.
The Broncos went away because they only had 2 doors. Explorers and Expeditions replaced them. Just facts.
Ford has no real interest in nostalgia, unless it sells a butload of carsā€¦. Not just a few.
If these Just Facts are true then why would Ford not just build 4 door models, throw a Flex body on a frame and be done with it! Everyone knows why 4 door models out sell their 2 door counterparts, for the most part everyone feels that they need to take everything including the kitchen sink when they go anywhere! Plus no one wants to bend over to get in the rear seat because they're either fat or out of shape. There are legitimate reasons for having a 4 door, like mother's with small children, but damn I'm glad I didn't have a legitimate reason! First thing I did with my 2 door was taken out the rear seat so wife and I didn't have to worry about family and friends that wanted to sit back there! I think your statement is true but kinda ass backwards, I don't think the 6G series of Bronco would have happened without the 2door. I'd bet my last dollar that the powers at Ford said we can't bring the Bronco line back without a 2 door version.

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If these Just Facts are true then why would Ford not just build 4 door models, throw a Flex body on a frame and be done with it! Everyone knows why 4 door models out sell their 2 door counterparts, for the most part everyone feels that they need to take everything including the kitchen sink when they go anywhere! Plus no one wants to bend over to get in the rear seat because they're either fat or out of shape. There are legitimate reasons for having a 4 door, like mother's with small children, but damn I'm glad I didn't have a legitimate reason! First thing I did with my 2 door was taken out the rear seat so wife and I didn't have to worry about family and friends that wanted to sit back there!
Because they are competing with Wranglers which also have 2 and 4 door options . A Flex is uni-body and you canā€™t just throw it on a frame. Also doesnā€™t have removable doors and top. It was easy to do both 2 and 4 when designing the new Bronco. So why not do both? But I stick with the fact that a 2 door version wouldnā€™t have happened without the 4dr.
History of the Broncoā€™s demise is clear. Ford lost sight of what it should have become. Only Jeepā€™s success with the Wrangler because it eventually got 4 doors woke Ford up to the fact we needed a Bronco, both 2 and 4 door.

And some of us have friends and family that we actually like to take along for the fun.
Sponsored