Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco is the first car I have had with a touch screen.

Hate the touch screen
Hate the auto-headlights
Really, really hate the damn electric parking brake.
Took me 6 months to get used to the new keyless key, and I hate how huge the stupid fob is.

My 06 Mustang was just right wrt tech. Normal key, normal fob, no touchscreen, normal cruise.
Hate the touch screen
Bronco is also my first to "come" with TS but I had installed TS in my other vehicles I like it.

Hate the auto-headlights
I like the auto high beam

Really, really hate the damn electric parking brake.
Agree

Took me 6 months to get used to the new keyless key, and I hate how huge the stupid fob is.

Same here!, Can't tell you how many times I set the damn panic off due to being in pocket, and if you put them on the passenger seat they just slide off, they should be hanging from the steering console!
Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't read all the posts, so this may have been said...

Answer - no no no and no
I'm pretty sure you don't realize how much 'tech' is in these things. You can't just take away the infotainment system. You would also lose all the GOAT modes, you lose the seamless no lag turbos, you lose even more MPGs, you lose AWD, you lose the flex fuel, and on and on I could go.

Did you ever have to get out and lock the hubs with freezing cold hands slopping in the mud?

I'm betting no, or the question wouldn't have been asked.

The good ol' days weren't all that good.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent an entire summer of the younger part of my life restoring an old Honda motorcycle, I learned alot. I learned how to set points, valve clearances, ignition timing, carburetor synchronization, you name it.

What I also learned was, I spent nearly as much time fiddling with my toy rather than enjoying it.

Dejavu

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the electrical gremlins and update issues, Would u give up modern tech? Simpler times circa 2000-2017 If it meant no/less problems.
Edit: Everything else on your Bronco is the same, Basically just no screen..lol my charging portals were dead from day 3, and screen is sketch anyway, did recently get the charger fixed.
I would like a mix and take the best of both worlds.
I could do without;
- cameras
- sensors that keep you from hitting stuff (backing up, etc)
- lane maintaining
- adaptive cruise
- probably half of the total number of sensors and computers (sure, they help run the car....until they inevitably fail and its a goose hunt figuring out the problem and the 'puters are ridiculously expensive)
- any aspect of the truck having remote start apps, communication back to Ford
- auto high beams
- the "don't forget you have a kid in the backseat warning sensors"

But I really like some of this stuff.
- heated seats
- heated steering wheel
- A/C
- remote start
- power windows
- wireless phone connection to head unit
- head unit for displaying maps (on a side note to nostalgia, my phone died one time a few years back during an 11 hour trip. I tried to buy a map somewhere and found out that those are no longer sold lol. Made it 10 hours of the trip by memory until it got dark and I lost my landmarks)
- powered seats, but mainly the lumbar support option here
- push button start
- automatic unlock
- keypad entry

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the electrical gremlins and update issues, Would u give up modern tech? Simpler times circa 2000-2017 If it meant no/less problems.
Edit: Everything else on your Bronco is the same, Basically just no screen..lol my charging portals were dead from day 3, and screen is sketch anyway, did recently get the charger fixed.
For me, tech-related problems are fewer and farther in between than in the old, low-tech world. I remember often messing with stuff like carb adjustments, replacing a starter, radiator, etc. on an old car I had when I was a teen. On all of my modern cars, they've been exponentially more reliable. I would trade one tech problem for 10 low-tech problems, especially because I might be able to solve the tech problem myself.

Case in point: I upgraded the Sync system in our Ford Escape. It was essentially just unplugging and removing a couple of devices and plugging in the new ones. Now the car seems newer and the system supports CarPlay. That wasn't a "repair," but had it been, it would have been easy to do.

"I sure do miss having points, a cap and rotor," said no sane person ever. :LOL:

Sponsored
OP
OP
AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What this poll was : Would you like to just go out with a simple key and drive your Bronco, not have a possible frozen screen that impedes you or Updates like @SierraBronco said They had to keep reinstalling to Get the vehicle to even run correctly.
Lol maybe calling it tech is getting people triggered. I'm GenX, I don't get offended šŸ˜‰
I did wonder about a phrase other than "old times" in case that was triggering šŸ˜€

Last edited:

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a love/hate thing with some of the modern tech. I dont need a touch screen, however having gps on it is useful. I do like the push button start, as keys/tumblers will wear out over time.

