Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi All,
Is there anything I can do about a very bad window rattle if the windows are partially opened?
It sounds as if the may break under normal driving conditions. I have brought my car in for this and was told there is nothing wrong.
The Drivers door also catches on the top lip as if tis not dropping in time when I open the door at times.

thanks for your help or suggestions.

P.S.
Anyone's hood open alarm for off for no reason?
Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi All,
Is there anything I can do about a very bad window rattle if the windows are partially opened?
It sounds as if the may break under normal driving conditions. I have brought my car in for this and was told there is nothing wrong.
The Drivers door also catches on the top lip as if tis not dropping in time when I open the door at times.

P.S.
Known issue. Ford was supposed to have a fix for it last year but they pushed it back to later in 2024

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are ways to adjust the window. You might try another dealer service. I told mine about some issues they couldn't replicate (specifically, the window closing on the seal instead of in it) and they did do an adjustment anyway.

You can also adjust the bump stops if you're having a lot of flutter on the hood at higher speeds.

The window closing on the seal, someone said if you touch the handle, pull away slightly, then do it again, it "wakes" the truck and the window works right. I always forget and it tends to do it when it's been sitting overnight (happens a lot in the morning in the garage). Maybe Ford will fix that, but I think that itself was a fix.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Open your door and look at the bottom. You'll see 2 rubber plugs. Remove those and get a 10mm socket. Loosen the bolts, push them outward (away from the Bronco) as much as possible, and then retighten them. Should help with the window shaking quite a bit.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi All,

P.S.
Good afternoon. If you'd like, would you send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this window rattle concern on my end? Thanks.

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Donā€™t take it to the dealer. They are gonna do the same thing and charge you several hundred for it, if not more. Do what @WheresMyBronco said. Look up window rattle on YouTube if you want a demonstration, should fix your issue.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Adjustments help, but now I drive either all the way up or all the way down.
Yeah the adjustments donā€™t fix the issue. Which is why Ford removed that TSB.
Theyā€™re still working on a fix for the concern. Current information is Q3 of this year.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Adjustments help, but now I drive either all the way up or all the way down.
Same. I've always had the windows all the way open or closed. Didn't even realize this was an issue, until a few weeks ago my wife rolled the window down part way, and there was a rather loud rattling when we hit bumps in the road. Sticking with binary all the way open/closed as the "fix".

Reactions: LCW

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah the adjustments donā€™t fix the issue. Which is why Ford removed that TSB.
Theyā€™re still working on a fix for the concern. Current information is Q3 of this year.
I donā€™t have a reference point, because I did the adjustment and mine stopped rattling full stop. So others still have the same issue even after adjustment?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I donā€™t have a reference point, because I did the adjustment and mine stopped rattling full stop. So others still have the same issue even after adjustment?
Yes.
Iā€™ve adjusted mine which were really bad, and itā€™s certainly better. But there are still plenty of times Iā€™ll hit a bump and theyā€™ll rattle.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup - my 23 does this. Window cracked anywhere between 1-3"... hit a sharp bump (because the suspension tune is shit) and you'd swear the window is going to snap in half.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, most all do it. The fix is all the way up or all the way down. Sucks, but you've got to work with what you've got.

OP
OP
MikeC51

MikeC51

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Known issue. Ford was supposed to have a fix for it last year but they pushed it back to later in 2024
Donā€™t take it to the dealer. They are gonna do the same thing and charge you several hundred for it, if not more. Do what @WheresMyBronco said. Look up window rattle on YouTube if you want a demonstration, should fix your issue.
why would this not be covered under warranty

OP
OP
MikeC51

MikeC51

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good afternoon. If you'd like, would you send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this window rattle concern on my end? Thanks.
DMā€™d you. Thanks for looking into it
Sponsored