Sponsored

How to value Bronco for total loss claim?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I disagree with the value my insurance company is placing on my Bronco. I was hit by a DUI driver and the Bronco is toast.

2021 Badlands, with 13,500 miles 2.7L auto, 4dr Lux, SAS, Hardtop, everything but leather/carpet. Race Red. I added the front bull bar (taken from my FE) and the expensive Gatorback mudflaps. I don't expect to see those add much, but it stings more when I feel the insurance company is lowballing me.

They have offered me $48k. I can't find a sub 15,000 miles 2021 Badlands LUX SAS with a hardtop for anything near that. I think it is worth in the mid fifties. Their stupid insurance software doesn't know the difference between SAS, hardtops or Lux. Softops in the Seattle area are definitely not as desirable as a hardtop.

They won't look at Autotrader and search, the refuse to look at KBB. All I have from my Ford dealer is a verbal "we would retail that at $55,500"

Other than a public adjuster, what are my definitive options to dispute their valuation?
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than a public adjuster, what are my definitive options to dispute their valuation?
I would expect those options are laid out in your policy and the best resource to interpret them for you would most likely be a competent attorney. Understand that as insurance is (typically) regulated at the State level your options will quite likely be different depending upon where you are than they might be for someone else.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought, you may be better off buying it back and reselling it for salvage yourself.
I’ve found dealing with insurance companies is one of life’s frustrations.
Working in the auto body business for 20 years.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They should be going off your vin which should include the sas, hardtop, and lux packages the add ons you’re up the creek unless you specifically told them before hand when you initially got your policy you have X amount of money in accessories on it you want covered

Sponsored
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just a thought, you may be better off buying it back and reselling it for salvage yourself.
I’ve found dealing with insurance companies is one of life’s frustrations.
Working in the auto body business for 20 years.
This is the least of it. Had to talk to/go to 9 different body shops before someone would actually agree to do an estimate/agree that they were capable of doing the work (frame replacement + body damage) They have switched reps on me 4 times now. No one reads their emails and then they call and act like its the first they are hearing of my concerns. Thankfully I have another ride, if I was without a car, I would be going bananas

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They should be going off your vin which should include the sas, hardtop, and lux packages the add ons you’re up the creek unless you specifically told them before hand when you initially got your policy you have X amount of money in accessories on it you want covered
Ha! It doesn't even have a hard top added in the automatic valuation. They don't differentiate between SAS, LUX or Hardtop..

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ha! It doesn't even have a hard top added in the automatic valuation. They don't differentiate between SAS, LUX or Hardtop..
You sir need an attorney, the evaluation should be based directly from the vin which would include all that

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco How to value Bronco for total loss claim? IMG_1414
Just a Quick Look at kbb where I live trade-in was around what they told you $48k and change

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I disagree with the value my insurance company is placing on my Bronco. I was hit by a DUI driver and the Bronco is toast.

2021 Badlands, with 13,500 miles 2.7L auto, 4dr Lux, SAS, Hardtop, everything but leather/carpet. Race Red. I added the front bull bar (taken from my FE) and the expensive Gatorback mudflaps. I don't expect to see those add much, but it stings more when I feel the insurance company is lowballing me.

They have offered me $48k. I can't find a sub 15,000 miles 2021 Badlands LUX SAS with a hardtop for anything near that. I think it is worth in the mid fifties. Their stupid insurance software doesn't know the difference between SAS, hardtops or Lux. Softops in the Seattle area are definitely not as desirable as a hardtop.

They won't look at Autotrader and search, the refuse to look at KBB. All I have from my Ford dealer is a verbal "we would retail that at $55,500"

You bought insurance from a cartoon character on TV? or used a local independent agent?

Sponsored
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You bought insurance from a cartoon character on TV? or used a local independent agent?
I came up with a screen shot of showing 54-58k on KBB excellent private part sale and sent it to them using my VIN. Their reply "we don't use that". I added mid and high packages... KBB doesn't ask about hardtops. That is private party in excellent condition (garaged, ceramic coated, and detailed every 6 months)
Ford Bronco How to value Bronco for total loss claim? Bronco 6 4.JPG

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mind telling us who the insurance company is?

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you mind telling us who the insurance company is?
Safeco/aka Liberty Mutual I have been a customer for 30+years and will be leaving as soon as the check clears. This is my first big claim and I have never had an at fault claim. In this case I was hit by a DUI drugged driver

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Safeco/aka Liberty Mutual I have been a customer for 30+years and will be leaving as soon as the check clears. This is my first big claim and I have never had an at fault claim. In this case I was hit by a DUI drugged driver
Liberty biberty? I guess they're giving you the bird.
Sponsored