Get that pre collision assist camera out of my car. I can clearly see that bmw cut me off.

Early on, some autos were quick to integrate everything into the touch screen, which is dumb. Get the hvac out of the touch screen.
One reason I love the Bronco. Hvac is still buttons and dials.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What this poll was : Would you like to just go out with a simple key and drive your Bronco, not have a possible frozen screen that impedes you or Updates like @SierraBronco said They had to keep reinstalling to Get the vehicle to even run correctly.
Lol maybe calling it tech is getting people triggered. I'm GenX, I don't get offended šŸ˜‰
I did wonder about a phrase other than "old times" in case that was triggering šŸ˜€
And to be clear-had my truck not been modified with a big honkin fuel system, Iā€™m sure it wouldā€™ve been fine. But the fact that I told it to not update and Ford decided to do it anyway was less than cool.

Alright-lunch is over. Back to modifying the Bronco. Skids unfortunately wonā€™t install themselves

Sponsored

Epiphany

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not saying we need to go back to carburetors and AM radio...
I did it on my '90 coupe (no radio though). Now I can tune it with a screw driver, a timing light, and a vacuum gauge. Very happy.

IMG_6106-X4.jpg

On a 2024 Bronco though? Nah, very happy with how well the factory has nailed things down (for the most part).

Trail

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ram 3500, Honda CRV, Charger Hellcat RE
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Itā€™s like you donā€™t remember the old times and are just nostalgic.

Make this poll fair, and talk about gas fumes in the cabin, flooded engines that wonā€™t turnover if itā€™s below 60 degrees, no A/C, window rollers breaking off, 10mpgs, tires that last 20k miles and donā€™t grip in cold weather, brakes locking up when you look at them funny, lack of airbags, rust EVERYWHEREā€¦I could go on.

nobody would argue that old cars looked better, but they were/are a chore to drive.

itā€™s a no from me dawg.
I thought this was discussing vehicles from around the year 2000? You went back to 1950, pre fuel injection, and radial tires.

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 years ago I bought an ā€˜06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I took it off road a couple of times and have found it to be a VERY capable off-road vehicle! It uses a key to start, has no screen, has locking diffs, a VERY low range 4WD, hand-crank windows, cloth seats, seats 4, and gets 15-18 mpg.

Ford Bronco Would you Revert to Old Times? IMG_5855

Last year I bought my ā€˜23 Badlands 2-dr manual. It has push-button start, 8ā€ screen, locking diffs, vinyl seats, seats 4, and gets 16-18mpg. I have not taken it off-road yet but DID go to Moab for the Off-Roadeo and LOVED IT!!!! The Bronco is also a VERY capable off-roader BUT is much refined with better on-road manners than the Wrangler has.

Ford Bronco Would you Revert to Old Times? IMG_6662

IMHO, the advantages of the Bronco are on-road handling, front seat room & support, and cool styling. The advantages of the Wrangler are part cost & availability, easy to work on, SIMPLICITY, mechanical parking brake, and proven durability.

Thereā€™s ONE area where my Wrangler excels over my Bronco and thatā€™s with the REMOVABLE REAR SEAT!!! I can have the rear seat out of my Jeep in SECONDS with NO TOOLS!!! And, because itā€™s an Unlimited, it has more room behind the front seats than the Bronco!!! Hey Ford, you guys listening? MAKE THE REAR SEATS EASILY REMOVABLE!!!

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this was discussing vehicles from around the year 2000? You went back to 1950, pre fuel injection, and radial tires.
Carburetors were around into the early 90ā€™s, and I would hardly call the early 2000ā€™s ā€œold timesā€.

Turns out this thread was more about hating Ford Sync than anything else though.
Sponsored