• Kicker Amp install kit
  • ATM fuse tap for 500.1 remote wire
  • Kicker 8" COMP subwoofer
Cut OEM box for larger sub
Kilmatted cargo and sub area
Tuned both amps
Installed Mabett wireless charger
Installed Mabett 4DR footwell light kit into a 2DR
Disassembled Mabett wiper motor cover light to try and install physical switch instead of touch.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Def didn't expect the IAG dash hub install to be as involved as it was but knocked it out last night. It wasn't bad but the first time I attempted it the hero switch panel fought me on coming out and I had to abandon the project.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  53817385311_b07b7520bb_4k
Untitled by MJH Creations, on Flickr
53817715719_05cffc62e5_4k.jpg
Untitled by MJH Creations, on Flickr

Now my inreach is always topped off and easily accessible.

Sponsored

Daveh370

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took a gamble and bought the Yzona winch plate from Amazon. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and fit/finish. Had to spend some quality time with my Dremel took to get the plastic covers to fit. All in all, I’m happy with the outcome.

Now, I need to get a winch.

IMG_3485.jpeg

IMG_3484.jpeg

IMG_3487.jpeg

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3486.jpeg

IMG_3489.jpeg

IMG_3494.jpeg

IMG_3492.jpeg

IMG_3491.jpeg

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finished my overlanding build and first shake-down camping trip with my trailer. Esmeralda and Quasimodo. FSR Aspen Lite RTT on the Bronco ($2,500, 100-110lbs on OEM rack). Carry-On 4'x5' utility trailer (just over $800) for camping gear and OVS TMBK RTT ($1,100, 110lbs). Total weight about 6,280 at a CAT scale. Trailer came in at about 1,000lbs fully loaded with camping gear. Tows great, no trailer brakes, distribute the weight properly and all should be good.

fsr1.jpg

trailer1.jpg

campa.jpg

Bronco is about 2" too tall for my garage at about 83". I built the trailer to sneak in below that. Replaced 12" wheels/tires and fenders with 15" radials, new fenders. Relocated the side marker lights to the fenders. Covered the wiring in conduit.

1/2" plywood box with 2'x2' frame, 1/2" plywood lid. Painted box with truck bed liner, sealed inside with Thompsons Water seal. Added tie-down brackets inside. The cargo basket used to be on top of my Bronco, perfect for the trailer. 1-5/8" strut channel frame to hold the tent up. Added corner stabilizing jacks and tongue jack. Bronco rear door swings out clear of jack and trailer. Total invested in the trailer project with RTT about $3,000. Everything is bolted on, no welding. Lot of grinding and drilling. Can pretty much manipulate it around by myself.

campb.jpg

Couldn't pass up the deal on the Bluetti AC180 and two solar panels for about $900. Setpower fridge/freezer 35qt, under $300.

setpower1.jpg

Gas struts are necessary to help open the lid.

campc.jpg

Shake-down local camping trip to make sure all is well, before our cross country next week. Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, Arizona and back.

camp7.jpg

Pretty much room for one person, or a cozy two. I'm 5'8" and fit perfect end to end. 6' person would be max.

camp8.jpg

Just barely 5'8" up to the bottom of the TMBK. I'll need to get some sort of awning for the Bronco.

camp5.jpg

Should fit two comfortably.

camp6.jpg

Motion detection lights on four corners.

camp1.jpg

'Merica!

camp2.jpg

Camped first night on the Bronco in the FSR Aspen Lite. Built-in led lighting, need to supply the usb power. Self inflating air/foam mattress was comfortable. Rained most of the evening and night, so it felt damp and humid inside the tent. Gets pretty dark all closed up. Shoe bag has mesh on three sides, so my shoes were soaked from the rain. Closing it up, can't fit much for bedding, maybe sheet and blanket, unless you really press the air out and compress the mattress.

Camped second night in the OVS TMBK tent, no rain. Has about a 3" memory foam mattress, could be thicker. Hips and shoulders felt it in the morning. Added a 1/4" anti-condensation mat. Added a strip of stick-on LED lights inside. More than enough room for one person, should be comfortable for two.

Couple of tweeks and should be ready for cross-country. MN - ND - MT - WY - UT - AZ. No planned route for the trip back yet.

Edit: Element fire stick, tucks into the drivers side for quick access.
IMG_4650.jpg
Update on the cross country trip and how the DIY camping trailer and gear held up. Trip covered abut 4100 miles. Trailer held up like a champ, no sway, nothing fell apart, kind of bouncy over big bumps. I kept my speed about 72 at the most on the freeways. MPG dropped to about 17mpg (compared to about 21mpg without the trailer and elevation changes). Set-up and take-down of the RTT on the Bronco was fairly quick and easy by myself. The trailer RTT takes a bit longer to take-down. Went quick with 3 people.

