Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Scheduling discussion starts at 18:15.
Bronco orders / production notes starts at 28:00.

Scheduling segment:

Bronco segment:

Sponsored

ConstBroncoNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So they said that ford can do 67% hard tops but 88% hard tops. Does that mean dealers ordered more than their allocations?

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, sounds like everyone that switched to Heritage Edition basically are screwed out of any chance of getting a 2023.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they said that ford can do 67% hard tops but 88% hard tops. Does that mean dealers ordered more than their allocations?
Dealers are given a number of Broncos as allocations. They are not told how they must order them. Thus, they can all choose hardtops, but Ford can't make them all hardtops. It's the same with the submodels and packages.

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Humm. So I have a 2dr hardtop Black Diamond on order. Sounds promising. But conversely, I have the Sasquatch package on it too which is still sounding like a constraint. Went standard equip (321a) and no other options. Fingers crossed I’ll at least be scheduled in MY23 🤞

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Humm. So I have a 2dr hardtop Black Diamond on order. Sounds promising. But conversely, I have the Sasquatch package on it too which is still sounding like a constraint. Went standard equip (321a) and no other options. Fingers crossed I’ll at least be scheduled in MY23 🤞
If it was a sagtop... err... softop I would say you are looking pretty good. But not with a hardtop. I am surprised how few people order BDs. To me that is pretty much the only trim that makes sense if you don't have money to burn and want a capable off-roader. The BB nonsas tires are shit and locking diff. By the time you add tries, locking diff, rock rails and bash plates you are going to be more expensive than a BD.

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it was a sagtop... err... softop I would say you are looking pretty good. But not with a hardtop. I am surprised how few people order BDs. To me that is pretty much the only trim that makes sense if you don't have money to burn and want a capable off-roader. The BB nonsas tires are shit and locking diff. By the time you add tries, locking diff, rock rails and bash plates you are going to be more expensive than a BD.
He reported 2 door hardtops are at 15% capacity with 15.7% in the banks. Then he combines the 4 and 2 door hardtops and it was 20% over capacity. That tells me the big issue is the 4 door hardtop order banks, not the 2 door.

If they’d had designed a soft top for the 2 door, I’d have been all over it.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allocation / notification system is a complete mess.

I was told in Jan this year that my 2D SAS wouldn't be built unless I dropped lux / towing / sas... I said no.

Figured I'd get a new awesome color in 2024.

Welp, last friday dealership calls me and says "It'll be here on Monday! - Is that cash or financing?"

*gulp*

No notification, no "scheduled for production" nothing... went from "Order accepted by Dealer" to "Complete transaction" with VIN number in one day.

I got the production photo 2 days after the dealer said it was already there.

Found a way to make it work, but I'm sure a lot of people were taken completely off guard and had to lose their spot after waiting 2+ years...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The allocation/notification system is a complete mess.

I was told in Jan this year that my 2D SAS wouldn't be built unless I dropped lux/towing/Sas...I said no.

I figured I'd get a new awesome color in 2024.

Welp, last Friday, the dealership calls me and says "It'll be here on Monday! - Is that cash or financing?"
I guess you're glad you stuck to what you wanted then! There's no way to know how orders ahead of you changed or canceled that might have affected yours, but it's really odd you didn't get advance e-mails about getting a VIN, scheduled for production, production begins, Bronco complete (and here's your photo) and being shipped. Even the dealer should have known, and you'd think they might have reached out to you sooner if for no other reason than to see if you still wanted it or if they could put it for general sale or to get your paperwork in order in advance. By the time mine arrived at the dealership, I had just one piece of paper to sign--the one document that had to be printed.

Anyway, at least now you're past the waiting phase and you can being the enjoyment phase. :)

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also keep in mind those numbers change frequency—at least once a month, sometimes more often than that.

It’s also reported as relative percentages, and they can be misleading. Just taking 2 door as an example. If there are 15% capacity, and the order banks has 15% 2-door… you may think “oh great they have enough 2-doors for everyone!!” But that’s not necessarily the case.

If there are 30,000 orders left, and 15% are 2-door… then roughly 4,500 orders left are for 2-door. But that constraint number is only valid for the current scheduling period. So if they intend on building… say… 6,000 vehicles this scheduling period, then only 900 can be 2-door. Obviously 900 is much less than 4,500, and if they get hit with a shortage next scheduling period then orders won’t get built. Likewise you could have a constraint that is sitting at a low 10% capacity, then Ford gets a big shipment in for the next scheduling period and suddenly that constraint disappears.

What happened last year is Wildtraks we’re sitting around 10-20% capacity most of the year, and then the factory where the wheels got produced shut down due to a Covid outbreak, and suddenly that capacity tanked to 0%.

So… the numbers are a little bit misleading. You’d have to pay attention to the numbers over time to get a good sense of what will actually impact your order, and not just a one or two month issue.
Thanks for explaining it. First vehicle I’ve ever factory ordered and it’s certainly been an eye opening experience on how things can go wrong!

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess you're glad you stuck to what you wanted then! There's no way to know how orders ahead of you changed or canceled that might have affected yours, but it's really odd you didn't get advance e-mails about getting a VIN, scheduled for production, production begins, Bronco complete (and here's your photo) and being shipped. Even the dealer should have known, and you'd think they might have reached out to you sooner if for no other reason than to see if you still wanted it or if they could put it for general sale or to get your paperwork in order in advance. By the time mine arrived at the dealership, I had just one piece of paper to sign--the one document that had to be printed.

Anyway, at least now you're past the waiting phase and you can being the enjoyment phase. :)
Also keep in mind those numbers change frequency—at least once a month, sometimes more often than that.

It’s also reported as relative percentages, and they can be misleading. Just taking 2 door as an example. If there are 15% capacity, and the order banks has 15% 2-door… you may think “oh great they have enough 2-doors for everyone!!” But that’s not necessarily the case.

If there are 30,000 orders left, and 15% are 2-door… then roughly 4,500 orders left are for 2-door. But that constraint number is only valid for the current scheduling period. So if they intend on building… say… 6,000 vehicles this scheduling period, then only 900 can be 2-door. Obviously 900 is much less than 4,500, and if they get hit with a shortage next scheduling period then orders won’t get built. Likewise you could have a constraint that is sitting at a low 10% capacity, then Ford gets a big shipment in for the next scheduling period and suddenly that constraint disappears.

What happened last year is Wildtraks we’re sitting around 10-20% capacity most of the year, and then the factory where the wheels got produced shut down due to a Covid outbreak, and suddenly that capacity tanked to 0%.

So… the numbers are a little bit misleading. You’d have to pay attention to the numbers over time to get a good sense of what will actually impact your order, and not just a one or two month issue.
Glad i switched from heritage at this point but feel bad for that group as he said 3% capacity and 14% order bank so that’s not looking good for the majority of the orders unless that somehow changes and they are still on a stop build.

I did ask dealer about adding Lux since it says for amended orders and they said ford is not allowing it to be added once build date has been scheduled so must be for prior to build date. I’m also curious about the dirt mountain 3.0 what exactly those broncos are missing causing the delay. I guess transparency isn’t in the cards from ford but glad we are getting the info we can and thanks for the breakdown.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

3 years in and Ford still wont fix the 2dr issue its soo simple.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly why I switched to a 2 door B💎

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much time did the dealership give you or did you need from “it’s being delivered on x date” to time to come in snd do the deal paperwork? I have to decide on a trade-in with dealer and their loan rate versus selling my car privately and getting a lowest rate loan with someone else. Takes some numbers juggling.
Sponsored