First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Re-installed the Mabett Lighted Trail Sight lights that my Ford service tech removed (without my permission) to diagnose a bad battery. Then installed the IAG 5-light bumper indicator lights. They come on white with the headlights, then flash sequential amber with the turn signals. I was able to daisy-chain the headlight connectors, then run a power line to an add-a-fuse on the fuse box so they would work when the headlights are off. (The flashing headlights are an artifact of the video - they don't actually flash.) Per a separate post, I've installed the Mabett fuse box cover, which protects the wires coming out of the fuse box.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240427_170250_resized
Sponsored

bluevegas

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out for a after dinner Cruz with the family.
And a dog day ride.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240427_170250_resized

Love the Akita's (and the Bronco)! Have a 7yr old female named Junko, unfortunately no trips for us for a little while as she just had TPLO (knee) surgery last Wednesday.

Muddog899

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the Akita's (and the Bronco)! Have a 7yr old female named Junko, unfortunately no trips for us for a little while as she just had TPLO (knee) surgery last Wednesday.
My family loves akitas we have 3 american and one Japanese akita, some of the best dogs around.

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted to get out to Hay Flat, near Rifle, CO, but that trail system is still closed. Instead, I just did a quick run over Hogback Ridge and tried out my new camera.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Base

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240505_000704235
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240505_000704235

First time in the new RTT. It did well even with a heavy rainstorm. I am a little too tall though for the tent.
Great looking setup, been looking at the same RTT or the Carbon fiber one coming soon. Im curious how much more wind noise you are getting after the install. Im running the same roof rack so was curious. Thanks!

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great looking setup, been looking at the same RTT or the Carbon fiber one coming soon. Im curious how much more wind noise you are getting after the install. Im running the same roof rack so was curious. Thanks!
It actually cut down on the annoyance level of the noise, but the rack plus the RTT added about 3 db.

I'm around 86-89 db at 80 mph. Pretty loud IMO.

With that said, I'm happy with the change in the sound. Before you could hear noise screaming in by your head through the hardtop seals. Now that is gone.

Last edited:

Base

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It actually cut down on the annoyance level of the noise, but the rack plus the RTT added about 3 db.

I'm around 86-89 db at 80 mph. Pretty loud IMO.

With that said, I'm happy with the change in the sound. Before you could hear noise screaming in by your head through the hardtop seals. Now that is gone.
Thank you for your feedback. Great price point and light. Good to hear it's not much worse. I actually felt my wind noise didn't change much after installing the rack. But before installing I did take apart some interior panels around the t tops and adjusted the mounts to fit better than Ford did. That eliminated a lot for me.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for your feedback. Great price point and light. Good to hear it's not much worse. I actually felt my wind noise didn't change much after installing the rack. But before installing I did take apart some interior panels around the t tops and adjusted the mounts to fit better than Ford did. That eliminated a lot for me.
I wanted to adjust mine, mess with additional weather stripping, etc.

But then I thought, what if I make it worse? πŸ˜…

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, β€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally got a chance to actually connect my lights to the aux switches. Anyone who ordered their Bronco without AUX switches…. What were you thinking????
IMG_0563.jpeg

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed Desert Does It Seat Jackers in an attempt to make the drivers seat more comfortable. I was skeptical that raising the front of the seat 3/8 inch would make much difference, but WOW. Initial impression is very good, much more comfort. Will need more time in the pilot seat to fully evaluate, but so far these are the ticket.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, β€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installed Desert Does It Seat Jackers in an attempt to make the drivers seat more comfortable. I was skeptical that raising the front of the seat 3/8 inch would make much difference, but WOW. Initial impression is very good, much more comfort. Will need more time in the pilot seat to fully evaluate, but so far these are the ticket.
Awesome. Here’s a question… wouldn’t some stacked large-OD flat-washers and longer bolts work just as well?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mods/ Accessories that were worthless:

PXL_20240506_142504932.jpg

Buckle Up Offroad Key Fob Cover/ Protector.

Severely limits range of key fob. No longer detected in my pocket to start or unlock doors. Because of this, my shift lock engaged and I could not shift out of park. In the middle of the woods. Very concerning. I did not have a small enough allen key with me to remove it from the fob either.

Desert Does It Seat Jackers:

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240506_144930057

To each their own or YRMV... At 6'2" 200 lbs I found these to put painful pressure on my hamstrings. I removed them.
Sponsored

Last edited: