Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this has been talked about several times before but I had a discussion with one of the guys at TC Customs today that made me question it. What lift is needed to run 37s on the Sas wheels with Sas suspension? Let’s just assume KO2s for the sake of argument because I know different brands of 37s are different sizes. I have seen some on here say they are running 37s with just a leveling kit, but TC Customs says you need at least 2-3 inches of lift.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah looks like both of them have a leveling kit, but they also talk about some chopping they had to do. So I guess the real answer is “no not without some chopping/trimming.” Thanks for the video!

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I find it funny when lots of the members here make their claims of running 37’s on a spacer, or no lift, and no rubbing. I will tell you that my 37’s still rub at full stuff and I’ve got the Baja kits long travel, 4-6” lift, Radflo extended travel coils as well as the DV8 fender liners. I mean mine doesn’t rub either if I’m driving to the convenient store but if you actually use it then you will need more than most claim. I’m installing advanced fiberglass 5” fenders next month and hopefully that will prevent the last bit of rubbing at full stuff.

Sponsored

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know this has been talked about several times before but I had a discussion with one of the guys at TC Customs today that made me question it. What lift is needed to run 37s on the Sas wheels with Sas suspension? Let’s just assume KO2s for the sake of argument because I know different brands of 37s are different sizes. I have seen some on here say they are running 37s with just a leveling kit, but TC Customs says you need at least 2-3 inches of lift.
Theres a guy on here with a 2 inch basic rc lift on top of the sas and runs 37s

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm running 37 Trail Grapplers with a 2.5 RC lift (just spacers).
Stock SAS wheels. No rub under normal conditions.

Below is lift with 35s and lift with 37s.
I love it.

Ford Bronco What lift needed for 37” tires on Sas ? 2.5 lift with 35s

Ford Bronco What lift needed for 37” tires on Sas ? 0307230711_HDR~3

Ford Bronco What lift needed for 37” tires on Sas ? 0306231719_HDR~2

Last edited:

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I Have the eibach pro lift springs on the stock sas Struts. I am running 37” KO2s with a 0 offset wheel. There is slight rubbing in reverse on the front crash bar at full lock. Stock wheels would rub even sooner there without a spacer. I would also assume that under hard wheeling you may rub the rear crash bar mount and/or the rear fender liner. In these pictures the wheel is turned to be at the closest spot to the front mud flap. I have already removed the plastic piece behind the fender liner for a bit more clearance. As far as the rears you can see they stuff in there just fine.
I see no shot of not rubbing with any 37 unless you either never wheel or turn to full lock. I have ordered the max tire clearance kit and once that goes on I’m confident that I will be fine then.
yes I know my spare doesn’t match. Still waiting on a wheel but wanted to get it out and see how the fitment was.

E63F8C5D-D9BF-45F4-90D2-3C4E4E3F7866.jpeg

99A46DDC-B85B-4DE7-81CC-7457C306C9B6.jpeg

81CE5460-E188-4BC3-80FA-A556BF74F35E.jpeg

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

37 STT PROs on 8.5 0mm offset. The lift is a 3 inch Icon spacer lift. As you can see it uses every available inch.

YouCut_20220717_223709168_exported_23599.jpg

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By all accounts 2.5" lift w/ "0" offset wheel most have a slight rub up front at full stuff/full lock w/ 12.5" wide tires. I'm going with Eibach stage II coil overs shooting for 2.5" lift up front w/ Icon tubular UCAs and NItto Recon Grapplers in 37" x 11.5" on +12mm offset Blackhorn wheel. I'm thinking the 11.5" tire width will lessen the chance of rub at full stuff...time will tell.

Sponsored

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say a leveling kit, JKS max tire kit, & 1" wheel spacers to run 37's with minimal rubbing. I have a RC leveling kit & 1.5 perch collars in the front. 1.5 top hat spacer in the rear. 1" body lift, 1"wheel spacers, & JKS max tire kit on 38.5x13.50 Boggers.

MTC

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say a leveling kit, JKS max tire kit, & 1" wheel spacers to run 37's with minimal rubbing. I have a RC leveling kit & 1.5 perch collars in the front. 1.5 top hat spacer in the rear. 1" body lift, 1"wheel spacers, & JKS max tire kit on 38.5x13.50 Boggers.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah looks like both of them have a leveling kit, but they also talk about some chopping they had to do. So I guess the real answer is “no not without some chopping/trimming.” Thanks for the video!
Heyyyy @swooshdave thanks for the share!
As far as to the OP, we learned a lot from this video and a few other things done since. I like to share my Bronco experience on video as I like to learn through visualizing and I hope my experience helps others. The Bronco build is far from done and I have a few more videos regarding 37’s coming out soon. My lift is going on next week and I’ll do a video on how much that helps. I’ll then have a follow up video after I get some seat time on the out of the box lift kit on what tweaks need to be done to properly cycle the 37’s. I also have a video coming end of April/beginning of May doing a side by side comparison of Icon, King and Radflo on 37’s and how they perform off-road and on. Hope this stuff will answer any questions people have and cover most of the different opinions on fitting 37’s. By the end of the build (finished in the next two months). I’ll hopefully have 37’s properly cycling without any rub and performing well in the dunes and on the Rubicon. I’ll be doing extensive testing there since it’s my backyard as well as Moab this year at Bronco Safari.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs