First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sounds like a good plan having a mechanic check it out and drive it. I would guess the dealer doesn't want to deal with the alignment and worn tire issues and would just give a discount for that. But you might want to look into a shop that can at least do a good alignment, remove spacers if they are there and rotate tires front to rear before you try an 11 hour drive home. I bought a 2009 Silverado from a Toyota dealer with a lift and the front tires were worn and scalloped so bad you could take your foot off the gas pedal and the truck would stop itself! I only had to drive and 1-1/2 hours home but even that was a nightmare. I ended up putting new tires on and doing an alignment myself (lots of little adjustments) and it drove great and wore tires well after that.

Ford Bronco Moving Up in the World 36274168559_364911157_IM1_03_565x421_A_562x421

Ford Bronco Moving Up in the World Silverado_2009a
Sponsored

BRONCO_MARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go for it! (And let us know what you decide.)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer said the mechanic is welcome to come look at it on the lot and test drive it, but won't allow them to take it to the shop. My mechanic says that's an immediate red flag, but he's going to sleep on how to make the most of the time he's allowed on the lot. Thoughts?
Don't know if this is going to make any difference as the dealer should've already done a used car inspection and either fixed which is in the cost or have a list of needed items. I'd definitely make sure they perform the two open recalls if not already done and ask them to update all of the modules in the vehicle to current software levels (see below).

Ford Bronco Moving Up in the World 1716292582259-5

Next thing to consider is purchasing a Ford extended service plan (comprehensive) if they can't transfer the previous owner's. Take into account how much driving you do and how long you intend to keep it. That said, Ford can only be used at the dealer, something like Zurich can be used at most dealers or independents. There are a ton of super sketchy warranty companies out there so be cautious. The modifications may impact how the warranty is handled from dealer to dealer, shop to shop. Where ever you service, talk to them about their policy on modifications. An aftermarket bumper isn't going to cause a window motor to go out or oversize tires to kill an APIM.

Regardless of the effort going into research there's always going to be things that pop up that can't be planned for. Based on the volume of recalls coming out on the Sports right now upgrading to something else is probably a reasonable undertaking.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sounds like a good plan having a mechanic check it out and drive it. I would guess the dealer doesn't want to deal with the alignment and worn tire issues and would just give a discount for that. But you might want to look into a shop that can at least do a good alignment, remove spacers if they are there and rotate tires front to rear before you try an 11 hour drive home. I bought a 2009 Silverado from a Toyota dealer with a lift and the front tires were worn and scalloped so bad you could take your foot off the gas pedal and the truck would stop itself! I only had to drive and 1-1/2 hours home but even that was a nightmare. I ended up putting new tires on and doing an alignment myself (lots of little adjustments) and it drove great and wore tires well after that.

36274168559_364911157_IM1_03_565x421_A_562x421.jpg

Silverado_2009a.jpg
Really, really nice truck!!!! My wife has a 2013, 2WD with 4.8 V8. She's had it since 2014 and loves it more than our 2022 Bronco. I installed MBRB CAT back and it sounds so good. It's giving us brake headaches, from bad shops working on it more than anything else. She won't trade or sell it no matter what........

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I did enough homework to make them nervous. They're ghosting me and dropped the price on their website by another couple hundred bucks. I tried calling yesterday to see if they'd run my credit and ask when my mechanic could come test drive it, but they never answered. I may have dodged a bullet.

Oh well. I'm going to work with my trusted local Ford dealer to find one. They've got a used 2021 4 door BL with Lux and Tow on their lot right now for $40k and offered me way more for my trade than the Toyota dealer, but unfortunately it's not a color I really like. Anyone have experience with wraps? I have no idea what that would even cost for a vehicle as big as the Bronco.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My local Ford dealer has used Broncos roll through their lot regularly. They sell pretty quick but there's always more coming.

Just wait and watch for what you want.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

glad your diligence seems to be paying off, sounds like your better off with another dealer and a closer to stock bronco to start with

good thing is it's a buyers market, you'll find the one you want at a good price

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think I did enough homework to make them nervous. They're ghosting me and dropped the price on their website by another couple hundred bucks. I tried calling yesterday to see if they'd run my credit and ask when my mechanic could come test drive it, but they never answered. I may have dodged a bullet.

