Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because the owner initiated button sequence to enable Brake Maintenance Mode does not work on 2.3L/MT builds, I had to take it in for rear brake pads. Techs using FDRS is the only way to service the brakes, WTF.
Hopefully this gets fixed, nobody's touching my shite except me!

@flip you got anything for us manual transmissions folks or is there another way?
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exploring Queen Canyon in Kofa Wilderness in Arizona.

IMG_8988.jpeg

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered, thanks for sharing.

The fact that Ford didn't limit the tailgate more is wild.
I can't understand the exquisite prices for these devices. Today I did a DYI with some left over angle brackets that took 5 mins and cost me $0. Anyone with basic mechanical skills can make one for around $10

Just buy 3 ft of 1x1x1/8 aluminum angle from your local store, will set you back around $12. Cut a 13.5 inch section, drill as necessary, mount and call it a day. Less than 30 mins start to finish

Requires one M8-1.25x16mm bolt, one M8-1.25 flange nut, and two M8 washers. My leftover bracket has holes every 1 inch. It is longer than necessary but I did not want cut it because I did not want the hassle of painting it.

And if you insist.on prefab this is the cheapest option I am aware of. The M2M one is just ludicrously priced.
https://www.warhorseoffroad.com/shop/p/bronco-6g-multi-point-swing-gate-mount-coming-soon

STP8_20240501_173014904.jpg

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully this gets fixed, nobody's touching my shite except me!

@flip you got anything for us manual transmissions folks or is there another way?
Nothing specific in the WSM for the MT, just the general procedure.

Brake Service Mode Activation and Deactivation
Activation
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
WARNING: Service actions on vehicles equipped with electronic parking brakes may cause unexpected parking brake application, which could result in injury to hands or fingers. Put the electronic parking brake system into service mode prior to servicing or removing rear brake components. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.
WARNING: Service actions on vehicles equipped with electronic brake booster without activating the brake system service mode may result in unexpected hydraulic brake application or a false leak detection DTC. This will significantly reduce the performance of the brake system. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.
NOTE:
Brake service mode is also known as brake maintenance mode.
NOTE: Prior to carrying out the brake service mode activation steps below, clear all EPB and EBB related DTCs.
NOTE: Carry out the following service mode activation procedure to deactivate the EPB and EBB systems.
NOTE: This mode is required to deactivate the brake boost and allow the entire brake system to bleed manually.
NOTE: This mode will cause all the associated brake warning indicators and text messages to appear.
  1. Set the ignition to ON.
  1. Press the brake pedal and release the EPB .
  1. Release the brake pedal.
  1. Press and hold the accelerator pedal and place the EPB switch to the RELEASE (downward) position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and EPB switch.
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then release the accelerator pedal and EPB switch.
    • NOTE: The brake system will be deactivated, preventing brake application until service has been completed and service mode has been deactivated. The yellow EPB indicator will be illuminated and Maintenance Mode will display on the message center.
    • NOTE: When replacing brake pads in service mode, the brake caliper piston must be compressed into the caliper housing. The brake caliper piston does not have to be rotated while compressing the piston.
Deactivation
NOTICE: The brake system performance will be significantly reduced when the brake system is put in service mode.
NOTE:
Carry out the following Brake Maintenance Mode deactivation procedure to activate the EBB and EPB systems.
  1. Press and hold the accelerator pedal.
  1. Place the EPB switch in the apply (upward) position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. Firmly press the brake pedal for at least 1 second. Release the brake pedal while continuing to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds, then release the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
    • NOTE: Once the ignition is set to ON, the EPB system will immediately apply and release the parking brake to guarantee sufficient air gap between the rear brake pads and brake disc. If the EPB switch is not released prior to completion of this sequence, it will apply the EPB . The EPB will have to released prior to moving the vehicle.
    • NOTE: When Brake Maintenance Mode is deactivated, the Yellow Parking Brake and Red Brake Warning Indicators turn off and "Brake Maintenance Mode" no longer displays in the message center.

