William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ve seen a lot of mixed reviews on painting the top. What kind of shop would paint it the correct way? Thanks for the help.
There's been a few threads asking and showing about painted tops, never have seen a negative review from someone that actually did it though. As for who can do it? Don't know, I'd do your homework on whatever shops are around you but would think it's all about the prep and prep costs money so I would expect to pay for a quality result. As an alternative you can get it wrapped, @BudgetBronco wrapped his own and there's a video out on it, looked good for his first time and I think he only had minor issues with some peeling on the edges so there's that option out there for you as well if you have the ability.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this the same roof as the HE, but just black? Do the rear side window pop out like on the HE?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is this the same roof as the HE, but just black? Do the rear side window pop out like on the HE?
It's supposedly a different manufacturer, Webasto makes the current HE mod tops, don't know who the new company is. If you look closely at the pics you can see the inside of the new tops are a different color than what we got in the HE tops, new tops look white and finished, my HE top is gray/white/black mix of gray and looks unfinished. Also the new tops have a different sound deadening with removable, magnetic pieces, on the HE they're glued on like the MIC tops. Functionally they should be the same, haven't seen anything from Ford stating removable rear windows but nothing stating they're not and since the V2 mod top is only for the four doors there is no gunners hatch.

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Talk to your dealer, if you have an order but no build date or VIN then I don't see why you couldn't modify you order. @FordVideoGuy talked a little about this on his last video, if you make changes to your order for certain things that were price adjusted in Job 2 then adding something like the Shadow Black v2 mod top would trickle down to the new prices for all. I'll let me correct me if I'm wrong on that.
100% correct. I did figure out that the Hard Top with the sound deadening is the same order code as for Job 1 and Job 2 so if you had that option on an unscheduled order, you would be price protected (as long as the dealer actually cares to do the right thing). But if you make any adds or changes to add any new Job 2 options then you will be on the new price level and would get the current pricing on all options and packages.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is haha, Watch this vid
OHH, like literally it's a panel held in by magnets - very interesting. Guess it makes install much easier than the adhesive setup on MIC tops.

It's supposedly a different manufacturer, Webasto makes the current HE mod tops, don't know who the new company is. If you look closely at the pics you can see the inside of the new tops are a different color than what we got in the HE tops, new tops look white and finished, my HE top is gray/white/black mix of gray and looks unfinished. Also the new tops have a different sound deadening with removable, magnetic pieces, on the HE they're glued on like the MIC tops. Functionally they should be the same, haven't seen anything from Ford stating removable rear windows but nothing stating they're not and since the V2 mod top is only for the four doors there is no gunners hatch.
The video posted a few pages earlier showed the removable rear windows, and you could clearly see the extra vertical mounting "bars" with release clips on the front and rear of the window

Ford Bronco New MOD Painted Hardtop Roof Option available starting Job 2 1714760741254-t1

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How do you like your top, specifically the removable rear windows?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OHH, like literally it's a panel held in by magnets - very interesting. Guess it makes install much easier than the adhesive setup on MIC tops.

The video posted a few pages earlier showed the removable rear windows, and you could clearly see the extra vertical mounting "bars" with release clips on the front and rear of the window

Ford Bronco New MOD Painted Hardtop Roof Option available starting Job 2 1714760741254-t1
Yes! It’s super nice!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How do you like your top, specifically the removable rear windows?
I haven't even taken the front hatches off of mine yet much less the rear windows. I still wonder why Ford didn't just make a rear slider for ventilation, a removable rear window is just asking for trouble.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looking over the video, the V2 tops look much nicer than what's in the HEs, more finished but the sound deadening panels look a bit odd with less coverage than the glued in ones. Wonder what the accessory ready spots are going to add, the HE mod tops don't have that either.

Xrayphoton1

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Looking over the video, the V2 tops look much nicer than what's in the HEs, more finished but the sound deadening panels look a bit odd with less coverage than the glued in ones. Wonder what the accessory ready spots are going to add, the HE mod tops don't have that either.
I don't think they look much nicer than what's in the HE, just different. I came from a jeep and personally I love the black interior of the top on my HE compared to the white in my jeep. White on the inside just gives me this unfinished feeling I'm not a fan of

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What a pity this option is only for 4 door, I'd love to spec a top with removable windows for my 2 door Badlands MT order
An HE-L is just a fancied up Badlands ... no manual though, the standard HE is available in manual but only mid package. Bad news is you can't order either but hunts the lots if you want the mod top in a two door.

Dangler

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What a pity this option is only for 4 door, I'd love to spec a top with removable windows for my 2 door Badlands MT order
Yep, another major negative for me. If Ford doesn’t offer the MOD top for a 2 door as part of a (speculative?) 2025 refresh, I’m gonna be really disappointed and still without a Bronco after 4+ years of waiting to be able to order exactly what I want.

Amochosto

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P-car/Merc 2 Door Badlands 7 spd on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An HE-L is just a fancied up Badlands ... no manual though, the standard HE is available in manual but only mid package. Bad news is you can't order either but hunts the lots if you want the mod top in a two door.
I was thinking about a HE, but I have decided for my build, for on road performance and personal aesthetics, a Badlands with no Sasquatch is as much tire/ride height as I want.

Ordering a Bronco has proven to be a bit challenging, Manual Transmission? Sure, but if you want it on this trim level you can't get the locking diff, if you want it on that trim level, you can't get the gearing you want. Sure you can get it on this one, but you also need the Sasquatch.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was thinking about a HE, but I have decided for my build, for on road performance and personal aesthetics, a Badlands with no Sasquatch is as much tire/ride height as I want.

Ordering a Bronco has proven to be a bit challenging, Manual Transmission? Sure, but if you want it on this trim level you can't get the locking diff, if you want it on that trim level, you can't get the gearing you want. Sure you can get it on this one, but you also need the Sasquatch.
Yep, back at the beginning I went round and round with options and trims. Had the then available black mod top on a loaded BD but also had a standard BL with high package that I ultimately cancelled and then 99d the BD until Ford offered the HE. I do wish they'd done the HE as a BD vice a BB with Sasquatch. Happy with what I got but would have been nice to have options a la carte vice trim levels to get everything in one shot.
Sponsored