M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Do you recall if there's a non-lit version? I realize these could be installed without wiring them up, but ideally I'd like a handle that folds up like this and no light built in.

Thanks!
Sorry, they don't offer that type of grab handle without the light. These are really sturdy design though, so you are actually getting two features for the price of one. Yes, You can always decide not to wire them up.
They do offer a version without the lights. I would have gone with these had they been available when I was looking for handles...

https://a.co/d/5sYwD0J
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did a quick 4hr down and back to pick up some takeoff rock rails from a guy on FB marketplace.

Before:
1000001743.jpg

After:
1000001783.jpg

Super nice guy, he even included the instruction booklet that came with the steps he replaced these with to give me an idea of the mounting location.

The price of $175 made me jump, even with the drive.
Living in Northern Michigan means that most of the good marketplace listing are either in Metro Detroit or Wisconsin.

Anyway, these rock rails are in brand new condition and do a great job of cleaning up the hideous pinch weld and giving some piece of mind on the seasonal trails.

Sidenote: does anybody know of a rear bumper that closely matches the modular front bumper. The plastic one doesn't do it for me.πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Some folks think the RC Tubular is a close match for the modular. IDK I liked it so much I got a matching front from Black Horse.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240101_125325
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20231228_155805

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000003866
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000003863
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000003861

Put together the TrailRax rack. I did overhead press today at the gym so will wait till tomorrow or Friday to take the roof off to install the Pax Rack.

Then used the stickerfab vinyl on the grab handles. It's ok... not sure how well the adhesion will hold up. I did use their primer pen. Then I realized I forgot to get vinyl for the knee grab handle. The air vents I can live with, but the blue crap with the roast interior is AWFUL.

Then I installed the Mabett wireless charger.

Last edited:

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some folks think the RC Tubular is a close match for the modular. IDK I liked it so much I got a matching front from Black Horse.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000003861
That is definitely the closest I've seen yet.

I like the narrower width on those, I bet it would match up with the kbd flares perfectly.

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not in the Bronco (yet), but I finished up my portable power station build last night. Still need to do some calibration, then I'll put it through it's paces. It's been a fun little project and it turned out much better than I expected. Planning on using this for camping and eventually running a fridge in the back of the Bronco.

Full build details here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/portable-power-station-diy-build.92428/

Some quick specs:
  • 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 battery
  • 15A solar MPPT charger
  • Battery monitor with color LCD screen
  • Temperature-controlled cooling fan
  • Single power button battery disconnect
  • 2x 20W USB-C ports
  • 1x 18W USB-A port
  • 1x 300W 12V cigarette lighter port
  • 2x 30A Anderson Powerpole ports (input/output)
  • 2x 50A Anderson plug ports (input/output)
  • 1x 30A Anderson Powerpole solar input
It may be a little overkill for my current needs, but this should last me a long time with everything in it completely serviceable & replaceable.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_1531-jpe

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_1528-jpe

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_1529-jpe

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_1532-jpe

Last edited:

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not in the Bronco (yet), but I finished up my portable power station build last night. Still need to do some calibration, then I'll put it through it's paces. It's been a fun little project and it turned out much better than I expected. Planning on using this for camping and eventually running a fridge in the back of the Bronco.

Some quick details:
  • 15A solar MPPT charger
  • 2x 20W USB-C ports
  • 1x 18W USB-A port
It may be a little overkill for my current needs, but this should last me a long time with everything in it completely serviceable & replaceable.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_1532-jpe

Not seeing any thermal problems, that exhaustfan should be enough. Really like the packaging you did, bet it'll stand up to some good bouncing around πŸ‘Œ

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not seeing any thermal problems, that exhaustfan should be enough. Really like the packaging you did, bet it'll stand up to some good bouncing around πŸ‘Œ
For sure, that battery isn't going anywhere. The frame I designed is custom fit to the battery's dimensions. Once it's in, it's in.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 9.02.19β€―AM

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some quick details:
  • 15A solar MPPT charger
  • 2x 20W USB-C ports
  • 1x 18W USB-A port

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 9.02.19β€―AM

Curiosity in total cost of DIY build? Unless cost savings wasn't the goal and serviceability/fun project was?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, β€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some quick details:
  • 15A solar MPPT charger
  • 2x 20W USB-C ports
  • 1x 18W USB-A port

img_1531-jpeg.jpg

img_1528-jpeg.jpg

img_1529-jpeg.jpg

img_1532-jpeg.jpg
Looks like a πŸ’£ from here. 🀣

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curiosity in total cost of DIY build? Unless cost savings wasn't the goal and serviceability/fun project was?
Total cost of components ended up being $630 (not including wires, terminals, screws, etc.). I'm sure there are better deals on out of the box solutions, but I did want something serviceable and designed for my needs. I wasn't a fan of the dimensions of most of the solar generators on the market, too cube-like. I wanted something a little slimmer that I could orient flat or up on it's side and still have access to all the ports and allow for air flow. I also went a tad overkill with the wire thickness and number of ports, but I figured it'd be better in the long run. Experimenting with new components, tools, and materials during the course of the project was also a plus.

Looks like a πŸ’£ from here. 🀣
Yes, my code name for this project was "battery bomb".

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some quick details:
  • 15A solar MPPT charger
  • 2x 20W USB-C ports
  • 1x 18W USB-A port

That is one nifty little unit, great job !

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Total cost of components ended up being $630 (not including wires, terminals, screws, etc.). I'm sure there are better deals on out of the box solutions, but I did want something serviceable and designed for my needs. I wasn't a fan of the dimensions of most of the solar generators on the market, too cube-like. I wanted something a little slimmer that I could orient flat or up on it's side and still have access to all the ports and allow for air flow. I also went a tad overkill with the wire thickness and number of ports, but I figured it'd be better in the long run. Experimenting with new components, tools, and materials during the course of the project was also a plus.

Yes, my code name for this project was "battery bomb".
I definitely dig it.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands