First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Executed my first recovery with the winch yesterday. Was trying to ride the landscape timbers with the Kubota to keep from getting the weed trimmer out and tire slipped and ended up turtled on the timbers. 1200lb Kubota was more than I could manhandle so had to adapt improvise and overcome :)

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Winchin
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  recovery
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Aside from the normal Bronco issues this is the most annoying. Even when all the screens went dead this is more annoying. I am bringing it back for service on Wednesday but it sounds like a pickup with a broken frame and the bed is shacking all over the place just driving on hardball.
I want to clarify this, it is not as violent as a pickup with a broken frame but it is as constant. Meaning no matter how small of a road imperfection I drive over I hear the passenger side trunk area just rattling/hitting itself on something. It is maddeningly annoying. But it is going back into service tomorrow. I am not taking it back till they fix it, it is that awful.

Sponsored

Base

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ticked over 19,000 miles and the trunk area rattle sounds like 19,000,000 miles. ugh
[/QUOTE
If you have a hardtop see if the rattle is coming from where the window molding meets the inside tailgate when closed. Just lift the window and close the tailgate and drive around and see if it goes away. Lube the seal if needed. Should fix if that's what you're hearing. Mine did this too, drove me crazy.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you have a hardtop see if the rattle is coming from where the window molding meets the inside tailgate when closed. Just lift the window and close the tailgate and drive around and see if it goes away. Lube the seal if needed. Should fix if that's what you're hearing. Mine did this too, drove me crazy.
Thankfully no hard top for me!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure you have checked the jack storage area to make sure it hasn't worked loose.
The inner panel for the right rear pops off pretty easily you might check behind there as well.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, β€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was a thread way back when someone found one of their soft top hinges had worn enough that it had side slop and rattled. One of the joints that has the big rivets. I recommend a dolly and hammer.
Try putting a bungee across your top mechanisms or putting the top down and see if the rattle goes away.
Definitely hard to diagnose without hearing.

Sponsored

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Not today but updating my last few upgrades. I added the Black Bronco badge and passenger side rear tow/recovery hook, black Ford oval, bug deflector/ Mountains2Metal Squatch basket/door pockets/lockable medicine cabinet/rear roll bar MOLLE/and their new attic tray, Rockworkx bolts and now working on some additional lighting upgrades.

IMG_4982.jpeg

IMG_5262.jpeg

IMG_5022.jpeg

IMG_5021.jpeg

IMG_5085.jpeg

IMG_5244.jpeg

IMG_5081.jpeg

IMG_5083.jpeg

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not today but updating my last few upgrades. I added the Black Bronco badge and passenger side rear tow/recovery hook, black Ford oval, bug deflector/ Mountains2Metal Squatch basket/door pockets/lockable medicine cabinet/rear roll bar MOLLE/and their new attic tray, Rockworkx bolts and now working on some additional lighting upgrades.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_5083

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_5083

I've been eyeing that attic tray, how do you like it ? Seems like it tucks up there pretty well. Lose any visibility from the rearview mirror ? How do you think it will work if running topless, think it will need some netting or something over it ?

Thanks

lethalchristy

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition, 2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Expanding on @Footer's questions... what's the access like with the top on? I see it flips down, is it easy? Been eyeing the Pura Vida one but the flip down is nice.

Although I do like the option of the recovery board mounting on the Pura ones.

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I've been eyeing that attic tray, how do you like it ? Seems like it tucks up there pretty well. Lose any visibility from the rearview mirror ? How do you think it will work if running topless, think it will need some netting or something over it ?

Thanks
It tucks up completely out of the way of your line of site. I absolutely love it, I have gear ties that I’ll use when topless to secure items. It still works with the top lift pro. Just fold the tray down and the lift slides right in. Next time I take the top off I’ll post an updated picture showing how it looks. It is one of my favorite pieces from them hands down.

IMG_5264.jpeg
Sponsored