Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor, 18 F150 Raptor, 20 GT500, 20 Taycan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi All!

My son (8) and I installed the SmarterHome Hard Top Lifter today. It took about 3 hours to make sure measurements were right and to get it all level. I really quite like it now that I got it level. Please note that the instructions of where to install the pulleys is a STARTING POINT and ended up lifting mine VERY angled (like 45*!!). It was quite disconcerting. I also scratched the PPF I just had put on my rear roll bar :-(. Ill have it redone at some point, glad it wasn't the paint!

My only real tip is to get the top off the Bronco manually.... and adjust the pulley locations while the top is on the ground. Do not try and pull it straight off the Bronco with the recommended locations for the pulley - it came off 45* angled, and scratched my rear roll bar.

I would recommend it! Just learn from my mistakes.... đź‘Ť

IMG_5523.jpeg

IMG_5519.jpeg

IMG_5505.jpeg

IMG_5503.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg

IMG_5496.jpeg

IMG_5494.jpeg
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

NICE .... real NICE ..... but I still dont see how you guys with these lifts back into the same exact spot if you want to put the hard top back on again!

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

NICE .... real NICE ..... but I still dont see how you guys with these lifts back into the same exact spot if you want to put the hard top back on again!
With how wide the Braptor is- you don't have much of a choice for the left to right in a single bay opening. LOL

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, can’t speak for others but I always back in and get used to using certain markers in my garage. On the lift I used for my Jeep, you just had to be reasonably close. As your hoisting down you can normally move it left/right or front/back as needed.

Once you get used to them, it’s like second nature.

OP
OP
ralphy1798

ralphy1798

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ha! yeah, it takes a few tries to get lined up. I do need to bias 1 inch to one side of the garage door and I need to be straight! Im sure after 4-5 times, it'll be quick and easy.

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Once I locked in the exact spot I need to backup into, I mark the garage floor with a strip of duct tape to line up with the center line I see in my backup camera. I know to back up to that strip of duct tape when I want to take off and put back on my hard top.

OP
OP
ralphy1798

ralphy1798

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi All!

My son (8) and I installed the SmarterHome Hard Top Lifter today. It took about 3 hours to make sure measurements were right and to get it all level. I really quite like it now that I got it level. Please note that the instructions of where to install the pulleys is a STARTING POINT and ended up lifting mine VERY angled (like 45*!!). It was quite disconcerting. I also scratched the PPF I just had put on my rear roll bar :-(. Ill have it redone at some point, glad it wasn't the paint!

My only real tip is to get the top off the Bronco manually.... and adjust the pulley locations while the top is on the ground. Do not try and pull it straight off the Bronco with the recommended locations for the pulley - it came off 45* angled, and scratched my rear roll bar.

I would recommend it! Just learn from my mistakes.... đź‘Ť

IMG_5523.jpeg

IMG_5519.jpeg

IMG_5505.jpeg

IMG_5503.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg

IMG_5496.jpeg

IMG_5494.jpeg
Curious, is the Raptor hard top any different from the rest? Does the second cross bar change the design?

OP
OP
ralphy1798

ralphy1798

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Curious, is the Raptor hard top any different from the rest? Does the second cross bar change the design?
I don’t think the back part is any different.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your balance point for the pulleys was off because you have the rear window open. Close the rear window and the top is balanced with the stock location of the pullies. If you have the rear open that pushes the most weight back further and requires a new position.

Also, your beams are too long. Those foam pieces should sit on top of the roof, which eliminates the need for a blanket or towel. you can note that in their installation videos for the Bronco.

Please note that the instructions of where to install the pulleys is a STARTING POINT and ended up lifting mine VERY angled (like 45*!!). It was quite disconcerting. I also scratched the PPF I just had put on my rear roll bar :-(. Ill have it redone at some point, glad it wasn't the paint!

IMG_5519.jpeg
Sponsored