Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes if you want black, Raptor gets body color option as well. For the special trims, HEs still get white mod only and the Everglades stays MIC only.
I can add a body color top to a 4dr badlands and it looks like everglades has them standard
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I can add a body color top to a 4dr badlands and it looks like everglades has them standard
I don't see that on build and price, are you sure you're not confusing MIC, which is molded in color with that color actually being gray with body color which is whatever paint color you choose? Everything I've read and seen show only the Raptor getting the body color option and the lesser 4 door trims getting the option only for the shadow black or the MIC minus the Everglades and HEs.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But is there any confirmation that the outer skin of the MOD top is different than the standard top? Otherwise the MOD top will likely have the same issues of outer skin cracking as the standard top.
It was published long ago that the MOD top would have a different outer shell. Anyone who has seen a HE MOD top in person can look at it and easily tell it is indeed different.

Ford Bronco New MOD Painted Hardtop Roof Option available starting Job 2 1714568153497-od

Last edited:

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like the "rock stars" are at it again!
Check out the new Heritage Limited Addition :teehee:

Ford Bronco New MOD Painted Hardtop Roof Option available starting Job 2 1714598192407-9j

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I misremembering or didn’t Ford advertise this in 2020 with the roll-out. I remember all of the “turret” jokes. I know they blamed Webasto yada-yada, but this is like 4 years late.

Just for reference, the Trans Continental Railroad took 6 years to build in the 1860’s. And we were pumping out Battleships in like 6 months in the 1910’s. I know it’s apples to oranges, but cmon Ford, your yearly revenue is like $175B with $25B in profit…do better.
Dude, the Standards ran 3-4 years from keel laydown to commission, and they spent 18-24 of those months pre-launch. And the transcontinental railroad was built using exploitive labour practices that valued line progression over human lives.

Maybe you're talking about the Liberty Ships? Which still took a year or better to build and ship the components to the yard for assembly. That, at least, is a sort of comparison to Ford dealing with vendors because if a vendor didn't produce a part in time, the boat did commission schedule.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was published long ago that the MOD top would have a different outer shell. Anyone who has seen a HE MOD top in person can look at it and easily tell it is indeed different.

Ford Bronco New MOD Painted Hardtop Roof Option available starting Job 2 1714598192407-9j
Good info. Will be interesting to see over time, how the SMC holds up compared to the POM. (My bet is better, how could it be worse.) Unfortunate about the exterior appearance though, personal preference but I prefer the MIC look to gloss black.

Check this out about POM from the article link below. Doesn't seem to be the case with some Broncos: "POM-C Polyacetal sheets have high resistance to solvents and very high resistance to stress cracks."

https://www.gteek.com/polyacetal-sheets-pom-c

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, the Standards ran 3-4 years from keel laydown to commission, and they spent 18-24 of those months pre-launch. And the transcontinental railroad was built using exploitive labour practices that valued line progression over human lives.

Maybe you're talking about the Liberty Ships? Which still took a year or better to build and ship the components to the yard for assembly. That, at least, is a sort of comparison to Ford dealing with vendors because if a vendor didn't produce a part in time, the boat did commission schedule.
My statement came from the construction of the HMS Dreadnought, laid down to launch was like 5 months, and i thought I had read something about the New York-class Battleships being built in 6 months, but can't find what I was referring to now, seems it was closer to 13 months. I know there is more to do once they're launched, but was making a point for comedic effect. Thanks for the corrections though. I still think Ford could do better.

I'm definitely not comparing labor practices to the standards we have now, a lot of suffering has been caused by magnates taking advantage of the working-class and I was in no way trying to diminish their sacrifice.

Just to add; Ford doesn't seem to have stopped exploiting its employees considering how many labor strikes at their assembly plants have delayed build dates. As I said before, I know its apples to oranges, but Ford could make a lot of improvements to supply chains and labor conditions before the profits of shareholders and the golden-parachutes were affected.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

If you look at the B&P you will see a MIC in carburized gray, another Molded-in-color option which I assume is the color of the vehicle, and a painted black MOD top. If you select the non-carburized gray MIC top, the graphic shown has no top. The top options look like they are the same across all trims. If the molded-in-color option does match the body paint, this means it will have a flat finish.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you look at the B&P you will see a MIC in carburized gray, another Molded-in-color option which I assume is the color of the vehicle, and a painted black MOD top. If you select the non-carburized gray MIC top, the graphic shown has no top. The top options look like they are the same across all trims. If the molded-in-color option does match the body paint, this means it will have a flat finish.
You have two MIC choices, with or without sound deadening ... that's the two you're seeing and both are the same color gray we've been getting since '21. The new Shadow Black mod v2 top is painted black, not molded in color and is available on four doors as an option except on the HE and Everglades. The Raptor is the only one that gets the body-color mod v2 top which means the top and body are the same colors.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You have two MIC choices, with or without sound deadening ... that's the two you're seeing and both are the same color gray we've been getting since '21. The new Shadow Black mod v2 top is painted black, not molded in color and is available on four doors as an option except on the HE and Everglades. The Raptor is the only one that gets the body-color mod v2 top which means the top and body are the same colors.
They should list it that way in the B&P. They call out carburized grey MIC on one, but not the other, when in reality both are carburized grey. The B&P should read MIC w/headliner or MIC without headliner. That would make sense since they are different prices. Also when you select the top without the headliner, the photo shows a topless Bronco. Someone not familiar with Ford's B&P could easily be confused by all of this.
Sponsored