Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you all having the same problem is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling anticipating my top.
I hope tor can identify and correct the problem. funny though that these seem to pop up all at the same time on the forum. i wonder if there are other issues that haven't been brought up.
my date should be coming up and i hope everything is corrected by then. hope its a minor problem
Wonder if it’s a specific batch? Folks who have this issue, when did your hardtop arrive?
Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been dealing with leaks since I bought it. I’ve tried to work with Todd but we’re at the “we’ve never seen that before” stage. If I tighten the back first, I get significant water in the passenger foot well. If I tighten the front clamps first, I get water in the headliner over the driver and on the seats. It’s my opinion the targa width is too narrow front to back. Also, the “gutter” at the rear of the targa/front main top is useless as it just runs water to the sides where it leaks internally. It’s resulted in the glue for the carpet lining getting wet to the point where it sagged. When I pushed it back up it held, but now looks like crap. I hope you’re able to find a solution for yours. I’m considering ordering another MIC when they’re available for this and various other reasons.
I played with the tightening order but haven't found any difference. The placement becomes the same. It's tight enough and I even don't hear the wind sound anymore, so I wonder if the liner theory is correct and maybe adding same isolation over the edge could help. Looking for @Turn Offroad input, I think it's easy to reproduce.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think "leakage" is technically a warranty case, would love some proactive help from Todd here, so far he was helpful, but not proactive.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In fairness to TOR, we’ve been trying to troubleshoot it but it’s an intermittent problem. I’m not sure if it’s volume of rain, truck orientation, latch sequencing, tension, gaskets, etc.

I did this test

What other reasons? I am on the fence right now between the OEM and this. I really like the color and look but I am afraid of leaks and potential consequences of that as basically the whole internal surface is covered by carpet.
Purely specific use cases I didn’t consider prior to purchase. I bought a trailrax anticipating for some reason it would work like it does with the MIC. It doesn’t allow targa removal while the rack is installed. I also don’t like how poorly the rear hooks of the trailrax interface with the slots in the TOR top. Because of the bend on the bracket, they don’t slide in very far. Also, there’s really not any aftermarket support for the TOR either. Meaning no other rack manufacturer is designing for it. This also means the few other aftermarket options that are available won’t work either. Things like the Bestop Sunrider I’ve got sitting in its box. Again, these aren’t TOR’s problems, my fault for not considering all of the consequences. I like the Bronco for its modularity and diversity. The minute I put this top on, I lost access to a considerable amount of that potential. It looks better, it appears to be durably built, it just seems to have painted me in a corner in terms of flexibility in ways I didn’t anticipate.

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In fairness to TOR, we’ve been trying to troubleshoot it but it’s an intermittent problem. There’s also

Purely specific use cases I didn’t consider prior to purchase. I bought a trailrax anticipating for some reason it would work like it does with the MIC. It doesn’t allow targa removal while the rack is installed. I also don’t like how poorly the rear hooks of the trailers interface with the slots in the TOR top. Because of the bend on the bracket, they don’t slide in very far. Also, there’s really not any aftermarket support for the TOR either. Meaning no other rack manufacturer is designing for it either. This also means the few other aftermarket options that are available won’t work either. Things like the Bestop Sunrider I’ve got sitting in its box. Again, these aren’t TOR’s problems, my fault for not considering all of the consequences. I like the Bronco for its modularity and diversity. The minute I put this top on, I lost access to a considerable amount of that potential. It looks better, it appears to be durably built, it just seems to have painted me in a corner in terms of flexibility in ways I didn’t anticipate.
Can you please elaborate the bracket problem a little bit more? I have the same rack sitting in my garage for almost two years and wanted to install it this weekend. I saw someone posted here the installed rack without (I hope) any issues. Not removing a targa is kind of a bummer and that's why I ordered (but got a refund) for the ADV one-piece hardtop.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you please elaborate the bracket problem a little bit more? I have the same rack sitting in my garage for almost two years and wanted to install it this weekend. I saw someone posted here the installed rack without (I hope) any issues. Not removing a targa is kind of a bummer and that's why I ordered (but got a refund) for the ADV one-piece hardtop.
Between the angle of the bend, the width of the slot, and the depth of the pocket, that was the best I could do at the time. I even tried to remove those black aluminum plates hoping to get it deeper, but that was a waste of time. Don’t do that.

IMG_0840.jpeg

IMG_0839.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

Ps. Notice the rust after two weeks being installed.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between the angle of the bend, the width of the slot, and the depth of the pocket, that was the best I could do at the time. I even tried to remove those black aluminum plates hoping to get it deeper, but that was a waste of time. Don’t do that.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_0838

Does it hold fine and it's only the look or it doesn't? And what rust do you mean? Where exactly?

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it hold fine and it's only the look or it doesn't? And what rust do you mean? Where exactly?
It holds and with the PacRax it’s probably fine, but certainly it’s not how it was designed/engineered. The rust is on the brackets of the trailrax around the bolt holes. Maybe hard to see in the pics. Not a TOR issue.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TraumaJoe Do you have the same issue?

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It holds and with the PacRax it’s probably fine, but certainly it’s not how it was designed/engineered. The rust is on the brackets of the trailrax around the bolt holes. Maybe hard to see in the pics. Not a TOR issue.
Oh, yeah, bolts rust. I have some other brackets from them and bolts are fully rusted. @TrailRax could you suggest or maybe replace those bolts? I am specifically talking about trail sight mounts.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, yeah, bolts rust. I have some other brackets from them and bolts are fully rusted. @TrailRax could you suggest or maybe replace those bolts? I am specifically talking about trail sight mounts.
Hey! Our bolts are actually stainless steel black oxide so that is not actually the bolts rusting, it could be oxidation of the black oxide on those bolts that turn orange. We have seen that happen in some situations. Other times it may actually be a alloy steel bolt that accidently gets thrown into our batches of hardware. For this situation, it does not seem like it because the whole bolt will be orange. This looks like the steel clamp had its powder cracked and exposed to weather.

If you would like, ship us back the parts and we will warranty them for you! Email [email protected] and we will get you taken care of.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey! Our bolts are actually stainless steel black oxide so that is not actually the bolts rusting, it could be oxidation of the black oxide on those bolts that turn orange. We have seen that happen in some situations. Other times it may actually be a alloy steel bolt that accidently gets thrown into our batches of hardware. For this situation, it does not seem like it because the whole bolt will be orange. This looks like the steel clamp had its powder cracked and exposed to weather.

If you would like, ship us back the parts and we will warranty them for you! Email [email protected] and we will get you taken care of.

Sent you a picture, but basically all 4 bolts look like that:

image0 2.jpeg

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sent you a picture, but basically all 4 bolts look like that:

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE image0 2
Did not see this picture till now. Yeah definitely can help you out with this. We will chat via email shortly. Thanks!

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did this test

What other reasons? I am on the fence right now between the OEM and this. I really like the color and look but I am afraid of leaks and potential consequences of that as basically the whole internal surface is covered by carpet.
Any result?
Sponsored