Oh well. I'm going to work with my trusted local Ford dealer to find one. They've got a used 2021 4 door BL with Lux and Tow on their lot right now for $40k and offered me way more for my trade than the Toyota dealer, but unfortunately it's not a color I really like. Anyone have experience with wraps? I have no idea what that would even cost for a vehicle as big as the Bronco.
What's the color? There's lots of stripe kits and custom things you can do without a full wrap. Wraps aren't a forever thing, I'd guess at least 5k for something interesting to make it your own from a reputable shop but call around and see.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
glad your diligence seems to be paying off, sounds like your better off with another dealer and a closer to stock bronco to start with

good thing is it's a buyers market, you'll find the one you want at a good price
I've already got a few more leads that are close enough to home to actually test drive. I'll be shopping around a little this weekend. Looking forward to getting behind the wheel of a few different trims and options!

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the color? There's lots of stripe kits and custom things you can do without a full wrap. Wraps aren't a forever thing, I'd guess at least 5k for something interesting to make it your own from a reputable shop but call around and see.
Antimatter Blue. I really prefer bright colors on my vehicles, with Velocity Blue being my favorite.

Sponsored

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
VB was my color preference but when I sold my Silverado last year, I had to scramble just to find a 2 door Sas for msrp and settled for my Cactus Gray truck. I'm getting used to the color and I've done a few mods to make it worth keeping. Now that you have time, test drive a 4 cyl vs the V6 and a 2 door vs 4 door. I never had a chance to test drive anything but this truck drives really similar to all the reg cab short bed trucks I've had so it was no big deal.

Ford Bronco Moving Up in the World Bronco_phone3

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that you have time, test drive a 4 cyl vs the V6 and a 2 door vs 4 door.
That's what I'll be doing on Friday. My LFD has a 2.7L 4 door, a 2.3L 4 door, and a 2.3L 2 door.

I like the look of the 2 door more, but I'm the usual driver for work lunches and outings with friends. They love my Sport so much they always ask me to drive, so I imagine it'll happen even more with a full size. Plus, my spoiled pup demands easy access to a backseat since we always lift her into the car to avoid scratches. Logistically, my life would be easier with the 4 door, but the 2 door is so much cooler.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Antimatter Blue. I really prefer bright colors on my vehicles, with Velocity Blue being my favorite.
Velocity Blue was my original order color choice but ended up with Azure Gray three years later with my Heritage. AMB is a pretty rare one year only color so it holds special place to some here, so much so that a thread where someone painted one Grabber Blue got a bit of riding over it. Why I originally asked was to point you to the photo thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/antimatter-blue-bronco-club.18399/ so you could see what others have done with theirs but sounds like you have some other color and door options so that's good!

I'm team 2-door, and you posted that you're the one that always drives now but a two door is easy enough to climb in the back if someone wants a ride, if not then they can drive themselves. 😉

Anyrate, good luck in your search, definitely drive all three at the dealer and let us know which you pick.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That's what I'll be doing on Friday. My LFD has a 2.7L 4 door, a 2.3L 4 door, and a 2.3L 2 door.

I like the look of the 2 door more, but I'm the usual driver for work lunches and outings with friends. They love my Sport so much they always ask me to drive, so I imagine it'll happen even more with a full size. Plus, my spoiled pup demands easy access to a backseat since we always lift her into the car to avoid scratches. Logistically, my life would be easier with the 4 door, but the 2 door is so much cooler.
Kris, the 2 door is way cooler looking but I can tell you from experience, getting people in back of this is a pain and if they are a bit wide, next to impossible. You know me on the sport forum (different name) and I have both. The Sport is much better from the getting people in and out but the 2 door is way more fun to drive. As you say more smiles per mile and honestly not that much difference in gas mileage as people say. I’m getting 19ish with the 2 door and 23ish with the Sport.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They've got a used 2021 4 door BL with Lux and Tow on their lot right now for $40k and offered me way more for my trade than the Toyota dealer, but unfortunately it's not a color I really like. Anyone have experience with wraps? I have no idea what that would even cost for a vehicle as big as the Bronco.
Well, shoot. If that was a 2-dr, it would be considered a unicorn. It was already mentioned that AMB was a 1-year color. But there was only 6 months of production for that model year. In addition, any Bronco with LUX for MY'21 are in short supply as the reasoning for delayed production was due to chip constraints. Add in the factory Tow package (not dealer installed, but shows on the window sticker), makes that Bronco a very limited build.
Sponsored