Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The PCM shouldn't be much of a concern. I'm running an unlocked F150 PCM in my Bronco. All that's different is the calibration loaded into the PCM.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150-KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The PCM shouldn't be much of a concern. I'm running an unlocked F150 PCM in my Bronco. All that's different is the calibration loaded into the PCM.
Wait, what?
Care to provide us with more info on the how's and why's of an F150 PCM?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I belong to a forum called diog.net.. Well I don't contribute much there. It is a read-only forum for me. And I have learned a great deal about this subject. I've read about and watched literally hundreds of mechanics in the nation. Use modules that are used or new and install them in. Many different makes and models across platforms in places. They don't belong or did not originate. The vehicle architecture, it's quite simple and ninety nine percent of the modules have the same pin outs for the same vehicles purposes. The computers communicate together the same way. T This is really not that difficult to do, and there are several ways to solve the problems that may arise.

Plan a would be to simply program the Broncos modules to think they are in a different the vehicle.

When b would be to rob the actual modules from the other vehicle and install them in the bronco. This is a very good prospect, as ninety nine percent of the wiring harness is the same across platforms
I hope you are right; I am not at all a SW or CAN expert. My exposure to it is relatively recent, 2023MY+ vehicles.

My fear is that the newer vehicles (even disregarding CMA, thought that will be an issue on other newer vehicles, not on Bronco thankfully) are so much more integrated than older generations that even with some programming, certain signals will not match up as designed for each respective cal, leading to DTC's or loss of features.

I think a bit of good news is you plan to keep the hyper integrated sections paired up as intended PCM/TCM for the 5.2/auto, and ABS/PSCM/BCM for the Bronco.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait, what?
Care to provide us with more info on the how's and why's of an F150 PCM?
Unlocking a PCM is the only way to edit or make changes to the calibration in newer/modern locked PCMs, which is how 2.7/3.0 Broncos are able to be fully custom tuned.
https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/pr...o-mg1-replacement-ecu-upgraded-with-hp-tuners

I don't exactly know all the ins and outs, but here is a decent video of HP tuners explaining it.
https://www.hptuners.com/articles/hp-tuners-ecm-pcm-and-tcm-services-explained/

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you. I've been trying to explain this for a long time. You can just take a module. That is compatible, and do the programming and configuration to use it for your desired application... This is the way bosch, and ford intended it

Sponsored

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘71 Highboy F250, ‘54 Willys
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you. I've been trying to explain this for a long time. You can just take a module. That is compatible, and do the programming and configuration to use it for your desired application... This is the way bosch, and ford intended it
My mind = 🤯

Cool, but crazy to me!

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘71 Highboy F250, ‘54 Willys
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As little as I know about modern “modulization” of the auto, I actually knew this was a thing. I had a ‘95 ski boat with an LT1 Vette in and to get it to run best at my altitude, we remapped a PCM from plain jane 350 TBI. Ran like a raped ape.
Sponsored

Last edited: