Sponsored

What exactly is in "Sasquatch Package" ?

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. It's a base.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still a nice Bronco if the price is right

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still a nice Bronco if the price is right
Thank you. I have wanted one since I first saw them. Of course they were expensive and hard to get then. Trouble is I don't buy brand new rigs, get them a couple of years old and drive them for 10 or more years. (my other ride is a 2002 F-350 4WD Crew)

Now that they've been out a few years I started serious shopping. I wasn't willing to spend what everyone was asking for them so I put looking on the back burner until later.

The wife was car shopping for herself and there was a green Bronco parked a few cars away on the lot. She didn't buy her a car that day but she came home and told me "there's a good looking Bronco that you should look at". If my wife tells me a rig looks good, I listen to her. So the next morning I did, then I bought it. Low miles, great condition and I thought the price was fair compared to what I had been seeing when shopping before.

Don't worry, she found and bought the car she wanted. ;-)

Last edited:

mjp2

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. I have wanted one since I first saw them. Of course they were expensive and hard to get then. Trouble is I don't buy brand new rigs, get them a couple of years old and drive them for 10 or more years. (my other ride is a 2002 F-350)

Now that they've been out a few years I started serious shopping. I wasn't willing to spend what everyone was asking for them so I put looking on the back burner until later.

The wife was car shopping for herself and there was a green Bronco parked a few cars away on the lot. She didn't buy her a car that day but she came home and told me "there's a good looking Bronco that you should look at". If my wife tells me a rig looks good, I listen to her. So the next morning I did, then I bought it. Low miles, great condition and I thought the price was fair compared to what I had been seeing when shopping before.

Don't worry, she found and bought the car she wanted. ;-)
I share your mentality in buying used vehicles and keeping them through several hundred thousand miles. I also think you're right on the price timing. The used market is coming back down to earth and there are some really nice rides available at (more) affordable prices.

Congrats on the new ride -- it's gorgeous!

Sponsored
OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Congrats, I think everyone's answered your question, I'd just make sure the price you paid didn't reflect the Sasquatch option. No offense, it's a base with an aftermarket lift/tires ... looks good but if they advertised it as a Sasquatch then you didn't get all you paid for. At the end of the day, if you're happy with it and the price you paid then no worries. Again, congrats!

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok. first Bronco, bought it about a week ago. The guy at the dealer knew a little about Broncos but not very much. He said the guy had a sasquatch package added after delivery.

What exactly does it have to have to be a "Sasquatch"? I've done some research but I'm not sure who to believe. This rig is lifted, bigger tires but does not have the 'hero' switches. I've seen aftermarket customizers call this type of package a Sasquatch but is it really?

Just want to hear from some guys that actually own Broncos.
Not the best photo but visual aids help.
potd_152517.jpg
jacked it up and put rubber onit is all ..not a sas

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

jeisfoto

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing to add that hasn’t been said but nice find! Green and bronze always look great. I too waited for some of the market craziness to subside before picking one up recently.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can't add true "Sasquatch" after market, it must come with that option when new. That said I wouldn't worry about it, you can add most or all of the stuff a Sasquatch package has, but like you pointed out you won't have the hero switches. You also may or may not have the advanced 4WD system, which in my opinion is better if you don't.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can't add true "Sasquatch" after market, it must come with that option when new. That said I wouldn't worry about it, you can add most or all of the stuff a Sasquatch package has, but like you pointed out you won't have the hero switches. You also may or may not have the advanced 4WD system, which in my opinion is better if you don't.
It's a Base trim, so it doesn't have Advanced (without sas).

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice Bronco! Its too bad they dropped the Base, it was the best value for those of us that don't want or need options on the higher models. I have no regrets going with Base, and still have the base wheels and tires. I hope the salesman wasn't trying to pass it as real Sasquatch to get a higher price -- but its a nice Bronco for sure.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just curious, why would you prefer not to have 4A? I really like mine.

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While it's true, all that counts is that you're happy but if the sales associate at my dealership mislead me like that, I'd be pissed.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice Bronco! Its too bad they dropped the Base, it was the best value for those of us that don't want or need options on the higher models.
MY '21.5 I started out with a manual base with only aux switches, I decided I wanted at least a rear locker, but I would have had to change trims and would have lost my price protection. Then, the next MY, Ford added the Sasquatch pkg availability to manual's and I was able to add both lockers and everything else for less than going aftermarket. AND, you get it all with a warranty and calibrated instruments.

After going to multiple events with Broncos, I saw the value in the Sasquatch pkg and I'm glad I added it. But I do like the bases's simplicity and I would just put 33" tires on your steelies if I hadn't upgraded.

I share your mentality in buying used vehicles and keeping them through several hundred thousand miles. I also think you're right on the price timing. The used market is coming back down to earth and there are some really nice rides available at (more) affordable prices.
Been my past MO, buy a 3-4 year old low miles off lease CPO's were my go to and drive for 10 years. But, I lucked out with price protection and my '23 was base price of $29,300 plus the three options, around $39K and you can't even get a base anymore. My '23 with Sasquatch, mod bumper & bash plates and aux switches was cheaper than just a base BB is today. And I got carpet & fabric if that's something you like; I know I do in sunny SoCal with trips to the desert.
Sponsored