2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you that installed the mobridge K2, did you run thicker AWG wire to all the aftermarket speakers direct from the K2 for the significant increase in power being sent to the speakers rather than using the existing OEM wiring and convenience of plug n' play?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that installed the mobridge K2, did you run thicker AWG wire to all the aftermarket speakers direct from the K2 for the significant increase in power being sent to the speakers rather than using the existing OEM wiring and convenience of plug n' play?
I kept the OEM wires and connectors. I am not sure the power increase is enough to warrant thicker wire... although I am no expert. I am happy with the power although I wish it was a tad bit more when going full topless (and doorless) at hwy speeds.

jabrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I kept as is for plug and play. Not sure how much of a difference it would make. Sounds great as is. I did pose this question/concern for the sub as I was relocating and upgrading to a larger sub, and wanted to maintain the plug and play of the sub connection. I am comfortable that there won't be any issues with overpowering the wire, but Im unsure about any impact to the sound quality of the sub.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why would you do this? I sure the Mobridge engineered the amp with stock wiring in mind. If not, it would defeat the whole plug and play claim!

Are you overthinking it?
Sponsored