stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a silly question. Of course you should !!!! I want a second one just to create a first gen throwback vehicle.
Sponsored

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, I got rid of my 2021 2.3 MT 2 door badlands back in 2022, due to some issues with ford and the dealer...
I've been driving a 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee since. It's a great vehicle... not capable of what the Bronco was, but also quieter, smoother, better stereo, adaptive cruise control, about the same gas mileage, and vented seats...
I have no complaints about it.
But I sure miss my Bronco. Every time I see one, I curse Ford and my dealer, they were the main reasons I got rid of mine.

There's now a used one at the chevy dealer in town. A 2021 2.3L auto 4 door badlands with soft top, high package, and 12" screen. ~24k miles. Even the same color mine was, cyber orange. One concern is that it's a 2 owner vehicle, and the second owner only had it for maybe 2-3k miles. Wonder why they got rid of it.
I'm thinking of test driving it...

Reasons I got rid of the Bronco: Ford and the Dealer. 2 door didn't have enough room. The majority of the driving I did was in stop and go city traffic and the manual was getting annoying. boat vinyl and 100+ degree texas temps = swamp butt/back.

I've moved since then, and driving is now much less, and mostly highway. Those seats though... I'm addicted to the jeeps vented seats...
I’ve traded in several vehicles in the past with 2-3000 miles only for practical reasons never any issues with vehicle. If I buy used I always check out service reports. Definitely would show if the Bronco had many issues. Then it’s a Red Flag. Test drive it and ask to see Vehicle History Report.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not get anything prior to a '23 personally. I'm actually a bit grateful now that I ended up waiting 3 years before Ford built mine. As far as the other dilemma , Lux pkg gives you the advanced cruise and Katskin can get you heated/cooled seats. Your Jeep already has that but do the doors and top come off ? You have to decide if you want more luxury or more fun.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may need a good history report on the vehicle and a good drive. I have a 21 Badlands, it is a lux package, and I do use the ACC when I take it on trips. It works very well. As for cooling seats, not a big deal to me. The AC works great IMO.

If you are going to do anything off-road, then the Badlands will have you covered, even if it's a non-SAS package. I have a non-SAS package, but that was by design because I had planned to mod with my own suspension setup, which I did.

In the end, I would say take it out for a drive and see what is what. Also you should be able to find great deals on 22 or 23's now, so perhaps if you are not in a hurry see what you can find out there.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles, shoot crappy guns and eat garbage food.

The Ford dealers around me in WA are absolute trash. I go to Montana for decent service.

If you have good support for your Jeep, I'd stick with that. I know there's supposed to be some competition with the Bronco and Wrangler, but the Wrangler will do everything a Bronco will do. Perhaps that should be a consideration.
Going to put this quote you made on a t-shirt, sell a ton of them, then send you a check for 5%! :ROFLMAO:

“Life is too short to drive boring vehicles, shoot crappy guns and eat garbage food.”

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe they traded it in for a Chevy because thats what they wanted? People change their minds all the time and Broncos, arent for everyone. I'd still do some background checks on that Bronco if you are seriously considering it.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Jeep dealer I had has been a lot better than the Ford dealer I had.
After my move, the jeep dealer is even better. I don't know about the Ford dealer. I do see some reports on here of them when the orders were being made / filled that they were a good one to deal with, but service is always a different beast.

The adaptive cruise and the vented seats are honestly two of the strongest reasons to keep the Jeep. It's not just adaptive, but stop and go.
And those vented seats..

Ah if you have a good dealer that’s harder. Hopefully you won’t have to deal with the service dept a lot on the Bronco regardless.

Stop & go was a must for me too but you can add it to the lux package with Forscan. I did it, took like 20 mins counting getting forscan all set up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does have a history available.

https://www.ipacket.info/1FMEE5DHXMLA61506

Basically, no reported accidents/damage. 1 open recall (replace rear camera)
2 previous owners. Odometer matches what they're advertising.
1st owner estimated length 1 year, 6 months.
2nd owner estimated length.... 29 days

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not get anything prior to a '23 personally. I'm actually a bit grateful now that I ended up waiting 3 years before Ford built mine. As far as the other dilemma , Lux pkg gives you the advanced cruise and Katskin can get you heated/cooled seats. Your Jeep already has that but do the doors and top come off ? You have to decide if you want more luxury or more fun.
That's one of the things I was thinking of. That maybe they've fixed a lot of the little issues since 2021 models. But if it's made it this far with no major incidents, it's probably fine.
I'll check it out tomorrow.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They have $45k on it right now. KJBB's value is $42-$48k
It’s not horrible but is your heart set on CO? As said above I’d prob look for a 22/23 over a 21.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford dealer here actually has a 2023 2.3 4d at Big Bend w/Mid package & 12" screen & copilot 360, w/Hard Top new on the lot for $47k. I'd get at least $1k off that because of coming from Jeep right now...
And a 2024 4d AT, hard top, big bend in transit. $46k. Looks like base with a 12" screen and tow package.
Oh the temptations...

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It does have a history available.

https://www.ipacket.info/1FMEE5DHXMLA61506

Basically, no reported accidents/damage. 1 open recall (replace rear camera)
2 previous owners. Odometer matches what they're advertising.
1st owner estimated length 1 year, 6 months.
2nd owner estimated length.... 29 days
29 days! Sounds like maybe a regret purchase - $$ or they didn't like the truck? If the history report is clean, I can't imagine they returned it that quickly because of issues with the truck itself.
Sponsored