First day headed West from MN to Theodore Roosevelt NP in ND, solo. Camped first night. Views of Painted Canyon. Hiked around a little, didn't see any real wildlife until I left the next morning.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~TR2

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~TR1

Day two headed across MT to Bozeman, my kids flew in and met them there, rented a suv.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~MT1

Second night camped at Rainbow Point Campground a few miles north of West Yellowstone. Some bison and calves hustling along side the road. Nice having the extra vehicle to explore and leave camp all set up.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~RBT1

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~RBT2

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_4910

Spent day three exploring the Old Faithful section of the Yellowstone loop.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~Yell1

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~Bison1

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~GP1

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_4912

Day four packed up camp and headed East across Yellowstone to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Hiked the Artist Point trail, snapped some pics of the water falls.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~GCY2

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~GCY1

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~Elk

Fourth night camped at Flagg Ranch Campground (RV Park), just north of Grand Teton NP. Would have preferred actually camping in the parks, if I would have planned further in advance. Reports of a black bear in camp but did not see any. The only bear we saw was about 300 yards away (from the road just north of GTNP, either grizzly or brown. Couldn't get any good pics.

Fifth day explored GTNP, hiked trails behind Jenny Lake, total about 7 miles. Cascade Canyon trail through the valley between Mount Saint John and Grand Teton. This was a killer for me, lots of hiking "up", of course didn't bring enough water. Did see moose across the valley.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~GT2

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~GT1

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~CascadeTrail

Day six packed up camp, kids went down to Colter Bay to kayak on Jackson lake. This is where our trip together ended. They headed back up through Yellowstone to Bozeman to fly back to MN. I headed south through UT to AZ, get my mom and head back to MN.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~kayak

Snake River WY.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~SnakeRiver

Trip back wasn't as exciting but still fun. Camped in southern UT, WY, NE. Made it home back to MN, total 12 days on the road. Next year kids want to do Yosemite!

Some scenery on the AZ/UT border.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~AZ2

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~AZ1

Last edited:

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update on the cross country trip and how the DIY camping trailer and gear held up. Trip covered abut 4100 miles. Trailer held up like a champ, no sway, nothing fell apart, kind of bouncy over big bumps. I kept my speed about 72 at the most on the freeways. MPG dropped to about 17mpg (compared to about 21mpg without the trailer and elevation changes). Set-up and take-down of the RTT on the Bronco was fairly quick and easy by myself. The trailer RTT takes a bit longer to take-down. Went quick with 3 people.

First day headed West from MN to Theodore Roosevelt NP in ND, solo. Camped first night. Views of Painted Canyon. Hiked around a little, didn't see any real wildlife until I left the next morning.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  ~AZ1

Day two headed across MT to Bozeman, my kids flew in and met them there, rented a suv.

Second night camped at Rainbow Point Campground a few miles north of West Yellowstone. Some bison and calves hustling along side the road. Nice having the extra vehicle to explore and leave camp all set up.

Spent day three exploring the Old Faithful section of the Yellowstone loop.

Day four packed up camp and headed East across Yellowstone to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Hiked the Artist Point trail, snapped some pics of the water falls.

Fourth night camped at Flagg Ranch Campground (RV Park), just north of Grand Teton NP. Would have preferred actually camping in the parks, if I would have planned further in advance. Reports of a black bear in camp but did not see any. The only bear we saw was about 300 yards away (from the road just north of GTNP, either grizzly or brown. Couldn't get any good pics.

Fifth day explored GTNP, hiked trails behind Jenny Lake, total about 7 miles. Cascade Canyon trail through the valley between Mount Saint John and Grand Teton. This was a killer for me, lots of hiking "up", of course didn't bring enough water. Did see moose across the valley.

Day six packed up camp, kids went down to Colter Bay to kayak on Jackson lake. This is where our trip together ended. They headed back up through Yellowstone to Bozeman to fly back to MN. I headed south through UT to AZ, get my mom and head back to MN.

Snake River WY.

Trip back wasn't as exciting but still fun. Camped in southern UT, WY, NE. Made it home back to MN, total 12 days on the road. Next year kids want to do Yosemite!

Some scenery on the AZ/UT border.

You didn't stop and say hello? I'm 30 minutes north of Yellowstone.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn't stop and say hello? I'm 30 minutes north of Yellowstone.
Dang, If I'd known. Probably went right by you. Will probably be back through, so much to see and do there.