Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine only ever goes off in totally harmless situations. It never goes off when I’d actually expect it to
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, it's annoying when you are riding the ass of some moron who doesn't know how left turns work or how to clear an intersection before the oncoming traffic gets there.

I set mine to "least sensitive" setting. Still goes off about once a month. Never had the assist come on, just the warning.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine has only gone off three times, maybe, in the year plus I've own my Bronco. Once was valid enough as I was accelerating "towards" a slow moving car as it was slowly pulling onto an off ramp. The other times were for no reason I saw. 🤷‍♂️ It's not big deal to me, I also am the only one in this state that knows how to drive so there is that.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, it's annoying when you are riding the ass of some moron who doesn't know how left turns work or how to clear an intersection before the oncoming traffic gets there.

I set mine to "least sensitive" setting. Still goes off about once a month. Never had the assist come on, just the warning.

I was just about to reply and say that even though I do not have a Bronco, yet, my wife has a 22 Timberline Explorer and you can change the "sensitivity" of it.

I have had it go off a couple of times now. I was paying attention but still got too close for it and it set off the warning, scaring the s$&t out of me. My first response was to yell at car, "What the hell did I do!!!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also, it may be like the Auto start/stop, you have to turn it off every time you start the car.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had mine go off twice-once I was tailgating someone at a light while accerating to make the light and the other time was some numbnuts slammed on their brakes to make a turn onto a side street.

I'm actually suprised it doesn't warn me more often then it does. I'm sometimes close to a car in front of me (I like to keep peoples taillights in my vision before they disappear under the hood as spacing) and think I don't have that much room to stop if they slam on their brakes

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm actually suprised it doesn't warn me more often then it does.
When I was turning mine off today, I noticed that you have the option to make it more sensitive. You could try that.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Saved me multiple times in an Escape.
I look out the side windows at the surroundings way too much.
My Bronco PCA goes off at weird times, seems buggy. But Ill keep it on as-is.

You can adjust the sensitivity in the menu.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just set it to LOW

How to Adjust Alert Sensitivity
From the Settings menu, select Driver Assist > Pre-Collision > Alert Sensitivity.

Choose between High, Normal and Low sensitivity settings.

Note: High means earlier, more frequent warnings. Low means fewer

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the robot nannies. I haven't got my Bronco yet, but I get false alarms every now and then on my Honda and it doesn't bother me in the least. I suggest leaving it on to see if you get accustomed to it.

PDock

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Mini Countryman, Ram 2500, FJ40, FJ60, Z3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are people assuming that your insurance company will have issue with utilizing the OEM-offered software to turn off a user-setting? To this end, if you fall into a ditch with traction control turned off, do you think they’ll say you’re SOL? It’s not even as bad as breaking a law (e.g. not fastening your seat belt or speeding). To my knowledge, there is not a law that you must leverage all safety features while driving your vehicle.

You are responsible for the operation of your vehicle whether you crash with a safety system enabled or disabled. And except in the most extreme situations, your insurance will cover you even if you were negligent.

Sponsored

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got a service engine soon light and a pre collision assist unavailable warning. It seems like it went into some sort of limp mode. It went back to normal after I was able to shut it down and restart it. I deleted the stored code in forscan, something in the APIM module. I had stability control disabled. I guess it's a nice feature but I don't appreciate it putting me into limp mode.

SumBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It engaged once as I was turning left across a few lanes of traffic. No thanks.

(And no, I didn't pull out in front of the oncoming traffic. I had plenty of space when I turned.)

RAC-Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
RAC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going for a gap in traffic, accelerated to get in front of the car to my left, then pulled over into the lane before I got too close to the car in front of me. .
Don't do that.

I've had mine go off during some spirited maneuvering. It really didn't like when I floored it through a light with the car in front of me on the other side of the light stopped.
Don't do that.

I was going down a rural highway and looking at the stereo..
Don't do that.

Don't do that.

I was accelerating "towards" a slow moving car as it was slowly pulling onto an off ramp.
Don't do that.

I was paying attention but still got too close for it and it set off the warning.
Don't do that.

I've had mine go off twice-once I was tailgating someone at a light while accerating to make the light and the other time was some numbnuts slammed on their brakes to make a turn onto a side street.
Don't do that.

I look out the side windows at the surroundings way too much.
Don't do that.

It engaged once as I was turning left across a few lanes of traffic.
Don't do that.

I'm guessing that more of you need this feature than you think.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs