Sponsored

How to value Bronco for total loss claim?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty confident that a 39yo in a low paying job who has a history of THC and fentanyl does not have much to go after…

I have under insured coverage that will make me whole eventually…
Bless you man. There’s been some good advice in the posts here, so between that and what you’ve already done, I’m sure it’ll work out, just hope it’s quickly as possible.

Back in a Bronco soon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bless you man. There’s been some good advice in the posts here, so between that and what you’ve already done, I’m sure it’ll work out, just hope it’s quickly as possible.

Back in a Bronco soon.
Everyone laughed, everyone laughed. We have/had two.. Always keep a spare on hand. We have a First Edition and we had the Badlands. It was surprise to get two 2021s... and my wife never let me sell our FJ Cruiser... Oh and she walks to work and I have a work provided F250. I am very very fortunate that I am in my situation. I would be miserable if we needed it for transportation daily.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry for what you're having to go thru, only thing I have to add is that your insurance company will be suing the other driver for the under insured claim so they're already going to be facing more than they can afford.

Sgt Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would expect those options are laid out in your policy and the best resource to interpret them for you would most likely be a competent attorney. Understand that as insurance is (typically) regulated at the State level your options will quite likely be different depending upon where you are than they might be for someone else.
Go online and find similar Badlands models near yourand save the link to them. Tell the insurance company you do not agree with their market assessed price. Send them links to the vehicles that support your argument.

That being said. I bought a 21 2 door badlands auto with 2.3 and every other option. Came with rigid roof light, ford console safe, rear swing gate shelf and running boards for $42k 2 months ago.

Sgt Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree with the value my insurance company is placing on my Bronco. I was hit by a DUI driver and the Bronco is toast.

2021 Badlands, with 13,500 miles 2.7L auto, 4dr Lux, SAS, Hardtop, everything but leather/carpet. Race Red. I added the front bull bar (taken from my FE) and the expensive Gatorback mudflaps. I don't expect to see those add much, but it stings more when I feel the insurance company is lowballing me.

They have offered me $48k. I can't find a sub 15,000 miles 2021 Badlands LUX SAS with a hardtop for anything near that. I think it is worth in the mid fifties. Their stupid insurance software doesn't know the difference between SAS, hardtops or Lux. Softops in the Seattle area are definitely not as desirable as a hardtop.

They won't look at Autotrader and search, the refuse to look at KBB. All I have from my Ford dealer is a verbal "we would retail that at $55,500"

Other than a public adjuster, what are my definitive options to dispute their valuation?
You can also ask for a independent adjuster to assess its value.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can also ask for a independent adjuster to assess its value.
That’s what a public adjuster is, both Safeco and I have agreed to hire our own. I should know better in a couple of days. Adjuster thinks we have an avenue forward

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for what you're having to go thru, only thing I have to add is that your insurance company will be suing the other driver for the under insured claim so they're already going to be facing more than they can afford.
And that’s how it should be.

When life has no consequences, you just dive deeper into being a shithead and I want them to suffer as much as possible; do better!

She drove around high because she didn’t care and felt she had nothing to lose. Well, she does and she will lose even more. Make better decisions.

Glad he has other transportation options, but why should he suffer for someone else’s being irresponsible? Well, he shouldn’t.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

And that’s how it should be.

When life has no consequences, you just dive deeper into being a shithead and I want them to suffer as much as possible; do better!

She drove around high because she didn’t care and felt she had nothing to lose. Well, she does and she will lose even more. Make better decisions.

Glad he has other transportation options, but why should he suffer for someone else’s being irresponsible? Well, he shouldn’t.

Agree, it was her choices/actions that caused this and she should be legally/financially accountable to make it right. Not saying in anyway he has to suffer, just one way or another the underinsured driver will ultimately be responsible, whether he pursues or his insurance does.

The extra money to make him right will come from legal actions against the other driver which let's face it, she can't pay and probably never will. So factor in the losses to the insurance company in pay outs for property and doctor bills along with lawyer fees and you get higher costs that get passed back to the customer.

This is a good reminder for all of us to review our insurance policies to make sure we're adequately covered and can cover if we cause someone else loss, at least it is for me.

FormerRotor

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad the appraisal came in on point! Be sure you include the cost of the appraisal in your claim/demand letter:. They’ll pay it out ~50% in states where it’s not mandatory and 100% of the time in states where it is.

