First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m currently waiting on my 4 Dr Big Bend non-sas and had a curious question if anyone can answer. I went ahead and ordered some rims, 35” tires and the RC 3.5” lift to install once it arrives. My question to anyone with a similar aftermarket set up is this… did you have any concerns about voiding your warranty with the aftermarket parts since you installed soon after the purchase? And how long did you wait before installing aftermarket lift and tires? I’m debating driving it stock anywhere from 1 week to 1 month before putting the parts on it. Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From my days on the Jeep forum, it's never a pleasant experience for folks trying to get warranty work after they've added a lift. If a dealer can say the modifications mayb could have caused the issue, the warranty isn't going to cover it.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Legally, you can’t “void” a warranty by installing aftermarket parts just by virtue of installing them. This is protected under the Magnussen Moss act in the US.

However, if something fails after you install a mod, and the dealer/Ford can prove the mod contributed to the failure, then that repair will not be covered under warranty.

A lift is risky simply because it’s pretty easy for a dealership to say “no, your mods caused this failure” when anything suspension, drivetrain, or steering related fails. You’ve changed the geometry of the driveline, and that can easily cause extra wear on all those components.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I usually wait for the warranty to be out or ask dealership before I install something. Whenever I do do major stuff, lifts and such, I have my buddy standing over my shoulder handing me beers. He's a ASE Master Tech and he charges for beer delivery ;)

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

35” tires and the RC 3.5”
Let’s be honest here. You should have got the Base Sasquatch and left it alone, or ponied up for Sasquatch package on the Big Bend.

While I’m at it, I’ll urge you to not get bronze wheels and don’t stick scripts on there, either.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Auto or Manual? What gearing?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agree with @SPITmadFIRE. I suspect if you had the Ford dealer do the install, it might be hard for them to deny warranty coverage later. Of course, that approach would likely be much more pricey. My sales person said, but I doubt it's accurate, that 4WD Parts is Ford's official installer and their installations would be covered by Ford's warranty. Again, I'm very skeptical but might be worth looking into.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Auto or Manual? What gearing?
Auto and I’m a novice so I just did 3.73 open diff. Kinda kicking myself a little for it since I had the options for the others but I don’t plan to do heavy off roading the first couple years of having it.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let’s be honest here. You should have got the Base Sasquatch and left it alone, or ponied up for Sasquatch package on the Big Bend.

While I’m at it, I’ll urge you to not get bronze wheels and don’t stick scripts on there, either.
No worries on the scripts. Can’t say the same for bronze rims though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Legally, you can’t “void” a warranty by installing aftermarket parts just by virtue of installing them. This is protected under the Magnussen Moss act in the US.

However, if something fails after you install a mod, and the dealer/Ford can prove the mod contributed to the failure, then that repair will not be covered under warranty.

A lift is risky simply because it’s pretty easy for a dealership to say “no, your mods caused this failure” when anything suspension, drivetrain, or steering related fails. You’ve changed the geometry of the driveline, and that can easily cause extra wear on all those components.
I’m not sure how much stock I’d put into the Magnusson Moss Act. Here’s a great read from someone who actually tried to use it.

I think the one big take away is your vehicle becomes evidence in the trial and you lose access to it.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/ffs-lets-all-stop-referencing-the-magnussen-moss-act.609911/

EStepCG2022

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What's wrong with scripts and bronze wheels? People aren't allowed to do whatever they want to their own cars now?

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree with @SPITmadFIRE. I suspect if you had the Ford dealer do the install, it might be hard for them to deny warranty coverage later. Of course, that approach would likely be much more pricey. My sales person said, but I doubt it's accurate, that 4WD Parts is Ford's official installer and their installations would be covered by Ford's warranty. Again, I'm very skeptical but might be worth looking into.
I asked my dealer about doing a 1" level, and he refused to have his shop do it due to potential impact on warranty. I've seen others say that their dealership did lifts for them on delivery, and I know of one doing a lift on an incoming Bronco as an add-on before putting it on the market. If you find a dealer willing to do one, I'd make sure it's somewhere in writing that they won't refuse to cover the repairs should something happen to related parts. It _should_ be covered if a dealer did the install for you, but never assume.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will add I think a lot of it comes down to the relationship you have with your service centre. I’ve had warrantee work completed on a heavily modified Tacoma with no questions asked but I had built a great relationship with the people there.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Amen regarding Bronze wheels, but "to each their own".
I'm wishing that I had gone with a more classic looking silver wheel than the all black I put on.
Sponsored