Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope you’re okay. Makes me wonder what the result would have been if those side steps were legit rock sliders.
I imagine they're meant to not deflect upwards, and not so much designed to act as secondary side-impact beams.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are in luck. The doors and the panels come off. Made this way for the inevitable trail destruction. Since the Bronco is built on a true frame chassis, I doubt it even noticed the hit. No air bag deployment? Then you are good to go. Two new doors ( you will be able to pop those off someone else’s Bronco lol) , and a front fender.Some AMB paint, with a new step board…back in business. The other driver has deployed air bags….that will be totaled simply because of that. They will have a day of reckoning when it comes time to replace their car.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was an auto adjuster many years ago. Did the side air bags go off?

IMHO not a total. Needs both door shells, fender, rocker and accessories like your step, etc.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dang, sorry.

It looks like the rocker took some damage, that may complicate the repair.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would make sure you assert a claim for diminution of value. As a third party, you should be compensated for the reduced value post repair (this is not typically true of first party claims against your own insurance, depending on state and policy language). If it is a total, you should have an option of retaining the salvage and repairing it yourself as well. Bids will be very high and it might not make sense, but it’s likely worth evaluating. Jeeps are really good salvage vehicles to buy because they are relatively simple and inexpensive to repair (as the Bronco should be once parts and suppliers are out of this pandemic alternate universe).

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A real question that needs to be asked is whether the state of California recognizes diminished value claims.

Edit: Matthew, you beat me to it.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the additional photos. Most of that damage wasn’t very visible in the initial photo. I’d say it held up pretty well, considering. I’m pretty sure those rocker panels are made from a very high-strength alloy steel, so I’ve never personally been worried about having the rock rails attached to the body instead of the frame, and these photos only reinforce that opinion.

I still bet the insurance company totals it once they start checking out replacement parts availability and pricing. It will be interesting to learn their final decision.

What is the typical loss threshold as a percentage of actual cash value before an insurance company totals a vehicle? Maybe some insurance guys/gals will chime in?
Can depend on the state, but most insurance companies will get a bid based on damages from a salvor (like Copart). The math is basically if gross salvage value + known value of damages equals or exceeds ACV, it can be totaled. Some other variables (rental, storage costs for example), but that’s how it generally works for a “constructive” total loss.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to guess $20K after supplements and rental.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That won't be totaled unless the frame is badly bent and even still it isn't that expensive to straighten a traditional frame. If they need to do any frame repair make sure the shop uses a Celette jig for aligning the frame.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my new OBX in early November and got t-boned last Thursday by a driver who ran a red light. It's up on the rack at the repair shop now to determine how bad it is. Not sure if I want it totaled or not! Stay safe out there...

Ford Bronco T-Boned! Is it totaled?  Too soon to tell...  :(
Andy - I am so sorry man! I live in Marin myself and that intersection is horrible. At least the fire dept. was right there. I am glad you're safe and well.
Keep me posted. I'd love to meet up once I get mine. It should be built on 1/3 and hopefully have it by February. Best of luck man and hope you get your rig back soon!