First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You might get better results with plastic-dip. Hold it far enough away that you get a pebbled finish. You can do the same with rattle can paint. Essentially you're just doing a bad paint job. Cheaper. Or buy textured ABS sheets. Do a search and you'll find plenty
Oh yeah, scroll up on this posting. I ended up using some ABS sheets and it worked great.

BroncoFrog

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking this is the trim that I posted earlier. It’s better, but still doesn’t 100% solve the issue in my opinion. It might also be too thick and interfere with the HT going back on?
Can confirm they work with both. I bought both tops and it came with them on and no issues when using hard top.

Sponsored

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's working out great! It looks like how it should looked from the factory, and I am not constantly disgusted looking at those unsightly bolt heads :)

If anyone is interested in a set, just let me know.
I've been looking for something to cover these bolts too. Where did you get the ABS that matches the texture?

OP
OP

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been looking for something to cover these bolts too. Where did you get the ABS that matches the texture?
I just got some sheets of ABS from amazon and then traced the outline with paper to create a stencil and then cut it out on my small bandsaw. I am looking to make some more, once I take off the top so that I can make another template. I've had a few folks interested in them.

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got some sheets of ABS from amazon and then traced the outline with paper to create a stencil and then cut it out on my small bandsaw. I am looking to make some more, once I take off the top so that I can make another template. I've had a few folks interested in them.
Pics?

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, I am happy to say I have finished my C-Pillar cover and am very happy how they turned out. There’s a few imperfections, but overall it’s waaaay better!

I made a template, drew it onto the 1/16” thick ABS sheets I purchased, used my small table scroll saw to cut it out, then put on a little taste of high-grit sand paper and bingo! I used some double-sided 3M tape and stuck it to the Pillar. The color and texture is a dead-match. I think it really completes the two pillars.

Ford Bronco Is there anything to cover this up? 1710421886734-b2

OP
OP

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m interested!!!
Hey there, sue thing. I need to find my pattern, because my top is currently on, so that I can make them. I am pretty sure they are in my garage some place :) Let me check and see what I can do.
Sponsored