First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi, been wanting to put this on, but I'm not too crazy about splicing into the tow harness. Seem like the "t" connectors wouldn't hold, and being off road every so often, they would wiggle loose? Thoughts? Also, I can't seem to find any waterproof options. If ice water get in/on them, like driving in the winter slush, would things short or not work? Theres no good way to waterproof that whole area with the splices, is there? Thanks in Advance!!! (not my pics)

Ford Bronco XK Glow 5th wheel tail wiring splicing/options 1684_source_1645205699

https://store.xkglow.com/catalog/pr...equential-turn-brake-reverse-for-jeep-bronco/

Ford Bronco XK Glow 5th wheel tail wiring splicing/options Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 10.48.01 AM

Ford Bronco XK Glow 5th wheel tail wiring splicing/options Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 10.48.52 AM
Ford Bronco XK Glow 5th wheel tail wiring splicing/options Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 10.49.27 AM
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting them wet will not short any of that out. Submerging all of them together in salt water would make a mild (probably undetectable) short.

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting them wet will rust them.
T connectors are ok, not the worst, not the best. In that situation I would use butt connectors and the heat shrink that has adhesive inside. There are also some butt connectors with the adhesive heat shrink built into them.
just make sure you size the butt connectors properly since youā€™re going from 2 wires to 1.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Makes sense. So the only way to use a butt connector is to cut the harness wires completely correct?

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Put them right where the tā€™s are so you keep your plug.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why didn't they just tie it into the wiring from the original third brake light?

crabbz510

Outer Banks
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used the supplied harness to tie into an aftermarket 4-way flat trailer plug. My Bronco did not come with the factory trailer wiring or hitch. All my additions were using the Curt 4-way flat system designed for the LED taillights.

I followed the Blanco Bronco video pretty closely. The wiring around the tailgate enclosure and then getting under the trim was key to making the entire thing hidden. I used a sturdier than supplied t-tap connector to get an input signal from the passenger side reverse circuit. I did not need to connect the blue wire to anything as my Bronco doesn't detect the aftermarket trailer harness; this harness is getting power independently from the aftermarket control box that has a direct line to the battery (with inline fusing and all that jazz).

All in all, the light has been powered on for about 2 weeks and I have not experienced any issues. The light has been attached but not wired up to power for about 6 weeks. I used double-sided tape to stick the light to the spare tire holder to make putting on the tire easier because otherwise, the light would jiggle around.

I can't speak to how waterproof my setup is, but it's been in multiple rain storms, drives on the beach, and a no-touch carwash since powering on and I've had no issues. DId it take me longer than advertised to install? Yes, but I'm also very new to all this and seriously took my time. Is it worth it? Yes - I really like the extra reverse lighting since my tint makes the stock reverse lights seem weak in the dark.
Ford Bronco XK Glow 5th wheel tail wiring splicing/options IMG_6329

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their instructions were awful. I wired to the OEM tow wiring module behind the panel on the driver side in the cargo area. Tapped into the taillight there also. Nice and clean as well as protected within the vehicle.

OP
OP

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Their instructions were awful. I wired to the OEM tow wiring module behind the panel on the driver side in the cargo area. Tapped into the taillight there also. Nice and clean as well as protected within the vehicle.
Oh, interesting, have any pics while you were doing the install? Did the provided wiring reach all the way into The side compartment?

OP
OP

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used the supplied harness to tie into an aftermarket 4-way flat trailer plug. My Bronco did not come with the factory trailer wiring or hitch. All my additions were using the Curt 4-way flat system designed for the LED taillights.

I followed the Blanco Bronco video pretty closely. The wiring around the tailgate enclosure and then getting under the trim was key to making the entire thing hidden. I used a sturdier than supplied t-tap connector to get an input signal from the passenger side reverse circuit. I did not need to connect the blue wire to anything as my Bronco doesn't detect the aftermarket trailer harness; this harness is getting power independently from the aftermarket control box that has a direct line to the battery (with inline fusing and all that jazz).

All in all, the light has been powered on for about 2 weeks and I have not experienced any issues. The light has been attached but not wired up to power for about 6 weeks. I used double-sided tape to stick the light to the spare tire holder to make putting on the tire easier because otherwise, the light would jiggle around.

I can't speak to how waterproof my setup is, but it's been in multiple rain storms, drives on the beach, and a no-touch carwash since powering on and I've had no issues. DId it take me longer than advertised to install? Yes, but I'm also very new to all this and seriously took my time. Is it worth it? Yes - I really like the extra reverse lighting since my tint makes the stock reverse lights seem weak in the dark.
Ford Bronco XK Glow 5th wheel tail wiring splicing/options IMG_3825_720

Thank you

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, interesting, have any pics while you were doing the install? Did the provided wiring reach all the way into The side compartment?
Yes. The wiring they provided reached if memory serves. If you follow their instructions to wire to the plug, the spliced are exposed to the weather (water and salt here). If you go to the tailight plug, you lose full functionality. My way, you avoid both problems.

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

OP
OP

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. The wiring they provided reached if memory serves. If you follow their instructions to wire to the plug, the spliced are exposed to the weather (water and salt here). If you go to the tailight plug, you lose full functionality. My way, you avoid both problems.

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg
Yes, I like this option better. How do you figure out which wires are which as there seems to be more there than just the hitch. Are they matching the hitch wires? Seems like the brown, orange, green, yellow, are the hitch. And the new black and white are for the reverse, off the taillight?

Oh, and what splicers are those?

Sorry Iā€™m not an electrical person, but I can follow ā€œdirectionsā€ ;)

Thanks so much!!!

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I probably used some combination of this:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ronco-equipment-installation-guide-pdf.25649/
And
The towing module install guide. Thatā€™s here somewhere but most of what you need is in my pictures.
Yellow->yellow
Green->green
Red->maroon or whatever that is.
Blue->orange

Their white wire went to the drivers side taillight reverse wire I think. Itā€™s on page 24 of the Install guide above. Green/brown probably. Iā€™m going from memory. I meant to do a write up, but I didnā€™t want to help them sell any more.

And those are Posi-Taps. I bought an assortment of them from Amazon. Canā€™t remember which size I used for this install. Looks like these are it:

Posi-Tap taps 20-22 ga. Mini.... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B381X9NB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome! Will definitely look into all. Thank you so muchā€¦

OP
OP

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why didn't they just tie it into the wiring from the original third brake light?
You dont get the turn signals or the reverse lights then.
Sponsored