Sponsored

Ford stole $1,300 worth (262k points) of reward points - empty hardtop promises.

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're upset because you did not know they expired after a certain time, and Ford reminded you but you didn't check your spam, then they expired? I get the frustration but no need to lambaste Ford on this one.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh you give Ford way to much credit. Or maybe, too little. Where there's a way to screw things up, Ford will find a way! lol

Also, the quote "I can't do that Dave" is from 2001. Right before HAL tried to kill Dave... 😱 lol
Yeah, I've got several indio22s helping me with stuff now, so far they haven't gone "HAL 9000". What the future holds though, could be trouble.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Huh....
I've had 419,110 Fordpass reward points for 2 or 3 years, never used them.

The one time I asked the local dealer service about it for an oil changes and such,
the service writer just laughed.

I hope I don't lose them.
You absolutely can (and should) use them for oik changes and whatnot.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sitting on day 17 of an incorrect Ford Performance Parts order. The incorrect part was returned and received by Ford 17 days ago. Still no refund of either my “points” or credit card charges. Customer service says “up to 30 days”. Pretty sure at the 31 day point, nothing will have transpired and I will again have to contact FPP by phone (and plead….).

Wish my points had expired….and I could have bought the part at full price from somewhere else….

Perhaps your points expiring saved you a lot of grief, didn’t tie up any of your funding, and saved you many hours on the phone. I can assure I would only use Ford Performance Parts again only dealing directly with a dealers parts department.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Points expiring is hardly a new thing, I've lost a ton of frequent flyer miles. Good grief, Ford doesn't owe anyone these points, its a loyality program...

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where are y'all seeing 365 days?
The terms on the app state Your FordPass Rewards Points balance expires and is forfeited when you have not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earned through FPR for two (2) consecutive calendar years. What am I missing?
Either I remembered incorrectly, or they changed it from one to two years. It does in fact say two (2) years when I check in the ap.

Reactions: GMC

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welllllllll, about that. If you bought accessories directly from Ford or across your parts counter, they probably have to collect tax.
I drive to my local dealer. I buy an accessory. Points for the part, but I pay tax out of pocket. Ok, that makes sense.

I drive to my other local dealer. I have the oil changed. They use Ford Pass points to pay for the entire service including the sales tax.

So, I have no idea what the policy is supposed to be.

Maybe I should try my other local dealer or my other other local dealer.... (I'm in Phoenix, so "local" is relative, but I do have lots of options.)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive to my local dealer. I buy an accessory. Points for the part, but I pay tax out of pocket. Ok, that makes sense.

I drive to my other local dealer. I have the oil changed. They use Ford Pass points to pay for the entire service including the sales tax.

So, I have no idea what the policy is supposed to be.

Maybe I should try my other local dealer or my other other local dealer.... (I'm in Phoenix, so "local" is relative, but I do have lots of options.)
Tax is not supposed to be covered by the points but you're talking about a parts counter invoice versus a service repair order. Ford will pay these but dealer could run the risk of chargeback for the tax if they ever got audited by Ford or the state. I think legally, sales tax has to be paid by someone in the transaction unless you're a tax exempt entity. I know we cover the whole amount on oil changes, haven't bothered looking into if or how the office accounts for the tax. We get reimbursed on our parts statement so they have a schedule report they run and do the debit and credit thing as the reimbursement hits the statement.

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really is no different than having airline frequent flier miles…..with many airlines, if there is no account activity in 2 years the entire balance is forfeited. Sorry you missed the warning email.
Sure, but the whole point was to use them toward a hardtop and ford still can't get their S together with that. That'd be like if you used an airline reward to fly to a certain destination, and only fly too that destination, and then they took that destinatio
They do, I received an email last month saying I had 90 days left to use or lose them (with the exact number of points I would lose included), received another email yesterday saying I had 60 days left to use or lose. Here's the body of the 90 day email--even says how to retain the at risk points.

1713362917109-0c.png
I did receive those emails, but I get spam blasted by ford on a weekly basis, so all of those just get sent to spam... ugh...

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I didn't know they expired either, so this thread helped me use all 62K of mine on some Squatch flares + 15% off just a little bit ago.

So you saved someone else from going through it if nothing else, thank you.
Sponsored