Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on going Method Bead Grips, however I don't want to go up in tire size just yet. I want to stay at 35's for the next set.

I don't want to rebuy the rims, in other words, but my next set will likely be 35's.

If I'm going 37's, my understanding is I'd want to get 0 offset and a 1 1/2" wheel spacer. However, if I'm not going 37's (or 38's) yet, how should I order the rims? 0 offset and do some spacers?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going zero offset now will move the tire out 1.18"

Seems like some folks with 37's have been fine with 0 offset, others add the spacers.
That is pushing it way out there, in my opinion, but I have not really dug into the fitment needs for 37's.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/
Ford Bronco Advice on Method rims Screen Shot 2024-06-28 at 4.49.09 PM

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go with 0 offset whether 35s or 37s. With a 12.50 width tire, 0 offset will move the tire out just barely past sasquatch flares - looks good imo and if you end up with 37s, it will help with scrub radius.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With 0 offset you are starting to develop a bigger positive scrub radius on 35s. Not the end of the world but I would probably wait on the new rims when you try to fit the 37s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, I'm pleased with my 703's.
Totally different set up though.
base Base on 35's, no lift ...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...no-lift-method-703s-toyo-35-x-11-5-17s.32232/
The 703's are what I was looking at. I was confused on the spacer thing, but this is what I'm thinking now. I wonder if I went positive 35 then I could go with a spacer if I need one (I'm cutting the crash bar mounts off soon). I think that was what I meant to say yesterday, because a spacer on a 0 offset would be pretty wide! And I don't want wide.

https://www.methodracewheels.com/co...cts/703-gloss-titanium?variant=39550687903805

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's a great point, hadn't considered that. Do you think these +35 with 35" tires now, then perhaps a spacer if I need one with bigger tires in the future?

https://www.methodracewheels.com/co...cts/703-gloss-titanium?variant=39550687903805
I am contemplating the same thing. I am not going to 37s until my next set of tires. Spacers are not a good solution. I have concluded I need separate rims when I do 37s. I am just keeping my stock rims for now. An expensive solution for you if you want the methods now and then another set for the 37s. You may just want to get the 0 offset now and live with the increased scrub radius. Save the cash. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am contemplating the same thing. I am not going to 37s until my next set of tires. Spacers are not a good solution. I have concluded I need separate rims when I do 37s. I am just keeping my stock rims for now. An expensive solution for you if you want the methods now and then another set for the 37s. You may just want to get the 0 offset now and live with the increased scrub radius. Save the cash. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, it seems compromising in the wrong direction; if there were like a negative spacer. The thing is I'm just not ready to go up to 37's because I want to wait on the Bilstein 8112's plus $$$$, but my GY's are at like 5/32's so it's coming quick. Maybe I'll just put 35's on my stock Sas and get the Methods for the 38's (what I really want for the clearance) and just hold onto them. I was going to keep the stock rims anyways for tire alignments.

If you were doing that, you'd get the 0 offset for the bigger tires? Also, I am taking the crash bar mount off. I assume moving the tire out for larger tires keeps it from hitting stuff, don't know if I need the poke in that case?

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 703's are what I was looking at. I was confused on the spacer thing, but this is what I'm thinking now. I wonder if I went positive 35 then I could go with a spacer if I need one (I'm cutting the crash bar mounts off soon). I think that was what I meant to say yesterday, because a spacer on a 0 offset would be pretty wide! And I don't want wide.

I know nothing of scrub radius etc etc, never looked into it, I don't typically stray to far from factory specs, and I've barely scratched the surface regarding 37's .... but,

It seems , regarding body/tire clearance, etc , using a zero offset might be "required"/ "highly recommended" for a decent fit for 37's????

If that is somewhat true, I'd maybe try living with the zero offset poke until you're ready for the 37's.
My preference is to avoid spacers.

Strongly recommend much research into this and make an informed decision.

Funny how folks have different preferences.
I'm not dead set against spacers, but I'd try to avoid them as much as possible.
Others disagree...

On the flip side, I don't waste effort looking for hub centric wheels, centering rings are fine, others INSIST hub centric is the only way to go.

Sponsored

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, it seems compromising in the wrong direction; if there were like a negative spacer. The thing is I'm just not ready to go up to 37's because I want to wait on the Bilstein 8112's plus $$$$, but my GY's are at like 5/32's so it's coming quick. Maybe I'll just put 35's on my stock Sas and get the Methods for the 38's (what I really want for the clearance) and just hold onto them. I was going to keep the stock rims anyways for tire alignments.

If you were doing that, you'd get the 0 offset for the bigger tires? Also, I am taking the crash bar mount off. I assume moving the tire out for larger tires keeps it from hitting stuff, don't know if I need the poke in that case?
yeah that’s what I am planning on doing. I am not sure yet how I am going to fit the 37s. I will probably try to use a +12 to 18 rim, some small body lift, and trimming with minimal possible suspension lift. I am running 6100 bilsteins now and also waiting for 8100s. I will only go to zero offset rim if I need to. Not sure how it will work out yet.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, it appears we were all replying at the same time.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know nothing of scrub radius etc etc, never looked into it, I don't typically stray to far from factory specs, and I've barely scratched the surface regarding 37's .... but,

It seems , regarding body/tire clearance, etc , using a zero offset might be "required"/ "highly recommended" for a decent fit for 37's????

If that is somewhat true, I'd maybe try living with the zero offset poke until you're ready for the 37's.
My preference is to avoid spacers.

Strongly recommend much research into this and make an informed decision.

Funny how folks have different preferences.
I'm not dead set against spacers, but I'd try to avoid them as much as possible.
Others disagree...

On the flip side, I don't waste effort looking for hub centric wheels, centering rings are fine, others INSIST hub centric is the only way to go.
Scrub I get now, hub centric I'm still like 🤔. I don't have anything against spacers except that they seem like a band aid and not as strong, but I also know some people like Flip that use them without issue. Also this shit is so confusing until I really get into it. Haven't even asked about backspacing! lol 😱

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah that’s what I am planning on doing. I am not sure yet how I am going to fit the 37s. I will probably try to use a +12 to 18 rim, some small body lift, and trimming with minimal possible suspension lift. I am running 6100 bilsteins now and also waiting for 8100s. I will only go to zero offset rim if I need to. Not sure how it will work out yet.
So you think even with the 2" on the 6100's you'd need a body lift too? I was thinking that would be enough. Hmm. I don't mind a small body lift, certainly cheaper than a small suspension lift. I just wouldn't want a big one. I'd also entertain the idea of a +12 as well, if the bead grips came in that...

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Go with 0 offset whether 35s or 37s. With a 12.50 width tire, 0 offset will move the tire out just barely past sasquatch flares - looks good imo and if you end up with 37s, it will help with scrub radius.
This

/Thread

I do like @87-Z28 idea of +12 to +18 as well.

Keeping as close to the factory scrub radius as possible is a good thing.

I'm still +30.
Sponsored