Broncobsessed

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, that is a ballsy move on a $70K vehicle, but it paid off! That exterior looks very cool, Mad Max style. Very unique look. Bravo.
Thank you so much! It was a bit "cringy" to take 320 grit sandpaper and a piece of scotch-brie to her, but I'm happy how it came out

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mikey1287 what hole did you fill it up to? Do you know the difference between the two?
The Double NPT setup allows you to add an external diff cooler for racing applications.

Two Qts, or fill to the lower hole

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Double NPT setup allows you to add an external diff cooler for racing applications.

Two Qts, or fill to the lower hole
2 qts are to upper hole

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 qts are to upper hole
It seems that not all vendors supply a true quart in their packaging. In the Change Your Driveline Fluids thread, some have used the squeeze pouches and had to use 2 whole pouches and a bit more from a third.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing specific in the WSM for the MT, just the general procedure.

Brake Service Mode Activation and Deactivation
Activation
WARNING: Service actions on vehicles equipped with electronic parking brakes may cause unexpected parking brake application, which could result in injury to hands or fingers. Put the electronic parking brake system into service mode prior to servicing or removing rear brake components. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.
WARNING: Service actions on vehicles equipped with electronic brake booster without activating the brake system service mode may result in unexpected hydraulic brake application or a false leak detection DTC. This will significantly reduce the performance of the brake system. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.
NOTE:
Brake service mode is also known as brake maintenance mode.
NOTE: Prior to carrying out the brake service mode activation steps below, clear all EPB and EBB related DTCs.
NOTE: Carry out the following service mode activation procedure to deactivate the EPB and EBB systems.
NOTE: This mode is required to deactivate the brake boost and allow the entire brake system to bleed manually.
NOTE: This mode will cause all the associated brake warning indicators and text messages to appear.
  1. Press the brake pedal and release the EPB .
  1. Release the brake pedal.
  1. Press and hold the accelerator pedal and place the EPB switch to the RELEASE (downward) position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and EPB switch.
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then release the accelerator pedal and EPB switch.
    • NOTE: The brake system will be deactivated, preventing brake application until service has been completed and service mode has been deactivated. The yellow EPB indicator will be illuminated and Maintenance Mode will display on the message center.
    • NOTE: When replacing brake pads in service mode, the brake caliper piston must be compressed into the caliper housing. The brake caliper piston does not have to be rotated while compressing the piston.
Deactivation
NOTICE: The brake system performance will be significantly reduced when the brake system is put in service mode.
NOTE:
Carry out the following Brake Maintenance Mode deactivation procedure to activate the EBB and EPB systems.
  1. Press and hold the accelerator pedal.
  1. Place the EPB switch in the apply (upward) position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. Firmly press the brake pedal for at least 1 second. Release the brake pedal while continuing to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
  1. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds, then release the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
    • NOTE: Once the ignition is set to ON, the EPB system will immediately apply and release the parking brake to guarantee sufficient air gap between the rear brake pads and brake disc. If the EPB switch is not released prior to completion of this sequence, it will apply the EPB . The EPB will have to released prior to moving the vehicle.
    • NOTE: When Brake Maintenance Mode is deactivated, the Yellow Parking Brake and Red Brake Warning Indicators turn off and "Brake Maintenance Mode" no longer displays in the message center.
@Boreal
Just did this and it worked on my manual transmissions Bronco!

Thanks @flip

Last edited:

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the specs are around 1.9 quarts or 63.6 fluid ounces.
I used the squeeze pouches and it seems to be fine.
Plan on changing it every 25k

It seems that not all vendors supply a true quart in their packaging. In the Change Your Driveline Fluids thread, some have used the squeeze pouches and had to use 2 whole pouches and a bit more from a third.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 qts are to upper hole
Real world results must vary compared to the supplied instructions… I haven’t installed mine yet, to be clear

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 IMG_9336

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Boreal
Just did this and it worked on my manual transmissions Bronco!

Thanks @flip
No Way! What’s your MY?

Which direction were you facing? What’s the moon phase? Mercury, retrograde? Because I fucked around for over an hour trying this sequence time and time again… to no luck (same as a few others have reported)

Im glad you figured it out… I wonder, did you have any trouble and did you start with the EPB engaged?
Sponsored