JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

CA too, fast is slow and slow is fast 🤷‍♂️.

Helps with anticipating some dumb ass drivers rolling stop signs or bursting past a light, freeway wise im usually 70-75 but during traffic hours its to anticipate some mouth breather squeezing in between in front of you.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive mine like I stole it

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck, I don’t care how slow anyone goes…… if you get in that right lane. It seems to be an anything with tires problem. People with big trucks love to sit in the left lane blocking traffic. People coming back from WV drive me crazy pulling their SxSs. I hope they do t clog up the trails like they do the roads.

trickewon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Must be a CA thing. Gas is probably $2 a gallon cheaper here so…. The only vehicles I notice consistently slower here are 2dr Jeeps and Prius’s. Jeeps trying to stay between the ditches and Prius owners….being… not drivers. We also have logical speed limits ranging from 70-75 on 2-lane state roads to 85 on some toll roads so not too many people going much over that.

Sponsored

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lol. Funny you should ask. I have noticed I drive considerably slower in my Bronco. I’ve always been a bit of a lead foot. Always in a hurry to get somewhere. I’ve got a pile of speeding tickets over the years to prove it. But either I’ve crossed some invisible line into old age, or there’s just something pleasant about putting along in my Bronco. It’s kind of my happy place, and when I drive it, I don’t really care to hurry. That and my gas mileage is notably improved if I stay at or a little above the speed limit.
Agree with all. I rushed everyday until I retired. I take the long road; I putter along (usually at the speed limit- had my history of speeding in my Shelby); I enjoy every moment with my Bronco - driving, washing/waxing/ primping.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I drive slower in my Bronco because, well, it's a Bronco. Not sure why you would need to be out zooming around in a tall SUV that is, while very streetable, really designed for much more extreme off-roading.

If I want to zoom around and have fun on the street, I drive my 911 - or what is meant to be driven that way.

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm used to a 30 year old 4Runner, so this thing is a rocket ship. "Don't do 5 over in the left lane, some of us want to speed for real."
I drove 4Runners for 20 years with the clunky 5speed and normally aspirated engine. We are always above 5K feet elevation, and often above 10K for skiing and off roading. The BRONCO is indeed a “rocket” compared to the 4Runner in this environment, and a pleasure to drive: acceleration, power available at high elevation, smooth transmission.

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drive slow because in South Carolina there's a ton of police always out on patrol. I've never seen so many police in one town. At least the crime is minimal 😁

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No reply to his own thread lame as* trolling 😒

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Why do Bronco owners drive so slow? IMG_1326
So you're a "speed devil" who has lights that make everyone just get outta your way, demanding that they (whoever they are) need to teach people to drive? You live in NJ, so your attitude seems appropriate and pretty arrogant.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If your commute has such a stretch you can average 20mph over the next slowest guy
Your math is good, but your assumption of the slowest going only 65, yes some do... or your experience where you live is way different from some of our states. Where I live 85% or more are going 75-85 mph in a 65 MPH zone.

A lot of the people going 65 are nervous drivers who think "everyone's else is driving too fast!" I lived with a women who was such a driver and she was so bad at freeway driving, she would leave for work an hour early to go 20 miles on side streets to avoid the freeway.

I live in a 19K population retirement community and some drive too fast for their age and abilities, but others think going too slow is safer, which it's not, it just pisses off everyone else. I'm talking about people who drive 10-15 MPH slower on a posted 25 MPH, that doubles the time to go just 2 miles. 2 miles at 30 mph takes 4 mins, at half speed it takes 8 mins and that's frustrating when it's someone driving slow because they can't see over the steering wheel.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny enough every ad below the op post shows a junkyard lol