Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm seeing the exact same results in my '23 BB Sas, 2.7 4dr. Picked it up in early May, was averaging just over 400 miles of range and 19.2 mpg up until December. I just took a 1200 miles trip, all interstate, using the cruise and holding to 75 mph. 17.6 mpg. I was thinking maybe some headwinds, but it was the same in both directions and all in Florida so elevation and hills not an issue. I'm not particular to brand of gas but have run nothing but 92-93 premium and Castrol Syntec 5w-30 in the sump. May be turbocharged engines are more sensitive to the fuel formulations for winter?
I'm in Texas so our weather is nearly the same, maybe more "cold spells" here.

80% of the 4600 miles are highway miles on cruise control. I saw the change maybe within the last month.
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is also a somewhat common thread on reddit for the Bronco sub there too recently.

I noticed the drop in estimated range a lot more in the Spark than the Bronco.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, I just filled up today for the first time in a month. I do lots of short drives so I never really get things up to temp very often but my usual 18 mpg had dropped to 16.25 in Dec which wasn't overly cold but now in Jan it's down to 15 mpg with some solid cold weather! That's kind of what I expect out of a truck with 35's in winter but the change was pretty sudden over 2 months. It's still 1.5 mpg better than my old 2013 4cyl Tacoma with 33's got in the winter so that's impressive, but a bummer compared to the usual 18 (it got 21 mpg on longer drives in the summer). The computer was off by almost 1.5 mpg when it's usually within .3-.5 mpg compared to actual. I guess the good news is that we're probably done with the coldest weather for the most part.

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I first bought my Bronco (2.3L, 2-Dr) in November, the mileage range at fill up (with 87octane) was 320. I ran a little experiment with premium octane from multiple brands (Chevron, Shell & Valero) and after the last couple of full ups, my range fell to 285. It hovers there a little longer it seems, meaning Iā€™ll drive a few miles before it starts ticking down. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it the fuel or is my equipment failing?
That's about what I get on a tank with combination driving.

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m like a lot of yā€™all, once I get behind the wheel, I get an ear to ear grin and itā€™s ā€œgame on.ā€ I guess ai is starting to predict my actual mpg before I even get going šŸ˜‰ Ha!
That 320 is calculated on the mpgs you have been averaging and size of your tank. Gas tank size isn't changing, but how you are driving it, on top of any potential 'winter gas' will change your mpgs...better mpgs = greater range. Worse mpgs = less range. Lay off the gas pedal and don't let your truck idle as long (idle = 0 mpgs) and your mpgs will go up (and so will your range).

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You guys are always hilarious to read about all of these mpg discussions for a rolling brick off-roader. We proper 2 Dr guys fill up with whatever and have a posted range of around 245mi. Highway is more, yes, but itā€™s 245 on a good day.

Suck it up fellas, this ainā€™t a fuel efficient vehicle. Thatā€™s what you get with literally EVERY other SUV.

Let us wheelers have at least ONE or two toys to play with. Geezā€¦.. :)
"Proper"... lol
Sponsored