Also: quick tip: many policies have allowances for aftermarket parts on top of the vehicle’s appraised value. Don’t forget to read yours to maximize your claim and get what you’re owed. The devil’s in the details!

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agree, it was her choices/actions that caused this and she should be legally/financially accountable to make it right. Not saying in anyway he has to suffer, just one way or another the underinsured driver will ultimately be responsible, whether he pursues or his insurance does.

The extra money to make him right will come from legal actions against the other driver which let's face it, she can't pay and probably never will. So factor in the losses to the insurance company in pay outs for property and doctor bills along with lawyer fees and you get higher costs that get passed back to the customer.

This is a good reminder for all of us to review our insurance policies to make sure we're adequately covered and can cover if we cause someone else loss, at least it is for me.
I would be totally screwed if I didn’t have excellent coverage. Sometimes the cheapest insurance is not the best. My carrier sucks, but my coverage is great.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Glad the appraisal came in on point! Be sure you include the cost of the appraisal in your claim/demand letter:. They’ll pay it out ~50% in states where it’s not mandatory and 100% of the time in states where it is.

Also: quick tip: many policies have allowances for aftermarket parts on top of the vehicle’s appraised value. Don’t forget to read yours to maximize your claim and get what you’re owed. The devil’s in the details!
Thank goodness no after market parts. My regret is not stripping it of anything I might want to sell…throw a crappy bikini top on it and I should have sold the hardtop

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update- It was a miserable process that my insurance company played dumb/slow rolled. Most insurance policies have an "appraisal clause" that allows both parties to hire independent appraisers who negotiate the settlement. It took weeks for them to actually engage with an appraiser. Took 2 days once they assigned it.

At the end of the day I am getting about $5,000 more than their original offer when you consider sales tax and registration fees. the base value was raised almost $4500 from their offer. It cost me $500 to get $5k. Stupid that I had to go through this, but at the end of the day I was so upset I would have spent $500 to get $501 more.

Safeco/Liberty Mutual sucks. I went through 4 claim adjusters throughout the process (not because I was complaining, it kept getting reassigned) 2 of the adjusters took PTO/vacation and NOTHING got done while they were on PTO (1 week and 2 week periods of time). Its complete BS that the process stops for the customer when the claim rep goes on vacation.

I am not replacing the 2021 Badlands, I have a 2021 First Edition as well. We are looking at a GX550 for my wife. Thankfully we don't need a 3rd car. We have had 3+1 vehicles for the last few years (2 Broncos, FJ Cruiser and my work provided truck). My wife walks to work most days. My twins turn 16 next year and they will share the FJ.

Make sure your policy has an appraisal clause. Question yourself if you have Safeco/Liberty Mutual and don't settle right away. Fortunately, I didn't need the money/settlement right away. We are switching to a higher end insurance company after this is all closed out.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update- It was a miserable process that my insurance company played dumb/slow rolled. Most insurance policies have an "appraisal clause" that allows both parties to hire independent appraisers who negotiate the settlement. It took weeks for them to actually engage with an appraiser. Took 2 days once they assigned it.

At the end of the day I am getting about $5,000 more than their original offer when you consider sales tax and registration fees. the base value was raised almost $4500 from their offer. It cost me $500 to get $5k. Stupid that I had to go through this, but at the end of the day I was so upset I would have spent $500 to get $501 more.

Safeco/Liberty Mutual sucks. I went through 4 claim adjusters throughout the process (not because I was complaining, it kept getting reassigned) 2 of the adjusters took PTO/vacation and NOTHING got done while they were on PTO (1 week and 2 week periods of time). Its complete BS that the process stops for the customer when the claim rep goes on vacation.

I am not replacing the 2021 Badlands, I have a 2021 First Edition as well. We are looking at a GX550 for my wife. Thankfully we don't need a 3rd car. We have had 3+1 vehicles for the last few years (2 Broncos, FJ Cruiser and my work provided truck). My wife walks to work most days. My twins turn 16 next year and they will share the FJ.

Make sure your policy has an appraisal clause. Question yourself if you have Safeco/Liberty Mutual and don't settle right away. Fortunately, I didn't need the money/settlement right away. We are switching to a higher end insurance company after this is all closed out.
I'm glad it is working out.

The GX is nice. It's on my list as well.
Sponsored