Sponsored

Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations?

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are plenty - I believe that I saw a comparison between Stock and the Morimoto and it was a good improvement. (Also see Alpharex & Oracle). For a LOT less money, you could just add a lightbar:
Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? Blue Lights On

V3N4T0R

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro / Many mods
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just don't get a bright light bar, and aim it down. In most states, it's illegal to drive with a certain number of lumens, and it's just dangerous for everyone else on top of that. Grill-mounted is probably safest in that regard

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
I added Rigid SAE fogs in my modular bumper and it is amazing how much better the light output is, 100% recommended.

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey there!

We would recommend checking out our SAE-compliant fog light options to supplement your low beams.

You'll find two great options for your Bronco such as our Elite Series lamps or SS3 LED pods that are offered in 6k white or 3k yellow.

Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? 2021_ford_bronco_elite_foglamp_location_close_driver_on

Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? 1694526372001

If you prefer the highest-performance OEM projector-style fog lamp that supplements your low beams, our Elite Series fog lamps are the route to go for a crispy clean cut-off.

Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? 2021_ford_bronco_fog_off_customer_milton_h_b

Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? 1694526402331

However, our SS3 fog light kit is highly popular for more of an off-road appearance and is offered in 3 power levels if you want to take it up a notch!

Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? SS3_vs_Elite

Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? Elite_vs_SS3_Studio_Sport_Pro_Max_Yellow_Comparison

Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? SS3_vs_Elite2

Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? Elite_vs_SS3_Studio_Sport_Pro_White_Comparison

Any additional questions, we'll be happy to help! 🙌

US In-House Customer Service Team:

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

1694526690108.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2022 Black Diamond that has , in my opinion , pretty dim headlights . Are there any after market lights out there that’ll replace the OEM lights ?
If you want the brightest headlights out there, go with the Morimoto XRGB

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xrgb-led-headlights-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? XRGB3 (small)

They are the brightest headlights we've tested and have an RGB surround you can change.

If you want a bit higher quality over the XRGB, the XB from Morimoto are the next choice (and currently what we run). They are not as bright as the XRGB but still brighter then others on the market

Amber DRL: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xb-led-headlights-for-2021-ford-bronco-amber-drl/

White DRL: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xb-led-headlights-for-2021-ford-bronco-white-drl/
Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? New-XB-4

Another popular option are the Alpharex, although they are not as bright as Morimoto. Im not a FAN of the Alpharex because their beam pattern is not as crisp and clean as the Morimoto. You're also spending a bit more money on the Alpharex compared to the Morimoto XRGB, but the AlphaRex are a little less then the Morimoto XB

Black: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/alphar...r-headlights-for-2021-2023-ford-bronco-black/

Alpha-Black: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/alphar...lights-for-2021-2023-ford-bronco-alpha-black/
Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? 1694531145728

All of the headlights we sell are here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/headlights/

I would avoid Oracle headlights. We brought in a test to test and the output wasn't that great and the quality is terrible. They use two PLASTIC supporting pieces to install the headlight. It wobbles. Even with the truck sitting still and running you can see the headlights bouncing around. It's just terrible.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO a good set of wide cornering fogs made a big difference. I personally run DD SSC2 Pros in white.

here is a pic from my Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations? PXL_20211129_220747935_Original

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check your state laws.. Most places are illegal to drive with fog/aux lights unless its inclement weather. I upgraded my BD to the morimoto XRGB lights and theyre amazing!

gmannerino

Base
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with Morimoto. They also can buy back your OEM lights for $600, though I still have mine.

PXL_20230708_010326296~2.jpg

PXL_20230708_020221424~2.jpg

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with Morimoto. They also can buy back your OEM lights for $600, though I still have mine.
It isn’t $600 anymore. They now only offer $15 lol

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PXL_20230708_010326296~2.jpg

PXL_20230708_020221424~2.jpg
I heard they dropped the buy back price ro practically nothing

Edi: Just saw above post :ROFLMAO:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BEFORE you spend money....try adjusting them up. I did that, and all complaints were gone. Really. I did later add @Diode Dynamics fogs for dark/deer areas and wowza do they light up the night!

That said, I know there are also led bulb replacements out there. And I think it's @ORACLE Lighting that offers headlight unit replacements. Their tail replacements are freakin' awesome, so I expect the heads would be as well.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check your state laws.. Most places are illegal to drive with fog/aux lights unless its inclement weather. I upgraded my BD to the morimoto XRGB lights and theyre amazing!
All 50 states allow the use of fog lights. What you are referring to are "off-road" lights or auxiliary lighting. But FOG lights (when you are using SAE fogs) are legal to use.