Sponsored

Hood ajar notification while driving down the road?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I am joining this club of hood ajar and alarms going off at all hours of the day and night in my garage. I have had in the shop 3X for this problem and 3 times for parking sensors which has been resolved. I live a 100 miles from the dealership and asked them to come up and pick the Bronco up and do not return it until it is resolved or take the Bronco back. I am so pissed at this point it is souring me on Ford products. This is from someone who has bought a dozen + Fords over the years! Very upsetting! Any solid resolution to this problem.
Replace the hood latch. It’s a known issue.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well I am joining this club of hood ajar and alarms going off at all hours of the day and night in my garage. I have had in the shop 3X for this problem and 3 times for parking sensors which has been resolved. I live a 100 miles from the dealership and asked them to come up and pick the Bronco up and do not return it until it is resolved or take the Bronco back. I am so pissed at this point it is souring me on Ford products. This is from someone who has bought a dozen + Fords over the years! Very upsetting! Any solid resolution to this problem.
Hello. I would like to take a closer look at your Bronco's alarm issues on my end. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

Sponsored

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello. I would like to take a closer look at your Bronco's alarm issues on my end. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
Thanks na d how does the ne send a private message?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve also received the hood ajar warning several times since picking up my Bronco. Haven’t had the alarm go off though. For me it has only happened while driving off road though. Figured something to do with the rough terrain. Pretty annoying to have beeping at you while trying to navigate a difficult obstacle. Opening and closing the hood usually does the trick. I don’t have any alerts in my Ford Pass app but, will take a copy of the SSM to my dealer and see what can be done.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a few months ago, i played with the rubber stops a bit and thus far, this notification has gone away (knock on wood).
Howdy, I just got the same error message. I think you’re on the right point. My hood rubber stops were unscrewed all the way out and about ready to fall out. I screwed them back in which essentially lowered the hood. My guess they rattled loose from going on one of my local rocky trails or were not screwed all the way in from factory. Gonna try this fix and post results. I checked sensor and it had some grime but I doubt that is the issue. I cleaned it off some.

Egg16

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I have a 2022 Everglades and all of a sudden I saw the hood ajar warning on the dash. In one trip it came on 4 times yesterday. Also last night the alarm went off 3 times. This seems to be a problem from what I understand.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2022 Everglades and all of a sudden I saw the hood ajar warning on the dash. In one trip it came on 4 times yesterday. Also last night the alarm went off 3 times. This seems to be a problem from what I understand.
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

JunitoNo1

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had this occur twice today. Hood ajar fault on the ford pass app.

Has a root cause been discovered yet? Hood stops seem to be at proper height and the hood latch harness is dirty, but nothing out of the ordinary.

22 badlands

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had this occur twice today. Hood ajar fault on the ford pass app.

Has a root cause been discovered yet? Hood stops seem to be at proper height and the hood latch harness is dirty, but nothing out of the ordinary.

22 badlands
Happened to me as well a few days ago.

JMUDrew4

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had it happen to me about 10 times. Took it to Ford and they replaced the latch in August, that appears to have solved the problem for me. Even though I explained everything to the dealership, it still took them time to diagnose and then they had to order the part. But after that, it was seamless.
Sponsored