Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I am still dealing with my Powertrain Malfunction, after 5 months of the dealer having it and a Ford engineer looking at it, they say it works just fine, but no one at Ford can explain why I got this code and lost power and brakes.

unnamed.png
Sponsored

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^ That's unbelievable to not have resolved after five months! I dropped mine off this morning. Hurry up and wait!

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got a call from the Dealer. They ordered a new "module" that's expected to be delivered tomorrow morning. He expects it to be replaced and ready to pickup tomorrow afternoon. He didn't have any further details to share but said he would...

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long story short, I picked her up today at 4:30pm with no extra lights on dash. Then this:

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power IMG_3427

The saga continues!

IMG_3426.jpeg

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a silly question; does anyone getting these faults drive with both feet, right foot on gas and left on brake? I had the fault “reduced power” come up once but it was when I was playing around in the snow, trying left-foot-braking to see if it would keep the boost up. It didn’t, instead I got the fault message. It didn’t seem to like the idea that I was on the gas and brake at the same time.

Just a thought…

Sponsored

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@RallyGorgo that’s an interesting thought, as I do often trail-brake but who doesn’t?

Caballo Verde

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX in Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Add my '22 OBX to this list. Only Less than 12k miles. Taking her in on Friday. What's odd with mine is there are no symptoms that I can tell. GOAT modes work, can shift to 4H and 4L and not feeling any reduction in power. Showed up right after I installed new wheels and updated Forscan. Don't think it is related though.

Have already had to deal with fault AC sensors and safety harness issues, thankfully covered by warranty

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to @pillar406 recommendation, they ordered a Transfer Case Range Sensor that will hopefully be delivered on Monday and get me back on the road same day. Hurry up and wait...

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks to @pillar406 recommendation, they ordered a Transfer Case Range Sensor that will hopefully be delivered on Monday and get me back on the road same day. Hurry up and wait...
Hey I'm glad I could help. Hopefully that will be end of this saga. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Porthos06

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same 2 errors occurred to me today. 23 OBX with 12k miles. Bronco wasnt even running, I was sitting in it with the engine off when I got the alerts on my phone. We were less than 2 miles from a dealer but Service was closed for the weekend. So we headed home. Performance was not effected at all, no new noises or weirdness. GOAT modes were able to be changed with no issues. Last software update was 3/29 and was the Ford Power Up 6.1.0. Totally stock, never taken offroad (yet!). So I'm gonna let it sit overnight and go from there.

UPDATE - Started it up today and the Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power Mode (wrench light) went away. Received the same (Updated time/date) - Engine Service Soon (Engine Light) Warning shortly after taking a lap around the block. "The engine control system has detected that the turbocharger wastegate may stuck closed and to request service to prevent possible system damage".

Again, seems to drive fine. I did read another thread on here about a similar issue and unplugging the battery for 5-10 minutes made the error clear too. Either way its going into the dealer in the AM.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

USMC2262

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same 2 errors occurred to me today. 23 OBX with 12k miles. Bronco wasnt even running, I was sitting in it with the engine off when I got the alerts on my phone. We were less than 2 miles from a dealer but Service was closed for the weekend. So we headed home. Performance was not effected at all, no new noises or weirdness. GOAT modes were able to be changed with no issues. Last software update was 3/29 and was the Ford Power Up 6.1.0. Totally stock, never taken offroad (yet!). So I'm gonna let it sit overnight and go from there.

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a call from Dealer last Friday afternoon that she was ready to be picked up. I'm not (yet) certain of everything that was done but after >200miles over the weekend, no issues to report!

Reactions: 0ne

Caballo Verde

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX in Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Add my '22 OBX to this list. Only Less than 12k miles. Taking her in on Friday. What's odd with mine is there are no symptoms that I can tell. GOAT modes work, can shift to 4H and 4L and not feeling any reduction in power. Showed up right after I installed new wheels and updated Forscan. Don't think it is related though.

Have already had to deal with fault AC sensors and safety harness issues, thankfully covered by warranty

Update: Dealership came back saying it was a result of me changing the tire size after putting new wheels and larger tires on. They updated to a (hopefully) more accurate size and the alert was solved.