First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What in the world… Shouldn’t the Bronco have been properly tuned from the factory? They’re now selling software based “make it run well” upgrades? Does this void the warranty? Is that why it wasn’t tuned this way from the get go? Lots of questions!?!
These Bronco does come properly tuned. The ProCal tune requires premium fuel which many customers to would object. The Bronco runs perfectly well without the tune. The tune is an option for people who want more, in the same way as options and upgrades are available to order above a base model.
Sponsored

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What in the world… Shouldn’t the Bronco have been properly tuned from the factory? They’re now selling software based “make it run well” upgrades? Does this void the warranty? Is that why it wasn’t tuned this way from the get go? Lots of questions!?!
It’s already running the “well” version. This just upgrades it to the “run better” version lol

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only tune that comes with a Ford warranty 3 years 36k miles. Ford sells it Ford puts a warranty on it. Agree should have come this way from the factory but I guess then you force people to use premium fuel. You can use regular fuel but you won't get the benefits of the tune once installed.
Confirmed? You can run regular fuel and it will just run normal? Usually once tuned, lack of premium will cause the vehicle to run like trash and can in some instances cause damage. That's the one reason I haven't gotten this yet.

yokayyb

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 340i, Kawasaki zx6r
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed? You can run regular fuel and it will just run normal? Usually once tuned, lack of premium will cause the vehicle to run like trash and can in some instances cause damage. That's the one reason I haven't gotten this yet.
I agree. If it states premium only Then premium only. My bmw would pull timing retard if I run a lower octane than 93 due to my tune. But would be incline if it’s not the same case here!

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked the same question on a different thread and the answer is yes you can safely run the lower octane fuels. It's important to know because at some point we may not have a choice or a spouse driving your Bronco may inadvertently fill it with regular. I posted the link below

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/is-the-ford-performance-tune-worth-it.64551/post-1851985

Sponsored

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone that has a manual transmission should get this tune because of downshift rev matching.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just waiting for it to be available for the 23 and I will have it installed..

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You have to use premium fuel with the tune? Or can you still use regular?
It is recommended to use premium fuel as thats how you'll receive all of the benefits of the new calibration. However if you don't have access to 93 you can use a lower grade fuel. You'll just revert back to a lower timing table and not make the power the cal is rated at until the vehicle senses higher octane and the timing table adjusts back up.

Sponsored

HRSPW

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrspw.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco, 2017 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody coupled this with a JB4?
I'm running the VR tuned with the ProCal tune and the JMS PedalMax Terrain and TurboSmart, I will be hitting the dyno this coming Saturday.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This tune is illegal in California though.
It just hasn't been certified for '23 model year Broncos yet. Prior years were certified by CARB. Illegal implies CARB banned it. Technically it's not legal until it's certified, but people reading this should understand it's essentially a formality as Ford developed this tune to be 50-state legal.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same opinions as you after installing it. Initially, the shifts were much better, but now that it’s been on there a while, I almost feel like they reverted to the clunky and jumpy shifting. I think maybe I should unhook my battery for a while and make it re-learn it all.
Curious it got worse, suggests maybe the learning algorithm isn't so good. My old 02 explorer always shifts better when I pull the battery before it learns. My driving style, and/or bad learning algorithm seems to result in its shifting getting annoying over time. When I've had some work done shop says "it may shift hard for a few days till it re-learns" but inevitably it shifts smooth till it learns.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious it got worse, suggests maybe the learning algorithm isn't so good. My old 02 explorer always shifts better when I pull the battery before it learns. My driving style, and/or bad learning algorithm seems to result in its shifting getting annoying over time. When I've had some work done shop says "it may shift hard for a few days till it re-learns" but inevitably it shifts smooth till it learns.
Yep. I think I may try the “master reset” of pulling battery cable for a bit.
Sponsored