Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all - I am glad to be here. I received my 23 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch in April after waiting for 2.5 years. I am very happy with it and have added some mods to it which I'll post soon enough. I am looking to see if anyone else is having an issue with their remote key and touch unlock. Here is what happens, if my bronc is locked and I go to touch the door handle, it will unlock all the other doors and I usually have to wait a few seconds and touch it again to unlock the drivers door. Its sort of annoying I have to touch it twice to unlock the drivers door. I have had other Fords and this is not how it usually acts when I touch the drivers door. Is anyone else having this same issue? Thank you for any help or suggestions to this!
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine does the same thing, I have to pull the handle twice to unlock. The difference is it does it on all doors (i have three...). When I looked it up, I think it doesn't do that if I put my thumb on the bump on the handle. I've just gotten used to pulling on the handle twice, to be honest.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we have similar problem, but different. And ford warranty didn’t do crap to help. On ours, we have trouble locking the doors touching button on outside of handle. Usually have to touch it 3-4 times before it will initiate locks. Very frustrating. Service dept said they couldn’t replicate it, yet we literally replicate it EVERYTIME we try and lock it. Never had that problem on my 11 F150, nor my current 18 superduty. Not sure what’s diff, but it is terrible.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So we have similar problem, but different. And ford warranty didn’t do crap to help. On ours, we have trouble locking the doors touching button on outside of handle. Usually have to touch it 3-4 times before it will initiate locks. Very frustrating. Service dept said they couldn’t replicate it, yet we literally replicate it EVERYTIME we try and lock it. Never had that problem on my 11 F150, nor my current 18 superduty. Not sure what’s diff, but it is terrible.
Yeah, I've noticed that, too....I just use the inside lock button on the door.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There should be a spot that has a lock symbol toward the forward part of the handle. Only that spot should be touched to lock. Pulling or placing your hand on the inside of the handle (away from the lock icon) should unlock the door.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bucobadlands

bucobadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should be a spot that has a lock symbol toward the forward part of the handle. Only that spot should be touched to lock. Pulling or placing your hand on the inside of the handle (away from the lock icon) should unlock the door.
So I had to take a quick look a the handle and there is a lock button there and thought, what if I only touch the inside portion of the handle, would it unlock the door. I just tried it and it did unlock the door and I tested it a few times and acted as I wanted. I'll have to test that through out the day. I am glad you mentioned the lock button as I am guessing it is part of the whole OUTSIDE piece and thats why its locking the driver door. Not sure why it would unlock the other doors though.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I had to take a quick look a the handle and there is a lock button there and thought, what if I only touch the inside portion of the handle, would it unlock the door. I just tried it and it did unlock the door and I tested it a few times and acted as I wanted. I'll have to test that through out the day. I am glad you mentioned the lock button as I am guessing it is part of the whole OUTSIDE piece and thats why its locking the driver door. Not sure why it would unlock the other doors though.
You were essentially hitting two buttons at once. Unlock all 4 doors then lock driver door.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there, Eric! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this door button concern for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist! To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored