MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The absolute must is the gas tank skid (which many have mentioned is better than average), the rest is just icing.

What's a better alternative relative for the price. Interested in what you paid, including shipping and what you got.

Planning on a week or two in Moab, not planning on beating the piss out of my Bronco. Other than that, it's just a trail rig, used for hunting and fishing.

Very interested in the weight of the OEM skids.

Very aware this is the 783 thread on the topic.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

The absolute must is the gas tank skid (which many have mentioned is better than average), the rest is just icing.

What's a better alternative relative for the price. Interested in what you paid, including shipping and what you got.

Planning on a week or two in Moab, not planning on beating the piss out of my Bronco. Other than that, it's just a trail rig, used for hunting and fishing.

Sorry, not going to talk you out of it. Get the plates.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think you're going to find anything compelling that's a similar price and bonus, at least they're informed by the people who built your Bronco. Are they great? No. Are they awful? No.

If you're looking to bash your underbody, you should look elsewhere. If you just need something so you can get out, but aren't doing a lot of moderate to difficult rock crawling, you'll be fine.

I gave my used one's to @mpeugeot.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The price is right. Do it. They aren't heavy duty plates, but the ones that are cost (and weigh) a lot more.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought this kit, it's worth just for the gas tank plate. For transmission and crossbar protection you can go aftermarket and still be under what the gas plate costs by itself.

OP
OP

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think you're going to find anything compelling that's a similar price and bonus, at least they're informed by the people who built your Bronco. Are they great? No. Are they awful? No.

If you're looking to bash your underbody, you should look elsewhere. If you just need something so you can get out, but aren't doing a lot of moderate to difficult rock crawling, you'll be fine.

I gave my used one's to @mpeugeot.
You rock!!! Been watching Craigslist and MarketPlace for 2 years, waiting for a used set to come up and haven't seen any yet. Probably going to pull the trigger tomorrow on them.

Sponsored

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As others have said, it’s worth it. I did it mainly for the fuel tank plate, and ended up adding transmission and cross member plates from another company. Anything you don’t end up using, you can sell or give away.

Dodoandduck

Big Bend
First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't know that it'll talk you out of it, but I scored a full RCI steel package plus brand new DV8 shock sliders for $600 on marketplace for my wife's 4 door. Few hour drive from us, but absolutely worth it.

PXL_20231021_005151438.jpg

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
for me is TALON GARAGE TX
TRACKTOY

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Factory skids and Talon Garage Transmission skid is about as good as it gets. If you want the RCI transfer case skid is icing on the cake. If there was something better I would run it. Talon Garage is on their 10th skid plate revision now? That is why you buy from them, constant improvement.

OP
OP

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
hi
for me is TALON GARAGE TX
TRACKTOY
I've heard some speak highly of you, however your basically twice the cost (with shipping and before any discounts), for the same components.
Sponsored