First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bad press about Broncos means the resale value of our Broncos will be decreased a lot..
For those of us planning to keep our broncos 🤷‍♂️, and if it gets Ford to pay attention I’m ok with that.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bad press about Broncos means the resale value of our Broncos will be decreased a lot..
You know what would affect your resale value more than bad press? A gear box that tumbles rocks when a potential buyer takes it for a test drive.

Sponsored

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda wedged between an ad..I missed it the first time too
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound Screenshot_20230106-152408

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

do you have link to that post? I'm curious of how much its been driven in 2 days?
2 Door Bronco 6G Owners group on FB. Join that group, follow the post from there.

Begster

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good morning! Thanks for making us aware of the situation. If you send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I can look into things on my end.
Sending you a message as well. I experienced this issue the second day after picking up my Bronco last week with 200 miles on it.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Kinda wedged between an ad..I missed it the first time too
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound Screenshot_20230106-152408
Ahh. Brave web browser blocks it. Came right up in chrome

HOLY SMOKES FOLKS! 70%

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1673036847906

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to stay updated on this one, hopefully it's resolved for good and never comes back! I'm just wary from the folks above with new transmissions who get the noise back pretty quickly, as well as folks who've done the TSB and had the noise come back.
Has anyone who has had the TSB done had the noise come back?

Sponsored

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This means the resale value of our Broncos will be decreased a lot..
I doubt that, article says it’s just a sound. Manuals already have lower resale than the autos. This problem will get fixed and it’ll become old news like the 2.7 valves.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are examples in this thread, yes
I must have missed that. I didn't see anybody post in this thread that they had actually had the TSB done...just scheduled/parts ordered. Read several posts of full trans replacement where the noise returned, but none were repaired under the TSB

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must have missed that. I didn't see anybody post in this thread that they had actually had the TSB done...just scheduled/parts ordered. Read several posts of full trans replacement where the noise returned, but none were repaired under the TSB
Yeah I spent a lot of time searching back through the thread and you seem to be right -- I think there were a couple posts where I mistook "noise came back" as "after the TSB" when in reality the only instances I can find are folks who got their whole transmission replaced.

That actually implies it may in fact be a fluid level issue, and the TSB only exists to make dealers crack the gearbox open, replace the worn components, and refill the fluid up to the correct spec so the issue doesn't happen again. The transmissions arriving from Ford/Getrag directly almost certainly are prefilled and the dealers don't fill them to spec themselves...

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I haven’t read that a tsb trans had the noise come back.
Sponsored