First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will fully disclaim I have no idea who this youtuber is, so I cannot validate his claims, plus it is a very small channel (it just popped up in my might like que). BUT the anecdotal lots I have seen both in person and on-line inventory would lead me to believe he is close. I know there is a website out there that somewhat accurately tracks this.

I will agree with two statements he makes and disagree with one.

Agree:
- Too expensive, MSRP is beyond stupid and people willing paying(ed) markups just incentivized dealers to make all they could (good for them on doing so!)
- For the size and the MSRP they are hitting up against pricing for more familytruckster cars that are more comfortable and useful for family's - more practical but potentially somewhat more expensive. (not getting a "toy").

Disagree:
- People not wanting them any more. <--- Edit: what I disagree with. What I think is the case. ---> I think the early adopters got ours, but the hype for the average buyer is now closer to normal and pricing is out of line with what they want to pay.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I kind of agree with all three points. If you are not into at least some form of offroading beyond forrest roads and/or don't have small hands why buy a Bronco? It is noisy, MPG sucks, on-asphalt ride sucks, interior is bare minimum, the electronics suck, the interior appointments suck, the AC kind of sucks. And let's not forget - no rear cupholders.

As a mostly DD with an occasional weekend outing it beats the crap out of a Wrangler, but as an exclusive family vehicle one would do much better with a 4Runner, LandCrusier, and pretty much any full size SUV at about the same price. And I still struggle not to call mine a "Jeep" when talking to friends and family. Like it or not the Jeep has a deep mindshare that the Bronco never had, and may never get. It is not a great vehicle except for a very small group, yet it sells well beyond the value that it brings its average buyer. Most of the Jeeps I see on the road are Sports or Willis with the standard Wranger "all terrain" tires which are little more than slightly beefier street tires that will puncture and/or tear the moment you bring them up to 40 mph on a gravel road. Clearly vehicles that will never see any meaningful offroading yet people buy them. Why? I have no idea. I guess the same reason people buy a base Base.

Last edited:

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco yet
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I bought my 2020 FX4 ranger it was a service loaner and I got a great deal. I've tried to repeat this with the bronco and dealers aren't willing to budge on price here in S Florida - either with CPO broncos or leftover 2023s, of which I see more than a few. This would be an extra vehicle, so I am taking my time. Originally targeting a BL.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will fully disclaim I have no idea who this youtuber is, so I cannot validate his claims, plus it is a very small channel (it just popped up in my might like que). BUT the anecdotal lots I have seen both in person and on-line inventory would lead me to believe he is close. I know there is a website out there that somewhat accurately tracks this.

I will agree with two statements he makes and disagree with one.

Agree:
- Too expensive, MSRP is beyond stupid and people willing paying(ed) markups just incentivized dealers to make all they could (good for them on doing so!)
- For the size and the MSRP they are hitting up against pricing for more familytruckster cars that are more comfortable and useful for family's - more practical but potentially somewhat more expensive. (not getting a "toy").

Disagree:
- People not wanting them any more. <--- Edit: what I disagree with. What I think is the case. ---> I think the early adopters got ours, but the hype for the average buyer is now closer to normal and pricing is out of line with what they want to pay.
You summed that up nicely. Much better than the video for sure.

Bronco is a toy, as is a Wrangler along with being a lifestyle vehicle (whatever that means) and sort of like sports cars, they’re more wants than needs. Both come with compromises, but at these high prices, hard to convince novices to beat up on such an expensive truck.

We’re also getting more of the cupholder and mpg crowd at these prices and they will chase whatever train is smoking, including those headed the other way.

Then there’s the Toyota on slot and the 4Runner is still a few months out. End of the year discounts are going to be brutal.

Dealerships will eat their lunch heading into 2025 and I’ll just pop some corn and watch the carnage. 🍿😎

I don’t believe in taking advantage of people just because they can be stupid. Another word for that is abuse and dealerships have been guilty of felony assault the past few years.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m happy with the initial reservation pricing I paid at $49k, but this same truck is now almost $60 and would have to agree that I wouldn’t be satisfied with the amenities offered for that price.

Its especially confusing when you see the price of the Ranger Raptor, but from what I’ve seen here, with people selling their Bronco within 2 years of ownership, I think it was a “keeping up with the Jones’” purchase.

A lot of people bought them expecting a Land Cruiser I think. I still see many complaints about things that were obvious deficiencies if you did even the slightest bit of research.

Catmandu1999

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Triumph Spitfire
Your Bronco Model
Base
. . . As a mostly DD with an occasional weekend outing it beats the crap out of a Wrangler. . .

