CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Time to have a new transmission put in. Start again with clean transmission fluid.. 😂
The problem is that the local dealers will not replace a transmission while "chasing ghosts". If it cannot be replicated, it will be a tough sell.
Sponsored

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curiously enough, I thought the problem was resolved after the reprogramming, but it happened yesterday morning after pulling away from a stop sign. It became stuck in second. I had to shift to manual and back to drive and it began shifting normally.

Did yours remain stuck in 3rd to be able to show the dealer or is it intermittent?
I assume it misbehaved or threw a code for the tech.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I assume it misbehaved or threw a code for the tech.
Yeah...no codes for me so I will have to live with it until it completely wigs out.

Makes me hesitant to install my new transmission pan now though...Ford needs no reason not to do the correct thing on this.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes they installed a new transmission and so far it’s running well

Sponsored
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes they installed a new transmission and so far it’s running well
How long did it take?

Mine has repeated the no upshift issue, but I also noticed it have developed a whine that increases with RPM. Something is definitely off.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took about two weeks to get the transmission and two days to install.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took about two weeks to get the transmission and two days to install.
First, I have to convince the dealer that something is "wrong enough" to require a replacement. I wish the #(%& thing would just hang in gear and stay there.

Thanks for the update!

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Time to have a new transmission put in. Start again with clean transmission fluid.. 😂
Pretty sure that is where I am headed. It repeated the no shift thing again and it is now whining. It never did that before so something is definitely wrong. I wanted to take a road trip but now I don't trust the forking thing...

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Heading back into the local dealer today for them to check out my 10R60--they do not seem to have much experience with them. A few surrounding dealers have a 2+ month wait and that is you dropping your vehicle and leaving with the dealer for that amount of time (really?, no list you can join?) before they can even look at it. I should probably just drive it over to @Ducati1098's dealership and leave it with him and fly home.

The issues continue (with no codes being thrown--of course!):

- periodically will not upshift from 2nd gear and you have to put it in park and start over or shift from D to M and back to D for it to shift normally.

- a slight whine that increases with speed.

- recently running hotter than it has previously with no change in driving conditions.

9,702 miles with no off-roading at this point. I do not trust it to drive anywhere too far so I hope they find "something" that prompts a repair or replacement.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heading back into the local dealer today for them to check out my 10R60--they do not seem to have much experience with them. A few surrounding dealers have a 2+ month wait and that is you dropping your vehicle and leaving with the dealer for that amount of time (really?, no list you can join?) before they can even look at it. I should probably just drive it over to @Ducati1098's dealership and leave it with him and fly home.
lol you're more than welcome to. I'm backed up as much as anyone else, but I don't make my customers wait months for a diagnosis. I'm pretty good at triaging concerns to give them an idea of what the repair will involve. After that though it can sometimes take a little while depending on the diagnosis to repair just because I have a long line.

Hopefully they are able to duplicate your concerns and figure out some type of repair direction!

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lol you're more than welcome to. I'm backed up as much as anyone else, but I don't make my customers wait months for a diagnosis. I'm pretty good at triaging concerns to give them an idea of what the repair will involve. After that though it can sometimes take a little while depending on the diagnosis to repair just because I have a long line.

Hopefully they are able to duplicate your concerns and figure out some type of repair direction!
As expected, nothing found. Fluid level is good, there are no leaks, and no codes. The whine he attributed to the pump which has a chain drive versus a gear. Not sure that I buy that one since it only recently started whining.

But, basically, drive it like you stole it until it fails. I have a 6Y/100K warranty, so I am going to "fahgeddaboutit" for now.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As expected, nothing found. Fluid level is good, there are no leaks, and no codes. The whine he attributed to the pump which has a chain drive versus a gear. Not sure that I buy that one since it only recently started whining.

But, basically, drive it like you stole it until it fails. I have a 6Y/100K warranty, so I am going to "fahgeddaboutit" for now.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Oof.. If they said there was a chain, they definitely don't know what they're talking about lol
The normal 10 speed whine/gear noise is because of the straight cut gear on the pump. They do not have a chain anywhere in them.
That being said if you have a noticeable different whining noise that started happening later on, it could certainly be something unrelated to that.

Either way, sorry to hear they were unable to duplicate anything. If something is wrong it will likely get worse sooner than later, so I think you'll be fine with the 6 year/100k warranty that you have.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had some wierd shifting mainly in 4low off-road. When going down a steep hill the tranny and applying the brake the engine would down shift normally but then the engine rpm skyrocket and the bronco would lurch forward. It seemed like a programming issue because when I was in manual mode it didn’t do it. Long story short, got the ford procal tune shortly afterwards and the problem went away with the shifting issues. Transmission shifts way smoother! Plus more power is icing on the cake. 🎂
Sponsored