Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, coming from GM stuff and HPTuners, this thing is ok I guess. You get a little more boots, it comes on earlier for sure, but reading these gauges is weird man. Sometimes it’s going -tdc timing. Which is weird. I’m using 91 octane and an octane booster. Granted the logs and gauges aren’t what I’m used to seeing on my HP stuff, but this is a weird setup. Seems like it runs a bit lean and then sacrifices a lot of timing to keep things safe. 100% that’s for emissions.

also, anyone hear the wastegate actuating when at full throttle in the mid to upper RPM range? It sounds like the old 2step or “launch control” on factory turbo cars for a sec. Kinda weird. At first I thought it was knock, but it’s for sure wastegate opening and bypassing pre turbine pressure, sounds weird. Wonder if my turbo is about to fail or something. I’ve had this in for about 1k miles.

100% of why I bought this is so I can go to the locking FDU and a 74 weld billet rack with the hoss 3.0 guts. you can program those options with the pro-cal,

Sponsored

BurlyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch Manual Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently had the FP Tune installed on my 22 7MT Badlands 2.3L and i absolutely love the result. Better feel all around, better power when towing, better mpg (slightly) and the auto rev matching is fantastic. Overall, I’m super pleased with the results for the price!

HOWEVER, I was hoping for some feedback about a possible concern. Since the tune, I notice a bit of burble/pops at idle and in first gear. It’s especially noticeable in first if I go about 15-20mph and then decelerate to a stop. I am assuming it’s normal (just burning off excess fuel) but was just curious if this was something unique that I should be concerned with. Possible install issue or otherwise?

Can anyone else with the tune confirm if they have burble/pops/cracks at ideal and low gears? It’s important to note that I have the AWE OFG exhaust installed so it’s far more noticeable than stock

ctskier

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands 7 Speed (June 2024)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone hearing about the 2024?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently had the FP Tune installed on my 22 7MT Badlands 2.3L and i absolutely love the result. Better feel all around, better power when towing, better mpg (slightly) and the auto rev matching is fantastic. Overall, I’m super pleased with the results for the price!

HOWEVER, I was hoping for some feedback about a possible concern. Since the tune, I notice a bit of burble/pops at idle and in first gear. It’s especially noticeable in first if I go about 15-20mph and then decelerate to a stop. I am assuming it’s normal (just burning off excess fuel) but was just curious if this was something unique that I should be concerned with. Possible install issue or otherwise?

Can anyone else with the tune confirm if they have burble/pops/cracks at ideal and low gears? It’s important to note that I have the AWE OFG exhaust installed so it’s far more noticeable than stock
A little seems normal, especially with your exhaust. I have the Procal and Borla Touring Climber. I get burbles on decel, not so much pops or cracks.

BurlyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch Manual Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little seems normal, especially with your exhaust. I have the Procal and Borla Touring Climber. I get burbles on decel, not so much pops or cracks.
Thank you for the quick reply! That’s about what I figured but I really didn’t notice it the first week or so which had me worried it was a new problem. A little reassurance was all I needed lol

Keith J.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since we did the release of the all new Ford Performance calibration for the 2.3L a few weeks ago and our customers are now just getting to install them we'd love to get everyones feedback on them.

Please post your reviews as well as any pics, videos and info regarding your new device and calibration from Ford Performance in here. I'm especially curious to hear from the 2.3L 7MT owners and how the rev match is working for you. Maybe those who are running them can post some cool content on how it works for us.

Thanks!
m-12655-f_3.jpg
Still waiting on the 2024 calibration. One day it will be here.

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the quick reply! That’s about what I figured but I really didn’t notice it the first week or so which had me worried it was a new problem. A little reassurance was all I needed lol
Pretty much the same here, no pops or anything. I have intake and exhaust too. Sounds more like very mild cams, I almost want a bit more of it haha.
Sponsored