ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My first post here, so Hello all! Hate it has to start like this, but here goes.

Purchased a beautiful, Azure Blue Wildtrak earlier this month. Drove home after completing all the paperwork, and took my wife & son for a quick ride. Spent the next hr or so getting to know it, going through all of the menus, checking out all the features, etc. Before calling it a night, I decided to crawl underneath the truck to check out the suspension and drive train.

That's when I noticed this:
Ford Bronco New Bronco issue found 2hrs after bringing it home - CV boot shredded 1713818476742-70

This was close to where the driveshaft meets the transfer case. As you can see, part of the boot is shredded. Thick lube had splattered over everything nearby, including parts of the exhaust system where it had really baked on. Went to bed in disgust. Really crazy to have this on a new, nearly $70K vehicle within hrs of purchase.

There is a happy ending though, I took that vehicle back to the dealer and they agreed to let me swap it out for another similar wildtrak. They were going to repair it, but it would have meant my new Bronco would've spent it's first week in the shop, while I drove a loaner. Not the end of the world, but a pretty big, new car buzzkill. My bigger worry was what else might go wrong with a vehicle that had such a serious issue within hrs of driving it off the lot. The mechanics were planning to replace the entire drive shaft, but I decided I just wanted a completely different vehicle. Went Black and haven't looked back! Had the new one out on the trail, 2 days later, and so far no issues (least nothing serious). I do give credit to the dealer, they didn't balk at all at my request for a swap. Ford, on the other hand....

1713819094891-zh.jpg
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s no consolation, but that’s the first I’ve seen something like this on a new vehicle. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were used for test drives before you bought it considering the dealer’s willingness to exchange it for you.

I feel you on expecting the quality to be better considering the price you payed, but before anyone else says it; it’s not a $70k vehicle, it’s a $40k vehicle with $30k in options, so it’s better to adjust your expectations than expect a Lexus experience.

TS0323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walking
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad it all ended up working out. Also gotta say I love your username

OP
OP
ATLien

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s no consolation, but that’s the first I’ve seen something like this on a new vehicle. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were used for test drives before you bought it considering the dealer’s willingness to exchange it for you.

I feel you on expecting the quality to be better considering the price you payed, but before anyone else says it; it’s not a $70k vehicle, it’s a $40k vehicle with $30k in options, so it’s better to adjust your expectations than expect a Lexus experience.
The mechanic said the same thing, he'd never seen that happen on a new vehicle.

Regardless of the price, there's no excuse for that kind of problem on a new vehicle. I wouldn't consider expecting any new vehicle to be sound and without major, obvious defects to be a 'Lexus' experience. Ford can, and should do better.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh. We had a new sedan delivered off the car hauler with a busted radiator.
Crap happens.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Things happen that shouldn’t…guess it’s life. Your dealer sounds pretty solid for sure!!

Hell, Ford bought my Bronco back, I had it home for only 9 days. Sat at the dealer for almost 2 months after that. Ford couldn’t fix the electronic demons possessing it. Temp plate even had 666 in the middle of tag number so it was doomed from the git go.

Ordered another just like it and I’m loving it.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My first post here, so Hello all! Hate it has to start like this, but here goes.

Purchased a beautiful, Azure Blue Wildtrak earlier this month. Drove home after completing all the paperwork, and took my wife & son for a quick ride. Spent the next hr or so getting to know it, going through all of the menus, checking out all the features, etc. Before calling it a night, I decided to crawl underneath the truck to check out the suspension and drive train.

Ford Bronco New Bronco issue found 2hrs after bringing it home - CV boot shredded 1713822572031-4y

This was close to where the driveshaft meets the transfer case. As you can see, part of the boot is shredded. Thick lube had splattered over everything nearby, including parts of the exhaust system where it had really baked on. Went to bed in disgust. Really crazy to have this on a new, nearly $70K vehicle within hrs of purchase.

There is a happy ending though, I took that vehicle back to the dealer and they agreed to let me swap it out for another similar wildtrak. They were going to repair it, but it would have meant my new Bronco would've spent it's first week in the shop, while I drove a loaner. Not the end of the world, but a pretty big, new car buzzkill. My bigger worry was what else might go wrong with a vehicle that had such a serious issue within hrs of driving it off the lot. The mechanics were planning to replace the entire drive shaft, but I decided I just wanted a completely different vehicle. Went Black and haven't looked back! Had the new one out on the trail, 2 days later, and so far no issues (least nothing serious). I do give credit to the dealer, they didn't balk at all at my request for a swap. Ford, on the other hand....

Ford Bronco New Bronco issue found 2hrs after bringing it home - CV boot shredded 1713822572031-4y
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Proof right here that our little Ford account here doesn't read anything on this message board, at least not closely.

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Lol! 2hrs after bringing it home is way too soon to find some issues!

OP
OP
ATLien

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the follow up here! I actually took the problem vehicle back to the dealer and ended up swapping for another. The 2nd Wildtrak has been just fine (knock wood)! I will also add again, that my dealer was great through this, so no issue on their side. Also can't be sure where in the process this issue occurred. Could've been initial quality defect from Ford, maybe damaged in shipping, or abused on the dealer lot. In any case, not much else to share than what's already here.

E102779

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They told me two days ago that I had a cut driveshaft boot and it probably was done during the manufacturing process and it was spitting grease out all over the place in the car started smoking on my test drive.
Ordered in July 1923 re-ordered in January 2024 just got it in last week was on my test drive 24 badlands Sasquatch four-door.
Sponsored