Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More like a Mini Raptor, the Wildtrack would still be running 35’s and same height just the upgrade from the current Hoss 3.0 Fox IBP shocks to the live valve, the Badlands gets additional lift, 37’s, and upgraded shocks, maybe a new Ford Performance shock with the additional lift, you know built out like most Badlands owners do only with a factory warranty. My point really is the live valve shocks don’t really make sense on the Badlands trim since it’s their crawler.
Sounds like what I built myself lol
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

More like a Mini Raptor, the Wildtrack would still be running 35’s and same height just the upgrade from the current Hoss 3.0 Fox IBP shocks to the live valve, the Badlands gets additional lift, 37’s, and upgraded shocks, maybe a new Ford Performance shock with the additional lift, you know built out like most Badlands owners do only with a factory warranty. My point really is the live valve shocks don’t really make sense on the Badlands trim since it’s their crawler.
They do allow for more articulation.

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Live valve = same shocks on the Raptor??

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still haven't figured out how Ford can't see people want more a-la-carte in their broncos. I don't do enough dirty stuff to worry about carpet getting nasty but I see the MGV as more suited to my use than carpet. At this point there should be 3 seating choices, 2 flooring and 3 dash color options on all non-version broncos. I absolutely hate the WT sand stone and blue highlight interior so it makes me wonder how many people have taken a specific model because it had most of the options they wanted but had to take one or two they really didn't like.
Ford made it easy for me. BL, manual, standard package. A no compromise rig. Of course theyve been playing musical bumpers so I had to add the mod bumper to my 22 order.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wait — “live valve” is different than the IBP Fox shocks on WildTrak — no? This sounds like a new / different shock.
The 2.5 live valve Foxes are the same ones that are on the Ranger Raptor I think. Which makes this seem plausible from a production standpoint.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2.5 live valve Foxes are the same ones that are on the Ranger Raptor I think. Which makes this seem plausible from a production standpoint.
Cool. So it is, in fact, different than anything currently on WT.

It really sounds like they're making Badlands the top trim in all categories, then (BRaptor, notwithstanding). I'd assume the LV shocks are better than the current WT ones.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cool. So it is, in fact, different than anything currently on WT.

It really sounds like they're making Badlands the top trim in all categories, then (BRaptor, notwithstanding). I'd assume the LV shocks are better than the current WT ones.

They are adjustable , so customizable for different terrain (on road, dessert running, rock crawling) - So in that regard - yes
Not sure they are better for the one setting that would match the WildTrak.
I believe they give you more lift.
I'm wondering about the coils - and weight - and payload - and maybe tow limits.

Either way, I'm interested.

As far as ordering trims - I don't see certain trims as being ranked higher, Badlands and WildTrak are on par with each other - always have been in my eyes - just different. They can easily be built to the same price or more either way.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering those Bilstein ESC-V shocks are also on the TRD Off-Road packages, I'm thinking this might also be balancing suppliers.

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are adjustable , so customizable for different terrain (on road, dessert running, rock crawling) - So in that regard - yes
Not sure they are better for the one setting that would match the WildTrak.
I believe they give you more lift.
I'm wondering about the coils - and weight - and payload - and maybe tow limits.

Either way, I'm interested.

As far as ordering trims - I don't see certain trims as being ranked higher, Badlands and WildTrak are on par with each other - always have been in my eyes - just different. They can easily be built to the same price or more either way.
Good points with your comments about the shocks.

I'm not asking about what's "higher ranked" in the status sense, though -- I mean in the sense that Badlands is now going to be materially better in every dimension, whereas the current situation is that there are tradeoffs (WildTrak = better suspension more for high-speed/Baja; Badlands = swaybar disconnect for crawling).

That tradeoff led me to purchase a WildTrak (I love high-speed off-road stuff more than rock crawling), but I would almost certainly to go for the Badlands if I were buying a 2025 (and assuming all the speculation here is true).

It just seems to make the WildTrak trim irrelevant.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good points with your comments about the shocks.

I'm not asking about what's "higher ranked" in the status sense, though -- I mean in the sense that Badlands is now going to be materially better in every dimension, whereas the current situation is that there are tradeoffs (WildTrak = better suspension more for high-speed/Baja; Badlands = swaybar disconnect for crawling).

That tradeoff led me to purchase a WildTrak (I love high-speed off-road stuff more than rock crawling), but I would almost certainly to go for the Badlands if I were buying a 2025 (and assuming all the speculation here is true).

It just seems to make the WildTrak trim irrelevant.
Nobody outside of Ford knows yet I assume, but it's possible the WT is eliminated or otherwise updated to differentiate. I heard something recently about how the BL was originally the top trim.

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget the earlier speculations here as well. The Badlands has been used as a test platform for other changes/improvements/options that ended up coming out with limited editions and didn't necessarily end up on a Badlands. Not discounting what was originally told to the OP.

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget the earlier speculations here as well. The Badlands has been used as a test platform for other changes/improvements/options that ended up coming out with limited editions and didn't necessarily end up on a Badlands. Not discounting what was originally told to the OP.
Oh I've got a scoop for you! 2025 will see the amazing WT 2.0, the Lincoln Palomino! Starting at $78k $83K $94k $101k, you get all the luxury you expect from a Lincoln, with the off road manners of a Bronco! Real leather seats, wood trim, cupholders for every seat! Power seats w/memory, air bag suspension, 3.5L engine. This ain't no princess but she'll be ready to roll with you up that mountain!

Let's see if we can get that rumor going... :LOL: