Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried searching for this, but I'm not sure I know the correct terminology to search correctly. Basically, after about 3 months of a dead silent hard top (4 door), the rear section, unfortunately, started squeaking pretty badly. A former hard top Jeep owner mentioned to me that I should be able to purchase some sort of gasket lubricant from Ford and I needed to slather that all over the hard top gaskets every few months to keep them soft and that would cut out/down the squeaking. The only other squeaking I have is from the driver's front panel on one of the latches. If I press on it or unlatch just that one the squeak stops - not sure how to deal with that one.
Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After chasing my squeek, creak, rattle noise in the roll bar plastic trim I discovered it was the clamshell where it bolts to the roll bar rubbing metal to metal

Ford Bronco Hard top squeaking - gasket lubricant? 20220914_123726

Ford Bronco Hard top squeaking - gasket lubricant? 20220914_123812

Will probably lay some stick on felt down when I put the top back on

Firewoody19

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My driver's side front panel was squeaking also. Found that it was a locating pin rubbing on something just enough to make a noise. Used heat shrink tubing over the pin and haven't heard it since.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We used kyrtox AAP to stop squeaks until a part change could be made. A small swab and the squeak would disappear.

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After chasing my squeek, creak, rattle noise in the roll bar plastic trim I discovered it was the clamshell where it bolts to the roll bar rubbing metal to metal

Same thing with mine. It would squeak with the other panels off and click with them on. Very annoying. I applied lubricant between the Bracket that bolts to the roll bar and the MIC hardtop plate. It looks like it's designed to be a somewhat loose, adjustable connection since it's got elongated holes. I also put a little grease where the paint on the roll bar was worn off.
Good idea about the felt strip, might even try some thin neoprene single sided tape.
Here's the link to the grease. Works well for a while but seems like it's going to be a maintenance thing:

Super Lube-21030 Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease, 3 Oz. https://a.co/d/8inq0E3

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford recommends Krytox lube for the rubber seals. I have it applied to every bit of weather stripping on the top, little goes a long way. The seal on the bottom of lift gate glass is the worst offender. I had to recently reapply lube, first application lasted about 4-5 months. Every Bronco owner needs to keep a tube around. Ive used half a tube already.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWLDALQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also had the noise from the metal bracket on clamshell and applied an adhesive felt pad long ago, fixes that one.

Then there is the alignment pins that make noise, I wrapped all those in electrical tape long ago, works great.

Bars

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
99% of the squeaking and creaking from my rear clamshell came from the lower seal on the rear window where it meets the tailgate. I figured this out by driving with the rear window up (no squeaking). To fix it I just cleaned the seal and the tailgate -- there was only a small amount of dust on each but it was enough to creak badly. Once cleaned the squeaking disappeared.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been getting a rattle noise towards the rear on the passenger side. I took off the middle panel and put a covering on the pegs but it didn't help. This may be the culprit.
Did you end up putting felt on the roll bar and if so, did it help?

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been getting a rattle noise towards the rear on the passenger side. I took off the middle panel and put a covering on the pegs but it didn't help. This may be the culprit.

Did you end up putting felt on the roll bar and if so, did it help?

I put felt tape on the underside of the metal that sits on the roll bar. Seemed to help there but honestly now I'm chasing other creaks and squeaks. Never ending.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dropped my Bronco off at the dealer for an oil change, and one of my squawks was the squeaks from the top. ... It's been four days, and they still have my machine, trying to chase it down.
Sponsored