Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After waiting and waiting an ultimatum might have sent me over the edge…..
Sponsored

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After waiting and waiting an ultimatum might have sent me over the edge

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry that happened. These dealers have all the leverage right now unfortunately. They know that if the can get us to walk away it's another $5-10K in their pockets. It really is sad especially with the way inventory on lots is starting to build up. The dealer I was at has 2 sitting on their lot for a month now. But some jack leg will come and pay the extra 10K and until people stop doing that dealers will continue to mark 'em up.
Don’t feel too bad, nothing lasts forever. The pendulum will swing the other direction and before you know it we’ll have $5k on the hood replacing $5k ADM. People will remember who treated them well during the last few years.

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t see any issues on the dealer‘s end. The used car market is down. Trade ins are not bringing much at auctions, and dealerships are taking a loss on them right now across the board. You are the party that backed out of the deal. You have the option to sale your car yourself. I don’t understand the negative attitude towards the dealership.

Sounds like it is a wise move on your part to back out of the deal due to your personal situation, but that isn’t on the dealer. It may be smart to maintain a good relationship with them if it’s your Local dealer, sooner or later you need service on that MY24.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t see any issues on the dealer‘s end. The used car market is down. Trade ins are not bringing much at auctions, and dealerships are taking a loss on them right now across the board. You are the party that backed out of the deal. You have the option to sale your car yourself. I don’t understand the negative attitude towards the dealership.

Sounds like it is a wise move on your part to back out of the deal due to your personal situation, but that isn’t on the dealer. It may be smart to maintain a good relationship with them if it’s your Local dealer, sooner or later you need service on that MY24.
I would have told him to shove the deal also, can’t wait until the next day so the guy can discuss a major purchase with his spouse and wait for the credit union rate? Any other car and the dealer would have been fine with letting him talk about the deal overnight but basically stole this Bronco order, screw that dealer for being shady.

This is the number one reason dealers need to be cut out of the new car buying process, buy it straight from Ford and just go to the the delivery center to pick it up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
reschilling

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I think you missed other parts of the post. I did not take issue with the offer on the trade. The part I have issue with is the ultimatum to make a decision to accept their deal in 4 hours before they close for the evening and before my credit union had even gotten back to me with my rate and term. This all happened at 4pm on Friday afternoon, they close at 8pm. The bronco arrived on their lot 2:48pm. I know the exact time because my salesman sent me a video of the truck rolling in.

I was ready to move forward without even taking the trade into account, because I wanted the Bronco regardless of the number on the trade. What I wasn't ready for was the ultimatum, when they had not even done the PDI on the truck, removed and shipping plastics, washed it, or even moved it from where the truck driver parked it. I totally understand what they offered on the car. For me it would have gone over completely different had the manager said no problem go home discuss the deal with your wife and let us know in the morning. Instead I was presented with " that's fine if you need to discuss this with your wife, but you need to decide and tell us today" and today was whispered and spoken quickly. I had to ask him to repeat himself. And this shady pressure tactic was extremely shitty.

Again I did no bashing of the dealer in my original post, just stated I did not agree with there let us know today or else sales tactics.

OP
OP
reschilling

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would have told him to shove the deal also, can’t wait until the next day so the guy can discuss a major purchase with his spouse and wait for the credit union rate? Any other car and the dealer would have been fine with letting him talk about the deal overnight but basically stole this Bronco order, screw that dealer for being shady.

This is the number one reason dealers need to be cut out of the new car buying process, buy it straight from Ford and just go to the the delivery center to pick it up.
Dealers can have a place in the model, they just need to quit being so greedy. Sell products that actually have value(and give people the choice to add them), have their service and parts dept. The sale of the car shouldn't be so hard. Its not like a local mom and pop shop doesn't have markups. The local shops just aren't as greedy.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand this thread.

I imagine you waited months or years to get you Bronco.

Sounds like the dealership was going to honor its price.

OP shows up and hems/haws…gotta ask my wife, sell my car, I don’t have financing, etc… Didn’t you think this through before it showed up? Ask your wife?

All the dealer was looking for was your original commitment, yes you still want the car. You couldn’t do it.

Dude, it doesn’t sound like you had this thought through and the Bronco wasn’t for you, move on. This isn’t

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

OP shows up and hems/haws…gotta ask my wife, sell my car, I don’t have financing, etc… Didn’t you think this through before it showed up? Ask your wife?

All the dealer was looking for was your original commitment, yes you still want the car. You couldn’t do it.

Dude, it doesn’t sound like you had this thought through and the Bronco wasn’t for you, move on. This isn’t
Well here's the opposite story. Ordered 19 months ago, no word from Ford. Buyer backed out of a Wildtrak. Salesman offered it to me at MSRP. Wife was out of town but on her way back. I had it for a 2 day test drive.

Yeah they will get my Badlands if Ford ever builds it, but it's sticker price is six thousand less so not a plus for them.

There are some good dealers out there.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well here's the opposite story. Ordered 19 months ago, no word from Ford. Buyer backed out of a Wildtrak. Salesman offered it to me at MSRP. Wife was out of town but on her way back. I had it for a 2 day test drive.

Yeah they will get my Badlands if Ford ever builds it, but it's sticker price is six thousand less so not a plus for them.

There are some good dealers out there.
I waited 30 months for my 2 DR BL.

I live 1800 miles from my dealership.

When they contacted me it was there; I collected the wire details and coordinated the shipping.

Had 30 months to talk to my wife and get my finances in order.

SMH 🤦‍♀️

Sponsored
OP
OP
reschilling

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

So when you trade in a vehicle you just accept what ever # the dealer gives you? You don't take some time to consider the deal presented to you? You just sign on the line no matter what's on the paper? The dealers must love you. I never said anything a out the dealer not honoring thier price. The dealer called me the morning the Bronco was due to arrive, I immediately applied for my loan. I was not expecting the dealer to tell me I had 4 hours once I arrived to have everything in order. Most dealers give you some time especially when it is an order. What would the dealer lose waiting til the next morning?

OP
OP
reschilling

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

When they contacted me it was there; I collected the wire details and coordinated the shipping.

SMH 🤦‍♀️
Glad you have the cash to just wire the money. Good for you!

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

SMH 🤦‍♀️
The OP didn't say it, but in my case I will not buy a vehicle I do not thoroughly test drive. My wife had briefly driven a 4dr Big Bend two years ago, still a Bronco but not the same as a Wildtrak. No way I'm buying her a new Bronco unless she has given it a thorough test drive.

It's not just a "does she approve" thing but also you don't want to give up a working trade in only to have the new car fail in just few miles off the lot. The way things are now you could be looking at days or weeks before you can get it fixed.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when you trade in a vehicle you just accept what ever # the dealer gives you? You don't take some time to consider the deal presented to you? You just sign on the line no matter what's on the paper? The dealers must love you. I never said anything a out the dealer not honoring thier price. The dealer called me the morning the Bronco was due to arrive, I immediately applied for my loan. I was not expecting the dealer to tell me I had 4 hours once I arrived to have everything in order. Most dealers give you some time especially when it is an order. What would the dealer lose waiting til the next morning?
According to your story you were simply asked to commit to the car by 8PM…something you couldn’t do.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you have the cash to just wire the money. Good for you!
Wow, how presumptive of you. Who said financing wasn’t involved?

Lol this thread…
Sponsored