SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not bad. wouldnt take much to cap it off, if a person wanted to.

Thank you
Not at all. We tapped the inside holes for the lights and it felt like enough thread grabbed to not worry about, but just in case put a nut on the outside as it was easier to access.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seats are reupholstered with cooling/ventilation added. Definitely a big improvement. Added suede to mitigate hotspots during the summer. With the fans on the middle setting they put out about as much air as a 2022 Raptor with Recaros on high, and you can feel the air better on your back. Will be a welcome addition for summer wheeling. Factory heat is gone so no heated seats with remote start, but having the heat blown via van might actually be more pleasant compared to sitting on a warm seat. Not certain at this point. Went with blue stitching to match the little blue accents Ford threw in the vehicle for some reason.

IMG_1569.jpeg

IMG_1570.jpeg

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Frame mounted tire carrier installed. Modified the aftermarket bumper extensively to get it to work but got it and didnā€™t even need to weld anything up!

Iā€™ll have to do a review on the Reaper mount. Itā€™s robust up until the tire is mounted. Then you wonder if they kinda just wanted to finish the project and get it on the market causeā€¦damnā€¦itā€™s ridiculously flimsy. Canā€™t say Iā€™d recommend it.

IMG_1576.jpeg

IMG_1581.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

IMG_1598.jpeg

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's cool you got it to work. My thoughts exactly. Where does it need some beef? I was going to keep the hammerbuilt for GP

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's cool you got it to work. My thoughts exactly. Where does it need some beef? I was going to keep the hammerbuilt for GP
Thanks yo! The extension that holds the tire itself. The rest of the mount is solid but that sliding sleeve thingie is just bent out of somewhat thick sheetmetal. Thereā€™s no way Iā€™m trusting it with a 40 inch tire. Iā€™m going to fab something up out of receiver tubing.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice build. That RIG is a crawling monster!

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice build. That RIG is a crawling monster!
Thanks! Hopefully it will be when itā€™s done! Just waiting on the portals to show up.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks yo! The extension that holds the tire itself. The rest of the mount is solid but that sliding sleeve thingie is just bent out of somewhat thick sheetmetal. Thereā€™s no way Iā€™m trusting it with a 40 inch tire. Iā€™m going to fab something up out of receiver tubing.
You've pushed me a little closer to picking one of those up.
I would like the ability to operate separately from the tailgate. I'm thinking a hitch pin instead of a bolt at the links and installing something like this with a simple limiter

PXL_20240506_003114867.jpg

PXL_20240506_003056886.jpg

PXL_20240506_003555181.jpg

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You've pushed me a little closer to picking one of those up.
I would like the ability to operate separately from the tailgate. I'm thinking a hitch pin instead of a bolt at the links and installing something like this with a simple limiter

PXL_20240506_003114867.jpg

PXL_20240506_003056886.jpg

PXL_20240506_003555181.jpg
I was looking at this but it would just kill the departure angle. I actually removed the hitch for that reason and rely on the rock rings as ā€œframe sliders.ā€

https://www.rigdsupply.com/products/rigd-ultraswing-multi-fit-spare-tire-hitch-carrier

Sponsored
OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This was my idea. Extend hitch in red, add latching pin,blue, possibly inside the bumper

Screenshot_20240505-210744~3.png
Ohhhhh. I gotcha. I had a similar setup on a JK. If I remember correctly it did have a spring loaded pin for the open position as well. I do like the convenience of this setup as far as the tire swinging open with the tailgate using the heim connections. Itā€™s smooth and doesnā€™t hang up at all. In the closed position if I drag the spare it does seem like there should be enough flex as to avoid damage to the tailgate. (Iā€™ll still pop the valve and leave it open in this scenario to allow deformation of the tire, just to be safe)

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ohhhhh. I gotcha. I had a similar setup on a JK. If I remember correctly it did have a spring loaded pin for the open position as well. I do like the convenience of this setup as far as the tire swinging open with the tailgate using the heim connections. Itā€™s smooth and doesnā€™t hang up at all. In the closed position if I drag the spare it does seem like there should be enough flex as to avoid damage to the tailgate. (Iā€™ll still pop the valve and leave it open in this scenario to allow deformation of the tire, just to be safe)
That's cool. The pics were from The back of my overland trailer
Airing down the spare is a really good idea. So simple. Don't know why I didn't think of it. Forest for the trees

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's cool. The pics were from The back of my overland trailer
Airing down the spare is a really good. So simple. Don't know why I didn't think of it. Forest for the trees
I forget where I heard about it. Not an original idea of mine. But leaving the Apex valve open is all me šŸ˜‚
Sponsored