Spicygb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so the question is do they replace the entire top, front to back, or just the affected panels? Because after 2-3 years of sun exposure the color will never match the older panels
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so the question is do they replace the entire top, front to back, or just the affected panels? Because after 2-3 years of sun exposure the color will never match the older panels
Just the affected panels.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m on my 4th top now (3rd replacement). Been taking it back in for cracks and finally got a crack free one. Now my 4th top seems to be delaminating. See photos. If you don’t inspect these tops in different lighting conditions they appear just fine. In the dark with a flashlight you can see the cracks. In a perfect mix of shade/dark with some natural light coming in (like your home garage or a parking garage) you see all the delaminating. In direct sunlight all defects are masked and the top appears fine.

I’m going to bet there are a lot of bad tops out there that haven’t been identified yet because they haven’t been seen in the right lighting. For delam, the best lighting is in a parking garage with some natural light coming in like in my photos. All other lighting conditions and my top seems just fine / damn perfect. This is a mind fuck game and I just want to stop losing sleep over these damn tops being bad.

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_3643

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_3644

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_3648

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_3647

IMG_3649.jpeg

Last edited:

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m on my 4th top now (3rd replacement). Been taking it back in for cracks and finally got a crack free one. Now my 4th top seems to be delaminating. See photos. If you don’t inspect these tops in different lighting conditions they appear just fine. In the dark with a flashlight you can see the cracks. In a perfect mix of shade/dark with some natural light coming in (like your home garage or a parking garage) you see all the delaminating. In direct sunlight all defects are masked and the top appears fine.

I’m going to bet there are a lot of bad tops out there that Haven’t been identified yet because they haven’t been seen in the right lighting. For delam, the best lighting is in a parking garage with some natural liht coming in like in my photos. All other lighting conditions and my top seems just fine / damn perfect. This is a mind fuck game and I just want to stop losing sleep over these damn tops being bad.

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_3649

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_3649

Same here, number 4 for me and Ford sent the wrong top. Waiting again. Seems Ford wants us to give in and get a better top elsewhere, Damn shame IMO.

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The quality of the top is keeping me from ordering a Bronco.

Sad for those of you experiencing the worst issues. :(
No problem with my MIC top.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is interesting. I am wondering what is causing the wave condition. It seems as if the outer material is coming loose.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kinda like this. Like on a home, water will win!
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update stucco-1024x768

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kinda like this. Like on a home, water will win!
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update stucco-1024x768
Exactly my concern with these cracks, etc....it's honeycomb cardboard underneath. We all should know what happens to cardboard when it gets wet.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too bad there's not a single MIC top problem thread. I previously posted in this one that I thought it was just a matter of time before my top started cracking and sure enough it's now cracking.

I'm convinced these tops are time bombs and that they'll all crack or delaminate eventually.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I'm I SOL if I have a 21' and missed the first replacement program? My bronco now has 45,800 miles on it so it is past BtB coverage.

When the replacement happened it was still a Ford company vehicle and we didn't plan on hanging on to it so we missed the window.

Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can get a Bronco WITHOUT the hardtop. So something else is stopping you
I wouldn't have ordered mine without the hardtop. The soft top still looks meh.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Too bad there's not a single MIC top problem thread. I previously posted in this one that I thought it was just a matter of time before my top started cracking and sure enough it's now cracking.

I'm convinced these tops are time bombs and that they'll all crack or delaminate eventually.
Some have problems, some don't. Its just like anything else on a vehicle.
Mine was built at the beginning of 22 and has 35k miles and is flawless and never had any issues. It also sits outside 24/7 rain shine or snow in the Chicagoland area.

So I'm I SOL if I have a 21' and missed the first replacement program? My bronco now has 45,800 miles on it so it is past BtB coverage.
Yes

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some have problems, some don't. Its just like anything else on a vehicle.
Mine was built at the beginning of 22 and has 35k miles and is flawless and never had any issues. It also sits outside 24/7 rain shine or snow in the Chicagoland area.

Yes
That's what I figured. Mine looks fine other than some faint honeycombing on the top, but I figure I'll bedline it matte black if cracks start showing.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unlikely that it would void the warranty. I doubt that stuff is the reason for the cracks and realistically there’s no way to prove otherwise.

If you end up getting it replaced, I would personally stop using that though. Like the GSB says, all you really need/should use is water and a mild soap to clean it.
Don't tell them you used it.
Sponsored