First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 22 2.3L with just 10K miles suddenly died on my way home from work. I made a left turn at a stoplight and felt a momentary cut out in power. What was that? At the next stoplight I went to accelerate, and it died completely. I managed to coast through the intersection, but I was blocking traffic on a major city throughfare for two hours waiting for a tow. What a way to spend an evening! I called the dealership it was towed to and they said they might be able to look at it in two or three days. Like WTF should not something like this get some priority? I have been driving for 46 years, this is the first time ever a vehicle has left me stranded on the road. There were no codes or symptoms before this happened. My Bronco is 100% unmodified and has never been on a gravel road much less off roading (it’s a mall crawler!). I am so pissed right now I don’t know if I want to see the darn Bronco again. I’m very disappointed and frustrated with Ford, first for the breakdown at 10K miles which is totally unacceptable, and the dealers nonchalant attitude well get to it when we can.

Just got a call from the dealer, they said it is the fuel pump. He said they tried to get one locally but had to order and should be in on Monday (its Friday today). I'm retracting what I said about the dealer, that was in the heat of the moment when I was upset.

Got my Bronco back, all is well for now. I asked the service guy about the history of fuel pump fails and if Ford has made any corrective actions. All he said is we don't do very many and there are no TSBs on it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well you are not their center of their universe. Just because you want to be first and your world is about me me me me, they are still dealing with hundreds of other people also wanting to be first. They get to you when they get to you. Just ask them for a loaner car and be on your way.

ctskier

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands 7 Speed (June 2024)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if they won't give you a loner, your insurance likely will.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bad fuel? fuel pump failure? faulty ground?
if all the lights went out, i'd vote for 'faulty' ground

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow that plain sucks. I can see why you would be so frustrated right now and may not want it anymore. We live such busy lives and rely on our vehicles to get to work, groceries, errands, etc. And then some of us 4 wheel hard on top of that. We expect a new vehicle to be reliable.

You, unfortunately have to wait for them to service it. In the meantime, I would press for a rental vehicle so you can at least get around and to work. Hopefully they find the issue and fix it and get it back to you as quickly as possible so the less time it's away, the less time you will have to be ticked off about it.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would expect a loaner in a case like this from my experiences but I suppose that varies from dealer to dealer. If a loaner wasn't offered I would escalate by talking to the service manager. My one year old Civic Si has spend a few nights on different occasions at the dealership and both times the dealer gave me a new loaner to drive for a day or two without hassle.

ctskier

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
everything take a ridiculous amount of time to fix now. Try getting a lawn mower repaired or serviced, months of waiting.

ctskier

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a lot of the problem is a lack of qualified technicians. This country needs more blue collar. If I could do it all over, that's how I would go. Much less stress better hours and probably higher billables in this market.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well you are not their center of their universe. Just because you want to be first and your world is about me me me me, they are still dealing with hundreds of other people also wanting to be first. They get to you when they get to you. Just ask them for a loaner car and be on your way.
I’m not asking or expecting to be first, but I don’t think it's unreasonable to expect more than a “we''ll get to it when we can” attitude after being stranded and towed.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not asking or expecting to be first, but I don’t think it's unreasonable to expect more than a “we''ll get to it when we can” attitude after being stranded and towed.
First time owning a Ford? 😂🤣😂

@Ford Motor Company care to comment?

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree! Disregard the haters and negative comments. It's okay to be disappointed, upset and to vent but sadly there is not much you can you about it as you are at the mercy of the dealer.

A few days is probably pretty quick, all things considered. I'd expect it to be down for even longer as once they ID the issue they'll need to fix it. If it needs parts, that could take weeks.

Hope you get back on the road quickly!

OP
OP
broncobase1

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
2-3 days is nothing. Some dealerships are 2-3 weeks behind on work so few days isn't bad at all
Its not the number of days but their attitude. Breaking down and having to be towed should be rare, and its not unresonable to expect more than a "too bad, we'll get to it when we can" attitude.

ctskier

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not the number of days but their attitude. Breaking down and having to be towed should be rare, and its not unresonable to expect more than a "too bad, we'll get to it when we can" attitude.
everything sounds worse in the heat of the moment, perhaps you just took it wrong.

take a deep breath call them back and see if they can provide a car and bump you up a few days.
Sponsored