Sponsored

What’s wrong with my gauge cluster? Different Font Used?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a real hack job. I'd check eBay or the boneyards and see if you can find a speedometer cluster.
Or swap it out for the digital "Braptor" one that's available - Can't remember which vendor on B6G was selling that, but it could be a sign to upgrade it!
Sponsored

Zeaks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrak/19 FX4 Exp Max
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow you get 340miles on a tank! I get like 280 at most
I usually fill up with 320-340 gallons on a tank with a couple gallons left. The one trip on the highway I’ve taken had me showing around 440 to empty. This week will be 6 weeks of ownership and it rolled over 2k miles yesterday. I do take it easy on the throttle though and drive for mileage.

To keep things on topic, that speedometer is terrible, jumping back and forth between reading in tens and fives. Depending how particular you are either replace with factory or ignore it. Like others have said I don’t think any of us pay too much attention to it since the digital one is available. On the other hand knowing what you do may constantly draw your focus to it.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, you need to get gas.
LOL - that's ALL my wife would see. Just seeing that image would give her such anxiety. She's absolutely sure that once you're under 1/2 a tank, you might as well start looking for a place to pull over to hike to the station with a gas can. So funny!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exporters have to change the cluster to read MPH when they import them to the States. They must've used an aftermarket cluster or some kind of overlay
Why would you need to change it out, just change the units of measurement in the menu?

Sponsored

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you need to change it out, just change the units of measurement in the menu?
IDK that’s what I was told.
That wouldn’t change the analog dial.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You probably just figured out that they changed the mileage while they were at it
This is why you shouldn't buy "grey market" vehicles.
Absolutely 100% buyer beware.

Also, IF there had been a warranty (newer /lesser mileage)
From what I have read, Ford/GM/Dodge/etc USA will not honor it ...and in some cases , do not want to work on them to begin with.
There are just enough differences to make it a pain in the ass for them, they'll turn it down.

OP
OP

honorarysail

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2DR Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like a real hack job. I'd check eBay or the boneyards and see if you can find a speedometer cluster.
Right! Not sure if it’s just not a part dealerships can get or what, but agreed—shopping for oem solutions currently
I usually fill up with 320-340 gallons on a tank with a couple gallons left. The one trip on the highway I’ve taken had me showing around 440 to empty. This week will be 6 weeks of ownership and it rolled over 2k miles yesterday. I do take it easy on the throttle though and drive for mileage.

To keep things on topic, that speedometer is terrible, jumping back and forth between reading in tens and fives. Depending how particular you are either replace with factory or ignore it. Like others have said I don’t think any of us pay too much attention to it since the digital one is available. On the other hand knowing what you do may constantly draw your focus to it.
Yeah currently driving across the country and can confirm should be around 330 miles a tank for highway driving (5/6 gear in eco mode of course!) Also completely agree with you! I can’t unsee it now so looking for affordable options but at the end of the day it’s not used often

OP
OP

honorarysail

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2DR Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is why you shouldn't buy "grey market" vehicles.
Absolutely 100% buyer beware.

Also, IF there had been a warranty (newer /lesser mileage)
From what I have read, Ford/GM/Dodge/etc USA will not honor it ...and in some cases , do not want to work on them to begin with.
There are just enough differences to make it a pain in the ass for them, they'll turn it down.
I appreciate your advice! I definitely didn’t even know it was legal to import from Canada to the U.S. truthfully, so grey market wise I just didn’t realize it was a problem. Carfax was clear, service/maintenance well documented, little bit of surface rust on the undercarriage and it was debadged, but I thought under 30k for it was a steal! Driving it across the country right now and it’s going great so fingers crossed for continued reliability.

Sponsored
OP
OP

honorarysail

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2DR Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Consider it a rare option. The analog speedo is worthless. I NEVER look at mine. I think in time you'll find your rare gauge doesn't bother you, unless you're in the 1% that reads the analog speedo instead of the humongous digital one.
thank you for this kind and optimistic perspective! Also good point about the analog speedo…Lol

OP
OP

honorarysail

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2DR Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed! No clue where they source them, definitely good point about checking salvage yards I’ll try and find some near me

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exporters have to change the cluster to read MPH when they import them to the States.
Probably varies by state. My coworker bought a used F150 that came from Cannaduh. All instruments are still in metric units.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I NEVER look at mine. I think in time you'll find your rare gauge doesn't bother you, unless you're in the 1% that reads the analog speedo instead of the humongous digital one.
It's behind my left arm. I have to make a conscious effort to look at it, because I have to move my arm out of the way.
Sponsored