. . . I guess the same reason people buy a base Base.
You have described our situation exactly. Never enjoyed jeeps, we love everything our Bronco does: DD, road trips, snow beast, even some bottom scraping minor rock crawling with our base steelies. And it has been fun sourcing deals on mostly cosmetic upgrades to the base package. Pretty happy for $36k out the door.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The discounts I see on leftover 23 Broncos usually incorporates things like “ military/ first responder, and college student” discounts. The Bronco will $6K under sticker, but $4K of that only applies to a select group.. Bronco Raptors have sizable reductions since they are not moving. Another tell tale sign on the plight of the Braptor is small dealerships that normally would not be slotted to have a Braptor or any other upper end vehicle now have them in stock.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most of the Jeeps I see on the road are Sports or Willis with the standard Wranger "all terrain" tires which are little more than slightly beefier street tires that will puncture and/or tear the moment you bring them up to 40 mph on a gravel road. Clearly vehicles that will never see any meaningful offroading yet people buy them. Why? I have no idea. I guess the same reason people buy a base Base.
Because Jeep and Ford are selling you, not their product. Most of the owners got inceptioned with an imaginary vision that they are adventurers and their vehicle has never been on as much as gravel. The others are serious and/or experienced off-roaders, overlanders, outdoor sports peeps, and hobbyists who knew what they were getting and were willing to pay for it. All that is totally fine. I want people to buy the truck for whatever reason they want. Because that means ford will keep making it and keep improving it. The whole market is dead. If it corrects pricing then inventory moves, if not then these companies will start shrinking brands. There is strong reason to believe ford wants the Ranger and not having to share a line with Bronco could make sense. I give us a 50/50 shot at making it to a true next gen model. Refresh? Yes. True next gen model in the format we have it now? Not so confident.

Last edited:

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cars in general aren't selling well.

The economy sucks and interest rates are high.

Consumer debt is at an all time high.

Lots of uncertainty right now.

Then comes Ford raising MSRPs on the already too expensive Bronco and discontinuing the base trim.

Braptors are hilariously overpriced. They should be in the 70s and that would still be expensive.

I'm curious how the Tacoma TRD Pro and Ttailhunter will sell once the initial hype dies down. Those are wildly expensive too.

Doing B&P on the Ranger, the one I built would be in the $50s. Yikes. I'd rather do a STX F-150.

Or go with a GM mid size or the Frontier.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cars in general aren't selling well.

The economy sucks and interest rates are high.

Consumer debt is at an all time high.

Lots of uncertainty right now.
Interest rates are high, but that is to slow inflation down because people won't stop buying. Houses are still selling for some unknown reason, and the stock market is at an all time high as well. Consumer debt always goes up, but in general, available credit is healthy.

Just curious, what's your measure for saying the economy sucks right now?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interest rates are high, but that is to slow inflation down because people won't stop buying. Houses are still selling for some unknown reason, and the stock market is at an all time high as well. Consumer debt always goes up, but in general, available credit is healthy.

For people who didn't get many raises the past years during high inflation, and maybe didn't have certain investments that went up, and who see the cost of food and other items driven up by inflation ... probably those people have a dimmer view of the state of the economy. And frankly I don't blame them. It's been kind of a split between the haves and have nots.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For people who didn't get many raises the past years during high inflation, and maybe didn't have certain investments that went up, and who see the cost of food and other items driven up by inflation ... probably those people have a dimmer view of the state of the economy. And frankly I don't blame them. It's been kind of a split between the haves and have nots.

The inflation sucks for sure, but in the construction field we are getting large raises and SLAMMED with work still.
I can't imagine being in one of the fields that hasn't seen much in the way of Cost of Living increases these past 3/4 years. Brutal....
....and then housing costs 😳

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't that always the case though? Im just trying to look at it objectively, and it seems like the economy is doing well.

Don't get me wrong, I wish things were cheaper and rates were lower, but that's always the case too.

I feel you on the haves and have nots, but don't feel that's caused by the economy being bad.

Not trying to get into a political debate or anything, and I appreciate your response.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The inflation sucks for sure, but in the construction field we are getting large raises and SLAMMED with work still.
I can't imagine being in one of the fields that hasn't seen much in the way of Cost of Living increases these past 3/4 years. Brutal....
....and then housing costs 😳
I work in the IT industry. At first after initial COVID, companies went through a period of throwing money all over and snapping up IT workers like no tomorrow. To me it was an obvious over step, but I didn't mind riding that pay raise.

Then sometime around last summer, IT companies did a 180 and started belt tightening, layoffs and more aggressive off-shoring. So I'd say right now it's a mediocre view of the economy depending on IT sector.

I understand wanting to cool inflation via monetary policy, but yeah some people get burned by that more than others, especially folks without investments/property that counter the down sides.
Sponsored