First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got my new OBX in early November and got t-boned last Thursday by a driver who ran a red light. It's up on the rack at the repair shop now to determine how bad it is. Not sure if I want it totaled or not! Stay safe out there...

IMG_2950.jpeg
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m sorry to hear about your accident. šŸ˜ž

If you were T-boned, it must have been on the passengerā€™s side. (If you were hit on the front driverā€™s quarter panel, which is not visible behind the open driverā€™s door, I would not consider that T-boned.)

Do you have any other pics available?

Canā€™t see the true extent of the damage, but I would be surprised if a T-boned vehicle doesnā€™t get totaled by the insurance company, especially with the scarcity of available parts. JMHO.

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got my new OBX in early November and got t-boned last Thursday by a driver who ran a red light. It's up on the rack at the repair shop now to determine how bad it is. Not sure if I want it totaled or not! Stay safe out there...

Ford Bronco T-Boned! Is it totaled?  Too soon to tell...  :( IMG_2950
Welll sheeeeeet sorry to see/hear this hope you are okay

OP
OP
awmunc90

awmunc90

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard to say from the pic, but at first glance I'd say the Bronco took it better than the Lexus did.

(Convenient that they hit you right in front of the fire station)
Yeah, I was very impressed with how well it held up. My guess is that her bumper hit the frame pretty directly which just pushed me away but collapsed her front-left.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry to hear about the accident, and I hope you and the other driver are ok. I can't see the damage to the Bronco in that pic.

OP
OP
awmunc90

awmunc90

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m sorry to hear about your accident. šŸ˜ž

If you were T-boned, it must have been on the passengerā€™s side. (If you were hit on the front driverā€™s quarter panel, which is not visible behind the open driverā€™s door, I would not consider that T-boned.)

Do you have any other pics available?

Canā€™t see the true extent of the damage, but I would be surprised if a T-boned vehicle doesnā€™t get totaled by the insurance company, especially with the scarcity of available parts. JMHO.
Was hit fairly squarely in the front passenger door, but am assuming she pulled to the right just prior to impact. Obviously all hard to tell.

Yeah, very curious to see what next steps look like. Original estimate was $17,000 just based on visual inspection. It's up on the rack today while they get a better assessment. We shall see...

IMG_2957.jpeg

IMG_2958.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
awmunc90

awmunc90

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hope your all right Is that black or Antimatter Blue? If Antimatter Blue sorry for your loss you will never see that color again.
They discontinued Antimatter Blue?! NO! My first Bronco was Midnight Metallic Blue (aftermarket) and I was so happy to have it reincarnated. Ugh...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco T-Boned! Is it totaled?  Too soon to tell...  :( IMG_2958
Whatever the result, I would consider buying the thing back from the insurance company... I would imagine that the value of the hard to source bits right now would more than pay for itself probably several times over!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was hit fairly squarely in the front passenger door, but am assuming she pulled to the right just prior to impact. Obviously all hard to tell.

Yeah, very curious to see what next steps look like. Original estimate was $17,000 just based on visual inspection. It's up on the rack today while they get a better assessment. We shall see...

IMG_2957.jpeg

IMG_2958.jpeg
Thanks for the additional photos. Most of that damage wasnā€™t very visible in the initial photo. Iā€™d say it held up pretty well, considering. Iā€™m pretty sure those rocker panels are made from a very high-strength alloy steel, so Iā€™ve never personally been worried about having the rock rails attached to the body instead of the frame, and these photos only reinforce that opinion.

I still bet the insurance company totals it once they start checking out replacement parts availability and pricing. It will be interesting to learn their final decision.

What is the typical loss threshold as a percentage of actual cash value before an insurance company totals a vehicle? Maybe some insurance guys/gals will chime in?

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope youā€™re okay. Makes me wonder what the result would have been if those side steps were legit rock sliders.