Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are planning a month long trip out west this September hitting the National Parks and MOAB. We have been putting Mid Grade Top Tier gas in our 23 Bronco BD since we have had it. We figure we will put around 10,000 miles on our trip. Figures it looks like gas is going up. I know that we won't always be able to find top tier gas along the way. Travelling I have noticed that some of the nicer, cleaner, and well stocked gas stations such as Pilot and Loves are not top tier gas. But some of the top tier gas stations are dirty and I do not want to stop there. I didn't know that Meijers and Costco had top tier fuel, thank you. I guess we will have to make do on our trip.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Learning to lean in to the throttle but staying out of boost is key. I have learned I can get 18+ city driving if I baby that throttle, but what is the fun of having boost if I don't use it :). I have seen 20-22mpg on the hwy, again, thats flat ground, you add mountains or wind and I am at 15-18mpg.
Exactly, ECO or BOOST but you can't have both!

Mako

Badlands
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badland Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed in my ‘22 Wildtrak that I have had improved mileage in the last 6-9 months without any mods with 87 octane fuel and in normal mode, 18.4! Sticker had 17 MPG, so shocked was better.

Anyone else notice this or even suggestions to improve besides driving in ECO mode?

IMG_0533.jpeg
I recently switched to 93 octane and noticed about a 1.5 mile per gallon increase , to 17.5 from 16.3 . I am not sure where the people seeing 20 mpg plus are riding, but between my 5 red light/ stop sign commute in the morning and evening over going to work and my 120 mile weekend trek I have never seen 18.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wouldn't be nearly as fun if I worried about mileage
For some, or even most, of us it isn't a worry, it's a game. It is fun. Your lack of insight into another perspective, and your need to speak out against, it sounds like you worry too much about what others think. Doesn't sound like "fun" to me.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Guys, is there any consensus on the optimum octane level for our Broncos? I am more interested in performance than mileage, but knowing which octane gives you the best blend of both would be helpful. I always fill up at WaWa because they are conveniently located along my familiar routes. (It is an East Coast thing for the time being...)
The HP variance is stated in the Bronco literature. If you want the best performance, by which I take it you mean zoomie zoom, use 93 octane.

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some, or even most, of us it isn't a worry, it's a game. It is fun. Your lack of insight into another perspective, and your need to speak out against, it sounds like you worry too much about what others think. Doesn't sound like "fun" to me.
Bet you're a hit at parties 🤪
Nothing you stated relates to my post
Carry on

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Learning to lean in to the throttle but staying out of boost is key. I have learned I can get 18+ city driving if I baby that throttle, but what is the fun of having boost if I don't use it :). I have seen 20-22mpg on the hwy, again, thats flat ground, you add mountains or wind and I am at 15-18mpg.
how do you use the “boost”? idk what it really means or how to use it.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone with the 7MT...it's actually an 8MT if you live in hilly country, and might net you .5-1 MPG increase, depending on yer skilz...
It's that schweet Georgia Overdrive!!!

Reactions: PJP

Sponsored

Fridge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250,2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see a difference with fuel blend and temps, winter vs summer blend, at least 1/2 mpg difference in another car.
I’d have to agree with you I’ve done the drive from Saskatoon saskatchewan to Scottsdale AZ in march a few times with my Superduty and hit that magical line south of Saltlake City where my mileage jumped from 17 to 21mpg every time.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I noticed the same difference lately. Like precisely the same bump. I was blaming warmer temps. Summer fuel makes sense. The benefits are likely to go away once the Bronco starts dealing with thin superheated air, ambients at 105+.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone else noticed that they get worse MPG on the interstate? I drive 30 minutes a day on a state highway going 60mph. If I do a trip a few hours away running mostly interstate, I calculate 1.5-2 MPG lower.
It's because the coefficient of drag is greater at a higher speed. The faster you go, the more force the vehicle must overcome. Common sense.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've found shifting to keep RPMs around 2000 when possible seems to give the best mileage. I also get better mileage in the winter because I'm not running A/C.

Also the computer is off by about one mpg. I keep very meticulous records. The computer constantly shows one mpg better mileage than what I calculate.

I've been using regular, April 27 will be the one year anniversary of getting my Bronco. I'll switch to premium for the next year to see how much difference it makes.

michaelennis208

Base
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 nissan rogue sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I changed the intake on my 2022 Bronco Base 2.3L 7 speed manual to a Roush Cold Air Intake and get 23.9 mpg around town. Bought the vehicle new in July 2022, haven't taken it on any trips.
Sponsored